Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Our scout Guy Hillion and goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon on Kakuta..

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1695387/chelsea-scout-marseille-midfielder-florian-thauvin?cc=4716

"It's a huge waste, because I've already said it and I'll repeat it: he was the most talented one of his generation," Hillion told L'Equipe of Kakuta, who recently decided to end his loan deal at Vitesse Arnhem early and is now training with Chelsea's reserve team. "He could be exceptional. But talent is not enough. There comes a time, when you accumulate failures, that there are problems at every club you go to, you have to ask yourself the right questions and question yourself. Because before Arnhem, there was Bolton, Fulham and Dijon."

Chelsea goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon told L'Equipe that Kakuta, under contract in West London until 2015, may need to move to see his career take off.

"He needs someone to guide him, show him the way," Lollichon said. "But he's also a little stubborn. He has an idea of what football is, but he needs to understand it's up to him to adapt to the others, to the team.

"I get the impression, and it's only my opinion, that he really wants to return to France. He needs a club that puts their faith in him, regardless of the club's identity. He needs stability. I don't think he's lost to football, he's just very late in his development."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9138312/

Fully agree with this article and the one ja1 posted above. It is a shame that he has not managed to be a success in any of his loans. He was the best player I have seen for a while in your Youth cup team and completely ripped apart that tournament. I actually thought at the time that he could be definitely one player who would ake it big here. Never seen a player as talented as him while playing for our youth team. Doubt it will be at us but hope he can kickstart his career at another club because he still has a lot of time to make a mark.

I still remember when he made his debut for us against Wolves and pulled of some nice skills in the match. That was at the age of 18 and for players to make their mark on the academy and then play for the first team at the age of 18 you would only expect things to go better. Sad that it has not turned out that way tbh :(

things I have been saying for the last 5 years ,,, WHAT is the point of our Academy ,,, We need only look at Matic to see how poor we are at developing young talent.

Because any club with ambitions to succeed in an era of FFP needs to develop talent. It's as simple as that.

Matic is a shockingly bad example to use for the simple fact that we signed him when he was 21. He's hardly a typical 'academy prospect', although the decision to let him go does look bad in retrospect.

Kakuta simply doesn't seem to have the attitude required to be a professional footballer and that's probably the single hardest thing to teach youngsters. The same could be said for Josh, but that doesn't mean the academy itself is pointless.

Because any club with ambitions to succeed in an era of FFP needs to develop talent. It's as simple as that.

Matic is a shockingly bad example to use for the simple fact that we signed him when he was 21. He's hardly a typical 'academy prospect', although the decision to let him go does look bad in retrospect.

Kakuta simply doesn't seem to have the attitude required to be a professional footballer and that's probably the single hardest thing to teach youngsters. The same could be said for Josh, but that doesn't mean the academy itself is pointless.

EXACTLY please tell me Who we have developed in the last 12 years ,,,THAT surely IS the point

EXACTLY please tell me Who we have developed in the last 12 years ,,,THAT surely IS the point

Why 12 years? So you can exclude JT? Fair enough.

Why not look from 2007 when the youth system and facilities were completely overhauled with the opening of the Cobham complex?

Who cares? We'll always have a youth academy, but it's a money making exercise rather than a real attempt to bring up youth talent into the first team.

Our policy has changed recently to buying the best young talent from abroad, loaning them out and selling the ones who aren't good enough. We have 27 players out on loan, or something like that - we're never going to integrate them all. Maybe one in 30 will have a chance at Chelsea, the rest will be sold to make a profit.

Kakuta is still only 22 years old and the potential is still there so even if his development has taken a massive hit in the last few years he can still become a very good player if he gets a fresh start in a new environment and someone sorts out his attitude issues. When the club lets him go I hope the board are smart enough to negotiate some kind of sell-on clause in the deal to ensure Chelsea gets a good amount of money if he still somehow managed to realize even a small part of his once-huge potential. At the moment Kakuta wouldn't go for much but if, for example, he was let go for free now and Chelsea got a clause for let's say 50% of his next transfer fee he could still end up netting the club millions if he moved on for a noticeable transfer fee sooner or later. Quite sure the club getting him wouldn't mind a deal like that either because getting a lad like this on a free transfer now would pretty much be a 'no risk - high reward' type of a situation to them.