The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Agree. He reminds me of Pique, though not as good.

You know who I really like? Marchisio. Fantastic player.

That's actually a very good comparison.

I love Marchisio. You'll rarely find a better technique on the ball than him and he just cannot score and ugly goal. But he's like an artist, moody and temperamental and needs time to express himself. Conte was not having any of that. But now, he's having a real resurgence under Allegri. He's an excellent season so far.

La Liga champs were almost beaten by Bayer Leverkusen.

Cup competitions in general don't follow that logic considering the few number of games and the circumstances of each match. Biggest example is us in 2012 and Liverpool in 2005.

Shhhhh. That doesn't fit the current agenda...

Our generation is extremely lucky to have witnessed this unbelievable little fella named Lionel Messi play on our own eyes and live. Many of us did not see Pele, Eusebio, di Stefano and other fantastic players and we only hear of them from the older generation. Messi is something I have never seen before, he makes football look so easy and does it in a beautiful way and when he will be remembered and talked about in 40, 50 years, we will be the ones who can say we saw him and his magic live. (And we supported the club that he never scored against :D )

What got me last night watching that game was the sheer speed that Barcelona break at. I mean there was a point when Messi went out with the ball, he had Suarez and Neymar either side of him and his feet where moving so fast that it reminded me of the Road-Runner cartoons. That for me is just one of the differences, not only the pace but the weight of passes all night were absolute sensational. Passes were played nine times out of ten so that the the receiver didn't even have to break stride to reach them, and even the passes which were in the air were just sublime.

Our generation is extremely lucky to have witnessed this unbelievable little fella named Lionel Messi play on our own eyes and live. Many of us did not see Pele, Eusebio, di Stefano and other fantastic players and we only hear of them from the older generation. Messi is something I have never seen before, he makes football look so easy and does it in a beautiful way and when he will be remembered and talked about in 40, 50 years, we will be the ones who can say we saw him and his magic live. (And we supported the club that he never scored against :D )

I have seen all those you mentioned and even earlier ,,When British players were actually the Worlds best ,, BUT Messi is the best I have seen ,, just my opinion

I'm probably the only Juve fan in the world that rates him higher than Bonnuci. Although Leonardo has stepped up with some important goals in the past couple of seasons.

in italy everybody consider Barzagli the best defender ;)

one of the absolute protagonists of the last 3 scudetto's

now i hope to meet PSG at the quarter finals

in italy everybody consider Barzagli the best defender ;)

one of the absolute protagonists of the last 3 scudetto's

now i hope to meet PSG at the quarter finals

Really? Then why do all the non-Italian and English speaking Juve fans I've met rate Bonnuci higher? :lol:

I'd be happy with either French team.

That's actually a very good comparison.

I love Marchisio. You'll rarely find a better technique on the ball than him and he just cannot score and ugly goal. But he's like an artist, moody and temperamental and needs time to express himself. Conte was not having any of that. But now, he's having a real resurgence under Allegri. He's an excellent season so far.

Agree. He's the reason I don't think Juve will really feel the impact of Pirlo eventually losing his spot/leaving/hanging up his boots.

What got me last night watching that game was the sheer speed that Barcelona break at. I mean there was a point when Messi went out with the ball, he had Suarez and Neymar either side of him and his feet where moving so fast that it reminded me of the Road-Runner cartoons. That for me is just one of the differences, not only the pace but the weight of passes all night were absolute sensational. Passes were played nine times out of ten so that the the receiver didn't even have to break stride to reach them, and even the passes which were in the air were just sublime.

In terms of style, they look like the Barca of old. Rijkaard's Barcelona. Messi is the Ronaldinho of this version, only twice as good. Unbelievable.

Rakitic looked really good as well...

Good thing enrique dropped xavi. It will be interesting to see what midfielders they bring in this summer with xavi's departure.

Rakitic is fantastic. He's the 'modern' donkey. A very hard working and selfless player, constantly covering and always full of running. But he's very good on the ball as well. At first, it looked like he might not make it. I didn't think it was going to work out myself. But he managed to adapt and now he's a key player. For me at least. Credit to him.

Regardless of whether Fabregas is a better player or not, they made the right decision to sell him. Fabregas-Busquets-Iniesta was never going to work.

And credit to Suarez as well. I was wrong because I didn't think he would succeed at Barca. He's made adjustments to his game and has put the team ahead of personal glory. I never expected Suarez to play second fiddle to Messi. Something Ibra was not prepared to do.

We have bayern v. Barca 2 years ago n real Madrid v. Atletico every year I personally want something different.

Barca v. Juve

Bayern v. Atletico

Real v. Psg

Monaco v. Porto

but that basically means that barca, bayern and RM are in the semis once again. almost redundant. let them face each other and knock each other out.

Real Madrid v. PSG

Bayern Munich v. Barcelona

Juventus v. Atletico

Porto v. Monaco

PSG, Barcalona, Juventus and Porto.

PSG v. Juventus

Barcelona v. Porto

PSG, Barcelona final.

Barcelona win.