The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

City's chances were half chances at best. Barcelona had them chasing shadows all night, Yaya Toure was blowing out of his arse after half an hour.

Watching Barcelona last night was a joy. The first touch is perfect nigh on everytime, which then only requires the receiver to feed off onto someone else. The ball is under control all of the time and precision of pass is mind blowing.

I couldn't understand how pple thought mancity will beat barca.

Only bayern style pressing, parking the bus or holding possession better than them can beat barca. Mancity don't use any of those styles and can't beat barca at keeping possession.

Barca had a penalty for handball by clichy turned down in the first half.

Barca had a legit goal by pique disallowed.

Pellegrini should shut up, the pressure after so much mind games from Jose has gotten to him.

Bayern is simply the best team I can ever think of, they have no weakness. They have world class players at every position , and a bench so strong I'm pretty sure a Bayern B team could make it semis of the UCL. It's fun to watch the decimate the Spanish giants, but I hate how they have a monopoly on all german talent. I really like Dortmund for whatever reason.

Jesus christ, win one Champions League and they're the best ever? City went to the Allianz this season and beat them 3-2. Don't think they're that good really. Teams can really nail them on the counter.

World class players in every position? Isn't Guardoila playing Rafina, Jerome Boateng and Dante? They're not world class players.

I couldn't understand how pple thought mancity will beat barca.

Only bayern style pressing, parking the bus or holding possession better than them can beat barca. Mancity don't use any of those styles and can't beat barca at keeping possession.

If this was the Barcelona 3-4 years ago, would have agreed 100% but since it's not, then not so much. Barcelona are still a good side but not as good as the one years ago and far less intense. Even an average side in Milan and Ajax managed to get a positive result against Barcelona (the former - draw - and latter - a win) earlier in the competition. They are not all THAT great like you're trying to make them out to be really. Everything only happened for them yesterday after the sending off and yet in the first half, for all their chances, they created nothing and only seem to bother to keep the ball without doing anything for the sake of it.

City can have no complaints in my opinion. Penalty was given, get over it. I thought it was a penalty at the time and i've seen nothing to change my mind. Tough call for the ref to make.

Red card was crazy by Demichelis, no need to bring Messi down. Let him score or have a shot, at least its only 1-0.

City were poor all night in truth. Negredo put in a decent shift up front on his own but he was isolated. Thought Kolorav did well on the left. Barca didn't even have to get out of second gear to beat them.

Onto tonight, I don't give Arsenal a hope. In terms of starting eleven, the bench and manager Bayern are better. City and better then Arsenal, and Bayern are better then Barca so I fear for Arsenal here. Think this could be 3 or 4 nil.

By the way, How impressive were PSG last night? My tip for the Champions League this year. Zlatan needs to win it to go down as one of the greats.

Bayern is simply the best team I can ever think of, they have no weakness. They have world class players at every position , and a bench so strong I'm pretty sure a Bayern B team could make it semis of the UCL. It's fun to watch the decimate the Spanish giants, but I hate how they have a monopoly on all german talent. I really like Dortmund for whatever reason.

But I still think barca at their peak is better. With Abidal, pique, puyol, n alves defensively they were actually pretty good.

If this was the Barcelona 3-4 years ago, would have agreed 100% but since it's not, then not so much. Barcelona are still a good side but not as good as the one years ago and far less intense. Even an average side in Milan and Ajax managed to get a positive result against Barcelona (the former - draw - and latter - a win) earlier in the competition. They are not all THAT great like you're trying to make them out to be really. Everything only happened for them yesterday after the sending off and yet in the first half, for all their chances, they created nothing and only seem to bother to keep the ball without doing anything for the sake of it.

I agree they are not great as before. Messi was football god in their peak but injuries have slowed him down so far, when he gets back to form people will fear them again. They've changed their all out high pressing to more of a zonal pressing where they come back a bit deeper. Before they don't let opponents make more than 7 passes becos of the constant high pressure on you, so they were like dortmund with perfect possession play.

But their possession still tires out opponents especially when they make the CM run around all game. Its more like how spain NT do, they hold aimless possession waiting for you to come out but tiring you out and ending up going all out in the 2nd half when opposition can't run as fast or cover as much space.

Point I'm trying to make is their not the same level as before, (which was arguably the top 3 best ever footballing side and best in that 2009-2012 era) but they still end up being the 2nd best club in the world right now.

Taking their ball and going home. :wave:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297762

And their 'outside the box penalty' was nowhere near as bad as the one Ellery gave in the 94 cup final, so sshhh.

....or the ones we should have had against the cheating catalan cunts in 2009. Piques handball, alves on malouda, two by yaya toure on Drogs and Anelka. Ovrebo you cunt.

Barcelona these days are so boring to watch, under Pep they were great mainly because they had the end product, whenever they were in the box a few 1-2s and they'll be in... but this Barca suck the life out of the game, constanly passing at a slow tempo with no end product at all.

Barcelona these days are so boring to watch, under Pep they were great mainly because they had the end product, whenever they were in the box a few 1-2s and they'll be in... but this Barca suck the life out of the game, constanly passing at a slow tempo with no end product at all.

I don't agree. I think they are an absolute joy to watch.