Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

• 3 weeks later...

Came on as a substitute in the 2nd half for Lazio against Ludogotets but had to play as right defender for the Italians after Luis Cavanda was sent off. I haven't watched him in a while and from what I saw I don't think he can make it in any team in EPL.

Came on as a substitute in the 2nd half for Lazio against Ludogotets but had to play as right defender for the Italians after Luis Cavanda was sent off. I haven't watched him in a while and from what I saw I don't think he can make it in any team in EPL.

what a waste

• 3 months later...

Imagine Hazard and a Kakuta that fulfilled his potential?

Oh well

What bothers me is that he hasn't had one good loan yet. Just cannot hack it among the big boys, no matter in Bolton or Dijon. Indicates that there's something very wrong with his work ethic and confidence. Pulling off world class tricks in training only gets you so far.

What bothers me is that he hasn't had one good loan yet. Just cannot hack it among the big boys, no matter in Bolton or Dijon. Indicates that there's something very wrong with his work ethic and confidence. Pulling off world class tricks in training only gets you so far.

You could argue that his Dijon loan was actually decent.

You could argue that his Dijon loan was actually decent.

Got a few goals and assists and was their main man for parts of the season, I remember. Probably his brightest spell but that's not saying much in a trainwreck of a career.

Got a few goals and assists and was their main man, I remember. Probably his brightest spell but that's not saying much in a trainwreck of a career.

I wouldn't say he was the main man because IIRC he was dropped at the end, but yeah, that's probably the highest level he can play at.

I wouldn't say he was the main man because IIRC he was dropped at the end, but yeah, that's probably the highest level he can play at.

he was dropped for no good reason though. like piazon at vitesse

Both for good reasons, imo. Piazon just couldn't deal with being doubled up on and Kakuta offered Dijon nothing when the goals and assists dried up.

and what happened to vitesse's form once piazon was dropped?

and what happened to vitesse's form once piazon was dropped?

Their form dropped before Piazon was dropped. In fact, it Piazon's drop in form and in ability to score or assist anymore that caused the drop of form for Vitesse. Dropping Piazon was an attempt to stop the run of bad games for them.

• 2 weeks later...