Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

No no, we will only get him in the summer, but can't we do the deal right now (6 months FIFA rule)?

Well I thought we could still get him to sign a pre-contract with us in January so we would get him when the summer window opens up. That being said, pre-contracts aren't actually guarantees to the extent they should be :lol:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes which was last season. I don't think signing a player based on one season where he scored over 20 goals is right tbh, it would be like signing Michu because hes had one decent half a season.

I checked my stats again it turns out in 244 league games hes scored 82 times. Hes only scored over 20 goals in a season twice in his whole career. Negredo has scored more goals than him in La Liga (107 goals in 260 games) and obviously so has David Villa (230 goals in 443 games).

Stats are tough tho!

On paper Torres looked good before joining ;)

Mid-table team, won't create many chances etc - could be adversely affecting him?

Like others said, less than 10mill could be worth a gamble...?

Yes which was last season. I don't think signing a player based on one season where he scored over 20 goals is right tbh, it would be like signing Michu because hes had one decent half a season.

I checked my stats again it turns out in 244 league games hes scored 82 times. Hes only scored over 20 goals in a season twice in his whole career. Negredo has scored more goals than him in La Liga (107 goals in 260 games) and obviously so has David Villa (230 goals in 443 games).

Thats the thing he has not been this good for one season only since 2008 Llorente has been one of the top performers in la liga.Also he had his best season last year because he had good players to play with before that he did not had much support.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Llorente an 'average' player? Most who have seen him play over the past seasons would agree that his all-around game is excellent, the only thing I have against him is that he could score a few more goals (But then again he isn't in the greatest of teams, no disrespect to Bilbao). There is a reason a host of top clubs have tracked him, including Barcelona and Juve, among a lot of English sides.

Getting fed up of people passing judgement on a player from just purely looking at stats. I guess Drogba was just an average player then.

No Drogba wasn't an average player, Drogba was incredible, he could come up with that bit of magic that would win you games, fought for the team constantly and he had an incredible winning mentality along with JT, Lamps and Petr that rubbed off on others.

Llorente isn't as good as everyone makes out, if he was so good and meant so much to Bilbao, Bielsa would play him anyway despite the contract problems because you pick your best players usually. He's decent but there's better out there is what I meant, he'd be a cheaper option for us, you have to consider stats sometimes which shows he doesn't actually have that great a strike rate and hes had 2 stand out seasons where hes scored more than 20 goals.

Llorente isn't as good as everyone makes out, if he was so good and meant so much to Bilbao, Bielsa would play him anyway despite the contract problems because you pick your best players usually. He's decent but there's better out there is what I meant, he'd be a cheaper option for us, you have to consider stats sometimes which shows he doesn't actually have that great a strike rate and hes had 2 stand out seasons where hes scored more than 20 goals.

There is a lot of politics behind all of it. Last season contract negotiations really dragged on with Llorente, and it was quite evident towards the end of the season that it would be his last for Bilbao so he could leave for a new challenge. The club made up stories in the media of Llorente being 'greedy' and wanting too much money despite being their highest earner already. All a ploy to pressure Llorente into signing a new deal.

He basically said no and he wanted to leave for a new challenge, the club didn't like it and are trying not to show face by making him stay an rot on the bench. You would think after spending his entire career their the club would be more understanding.

After all that though, they have Aduriz who is banging in goals left and right, so him being on the bench hasn't been too bad for them so far.

No Drogba wasn't an average player, Drogba was incredible, he could come up with that bit of magic that would win you games, fought for the team constantly and he had an incredible winning mentality along with JT, Lamps and Petr that rubbed off on others.

Hmm some games Drogba was average at best and often sulked... BUT on his day he could single handedly destroy any team.

I'm still liking the idea of Walcott up front :)

Hmm some games Drogba was average at best and often sulked... BUT on his day he could single handedly destroy any team.

I'm still liking the idea of Walcott up front :)

Even the Walcott playing every week despite his contract running up kinda backs up my point about Llorente. You pick your best players week in and week out. Drogba played with his contract running down last year because he was our best striker. Sure their other strike might be in form but if Llorente was that good he'd still be playing. I don't see the point in managers making their best players sit on the bench over a contract, surely they would rather have them playing to try and get them further up the league no?

Even the Walcott playing every week despite his contract running up kinda backs up my point about Llorente. You pick your best players week in and week out. Drogba played with his contract running down last year because he was our best striker. Sure their other strike might be in form but if Llorente was that good he'd still be playing. I don't see the point in managers making their best players sit on the bench over a contract, surely they would rather have them playing to try and get them further up the league no?

I'm not disagreeing with that statement :)

From your posts, you seem very logical and analytical - trouble is, football is anything but :)

I would play him if I was in charge, but Egos tend to make people make rash decisions and then they won't u-turn :)

Maybe he isn't good enough, but with Studge going, Lukaku staying out on loan, I admit I just want ANY recognised forward, I even mentioned John Carew lol in another post :)

We simply cannot continue with JUST Torres

Look at Utd, awesome strike force, scoring for fun, same with City, Utd even linked to Lewandoski !!!

We need some of that !!! At least 3-4 quality strikers ready to battle it out on the pitch!!

I'm not disagreeing with that statement :)

From your posts, you seem very logical and analytical - trouble is, football is anything but :)

I would play him if I was in charge, but Egos tend to make people make rash decisions and then they won't u-turn :)

Maybe he isn't good enough, but with Studge going, Lukaku staying out on loan, I admit I just want ANY recognised forward, I even mentioned John Carew lol in another post :)

We simply cannot continue with JUST Torres

Look at Utd, awesome strike force, scoring for fun, same with City, Utd even linked to Lewandoski !!!

We need some of that !!! At least 3-4 quality strikers ready to battle it out on the pitch!!

Haha John Carew wow :blink:

I agree we need 2 new strikers at least, maybe 3 if we can get 3. I'd take Llorente but I still think theres better options out there. I'd have Walcott, Ba, Dzeko, Lewandowski, Lorenzo Insigne (think thats how you spell it, can't remember if hes a winger or a striker though) etc ahead of him.

Haha John Carew wow :blink:

I agree we need 2 new strikers at least, maybe 3 if we can get 3. I'd take Llorente but I still think theres better options out there. I'd have Walcott, Ba, Dzeko, Lewandowski, Lorenzo Insigne (think thats how you spell it, can't remember if hes a winger or a striker though) etc ahead of him.

Lmao yup Carew - for games against Stoke :)

Walcott deffo, Dzeko deffo - BA if he becomes realistic maybe, just worried it would be another Casaraghi moment for CFC, Lewandoski agreed :)

Still want Falcao in the summer tho and Torres going other way in cash + player deal :)

• 3 weeks later...