The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

I read an article from someone important in the sports industry (he participated as advisor in 2 Olympics (Sydney and Athens), 1 WC (France) and 1 Winter Games (Vancouver)) and he gave actual numbers of why hosting these sports events mean huge loss of money. He said the money received during the period of the event does not reflect 10% of its cost and the turism growth does not increase more than 20% afterwards. Also, the maintanance cost of those huge complex are enormous.

The World Cup excuse they are using to improve airports, roads, subways, etc, is ridiculous. We can do all that without a time limit and without FIFA's intervention. It would cost half of what it is and people would get a much better treatment. Folha de Sao Paulo did a calculation that showed if we had invested 30% of that money in hospitals, our public healthy system would double its quality...

The corruption is 50% of why I am against it, but even if we didnt have it, I would still not support it.

I know the money we are gonna earn doesn't come close to cover the costs, but it's still better than improving everything and receiving nothing back, that's why I said it helps.

There are more important areas to improve, but infrastructure makes our lives better and does have an effect on economic growth. So I don't know, as a football fan, bar the corruption I would have little complaints about having better stadiums, better public transportation system, better airports etc.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the money we are gonna earn doesn't come close to cover the costs, but it's still better than improving everything and receiving nothing back, that's why I said it helps.

There are more important areas to improve, but infrastructure makes our lives better and does have an effect on economic growth. So I don't know, as a football fan, bar the corruption I would have little complaints about having better stadiums, better public transportation system, better airports etc.

Well, I would be on par with you IF the money for these constructions weren't elevated because of the deadline.

Cumbica had an 28% increase in cost because of the need to be finished by 2014 and Itaquerao had an BNDES investment of 400mi for the same reason. Suppose that we would do it by our own, without FIFA's intervention, those improvements would be done by a lot less money and would still be ready for 2015 or 2016 (which isnt that bad).

This increase in budget due to the proximity with the event reduces their cost-benefit.

Well, I would be on par with you IF the money for these constructions weren't elevated because of the deadline.

Cumbica had an 28% increase in cost because of the need to be finished by 2014 and Itaquerao had an BNDES investment of 400mi for the same reason. Suppose that we would do it by our own, without FIFA's intervention, those improvements would be done by a lot less money and would still be ready for 2015 or 2016 (which isnt that bad).

This increase in budget due to the proximity with the event reduces their cost-benefit.

Isn't it because we are lazy cunts and didn't plan everything well? I feel it wouldn't have to be rushed because we're reaching the deadline if we did things as they should have been done.

Isn't it because we are lazy cunts and didn't plan everything well? I feel it wouldn't have to be rushed because we're reaching the deadline if we did things as they should have been done.

No, it is not beacuse we are lazy cunts (well, we are, but it is not because of that), it is because politicians can use the "we have to do it by whatever price now, it wont be completed in time and we will embarasse ourselves" to increase the cost at whatever price they feel comfortable with and people wont complain. It is all to steal money...

No, it is not beacuse we are lazy cunts (well, we are, but it is not because of that), it is because politicians can use the "we have to do it by whatever price now, it wont be completed in time and we will embarasse ourselves" to increase the cost at whatever price they feel comfortable with and people wont complain. It is all to steal money...

So, again, it's not because of WC. The reason is corruption :halo:

• 3 weeks later...

God damnit stupud Fifa... Playing career mode and Barca offered me 36 mil for Juan. Counter offered for 56 million not think they would accept and they did haha.... Annoying, now to get a replacement!

Real Madrid once offered me 76 million pounds for Neymar. I dind't want to sell him but then the board decided to sell him for 30 mill to Man City :@

• 2 weeks later...

Made a career mode with Bayern, into season 2013-14, got a beast of a squad :)

GK

Neuer - 27 years old with 89 overall.

Baumann (from Freiburg) - 23 years old with 78 overall.

Horn (from Cologne) - 20 years old with 69 overall.

RB

Lahm - 29 years old with 87 overall.

Gonul (from free agents) - 28 years old with 77 overall.

CB

Boateng - 24 years old with 82 overall.

Badstuber - 24 years old with 85 overall.

Dante - 29 years old with 82 overall.

Howedes (from Schalke) - 25 years old with 84 overall.

Tasci (from Stuttgart) - 26 years old with 78 overall.

LB

Alaba - 21 years old with 79 overall.

Aurtenetxe (from Bilbao) - 21 years old with 77 overall.

DM

Javi Martinez - 25 years old with 86 overall.

Emre Can - 19 years old with 70 overall.

Mario Suarez (from Atletico) - 26 years old with 78 overall.

CM

Schweinstager - 29 years old with 88 overall.

Koke (from Atletico) - 21 years old with 79 overall.

Iker Guarrotxena (from Bilbao) - 20 years old with 77 overall.

Paulinho (from Corinthians) - 25 years old with 84 overall.

Goretzka (from VfL Bochum) - 18 years old with 70 overall.

CAM

Kroos - 23 years old with 86 overall.

RW

Muller - 23 years old with 87 overall.

Shaqiri - 21 years old with 80 overall.

Arnautovic (from Bremen) - 24

Bruno (from Anderlecht) - 19 years old with 73 overall.

LW

Schurrle (from Leverkusen) - 22years old with 84 overall.

ST

Mandzukic - 27 years old with 82 overall.

Jovetic (from Fiorentina) - 24 years old with 88 overall.

Petersen - 24 years old with 81 overall.

Loaned out:

Weiser - 19 years old with 70 overall.

Lestienne (from Club Brugge) - 21 with 74 overall.

Usually play 4-3-3, strongest team:

-------------------Neuer----------------------

Lahm - Howedes - Badstuber - Alaba

------------------Martinez--------------------

---------Schweinstager - Kroos----------

Muller------------------------------Schurrle

-------------------Jovetic---------------------

Second string

-------------------Baumann------------------

-Gonul - Tasci - Boateng - Aurtenetxe-

------------------M.Suarez-------------------

-------------Paulinho - Koke----------------