Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Well we can't keep holding onto him anymore, it's his last chance. He has to impress us, forget about what Carlo did.

He did have a lot of talent and it's a shame, but we cannot keep holding on to him, he's looking like a squad player at best, needs to really pick himself up. If he can't do that then it's time to just sell him.

"I want to play first-team football week in, week out, either at Chelsea or anywhere else."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7952263/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like he's going on loan, yet again. Marseille are the likely team this time. Honestly, I'm loosing hope for Gael.

^ I reckon that's part of the bargaining to be honest. Kakuta will never make it here. Look at the growth of Mikel, from the player he was when he signed him, to one of the best defensive midfielders in the world now. Kakuta can't develop like that, because he isn't good enough. I know they're totally different players, but my point is Mikel was good enough at his age when we signed him to be EPL standard. Kakuta is nowhere near.

^ I reckon that's part of the bargaining to be honest. Kakuta will never make it here. Look at the growth of Mikel, from the player he was when he signed him, to one of the best defensive midfielders in the world now. Kakuta can't develop like that, because he isn't good enough. I know they're totally different players, but my point is Mikel was good enough at his age when we signed him to be EPL standard. Kakuta is nowhere near.

Yes but then could you have said that if we had a 21 year old Drogba ? Players blossom at different ages and he might explode in a few seasons !

If the idiot had stayed in France instead of moving to Chelsea at 16 then he would of been a much better player today in my opinion with over 50 games under his belt. I seriously believe that a potential world star like a 21 year old Drogba can be completely ruined by making a move to a side like Chelsea at such a tender age. When was the last foreign player or even national (English) at 16 that moved to a big club at such a young age ever make it ? The clever players stay at their clubs like Juan Mata until they have fully developed knowing the fact that they have a real chance to break into the first team ! The big moves come at 22-25 like Ramires/ Mata and Essien. If we had signed a 16 year old Essien I know for a fact he would not have made it into the first team.

You can't be serious?, I don't even think he's improved that much, even looking at him now.

Kakuta doesn't look good enough either.

You can't be serious?, I don't even think he's improved that much, even looking at him now.

Kakuta doesn't look good enough either.

You don't think Mikel has improved much are you crazy lol he's come leaps and bounds as a footballer. He's always had the ball keeping skills but he's improved 10 fold defensively. He gives us stability in midfield and I'm over the moon when I see him in the side because I know he ALWAYS provides an option for a pass !

You don't think Mikel has improved much are you crazy lol he's come leaps and bounds as a footballer. He's always had the ball keeping skills but he's improved 10 fold defensively. He gives us stability in midfield and I'm over the moon when I see him in the side because I know he ALWAYS provides an option for a pass !

He doesn't even move, the most I aggressive DM you can get. Doesn't track back, couldn't even track back in the MLS Allstate game, had some form last season thank god.

Drogba played his first Ligue 1 game at 23, he had a magnificent will to succeed. What can you expect from a player who hasn't even worked in his life and to whom people says he's the next big thing at 16

It's a matter of profile (I'm not convinced at all bu his profil if one day he'd become good) but mainly attitude

That's false, did you remember the difference between thez 70mn with Meireles in front of the defense at Old Trafford and the 20mn when Mikel came on ? Ask Rooney, I think he has a bit of clue about this if he's a little smart. He just disappeared from the game.

Rooney's start of the season was mainly dependent of if there was a player in his zone or not btw. When he faced Bolton he scored a pedestrian hat trick, when he faced WBA's 5 man midfield he was shite.

Otherwise we cannot just moan about a DM "tracking his opponent and chasing him". It's a waaaay to approximative concept.

DM can be separated in 3 categories.

I won't last long on the first category, there are all the Alex Songs and co who thinks they are Xavi and leaves the Piazza San Marco behind them. Dumbest idea in modern football

The second category can be shared in two different parts, it's the "tactical compensation" one:

The DM who works with their CB, everytime the CB leaves the defense line to go on a challenge or cover the full back who got dribbled, the DM slides into the CB's spot

The other role is just a bit different, it's the DM switching in front of the CBs if the CBs are covering their flanks.

The DM has to work with his defense, especially in the configuration we use for years: he's the anchor between the defense and the midfield. When a CB is out of position as Luiz was on the Milan goal, Mikel shall compensate the hole left by the Brazilian. But that implies Ramires or Lampard to slide to fill the line behind them.

They didn't, Mikel was left in a dangerous area keeping an eye on two players who left their position to ask the ball. And because Boateng had three distinct passing choices (Traoré, Nocerino and Emmanuelsson), Mikel was torn between the three players.

Otherwise Mikel is not the player who instigates the pressing, it's left to the players in front of him. And with the players playing between the lines, the alternative playing formation with a lot of permutations, it's very difficult to handle everything without organisation.

Tracking a player between the lines when you're the CB or the DM is the dumbest way to create a huge space that an other player will litterally devour with a diagonal run.

Organization is the key, without you cannot rely on one DM to keep an eye on 2 midfield players, one support striker whereas protecting the back four. That's dumb

You can go on making huge posts thinking your Alan Cars dad, but you were the one who said Gary Cahill is poor and overrated and didn't want us to sign him, I disagreed, look what happened

umm, losin faith in him aswell @CHOULO19, he's gona have to compete with

KDB, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Mata, (the new rw), piazon. phew! good fukin luck with that Gael, but after costing us a tranfer ban, he should have been Second coming of Christ!

It's clear you don't like Mikel, we get it.

No, he just thinks that every DM has to be aggressive and run around like a headless chicken before he's good. I wouldn't be surprised if he rated Parker from Spurs ahead of Mikel.

No, he just thinks that every DM has to be aggressive and run around like a headless chicken before he's good. I wouldn't be surprised if he rated Parker from Spurs ahead of Mikel.

Na ignorant logic once again. Another fool who thinks he's one of Wengers scouts.

Parker is better than Mikel, Mikel is too poor off the ball.

Na ignorant logic once again. Another fool who thinks he's one of Wengers scouts.

Parker is better than Mikel, Mikel is too poor off the ball.

Ignorant? Fool? No need for the sarcastic, petty insults. People can have opinions different from yours. You're being the ignorant one insulting everyone, trying to have snide digs at everyone just because they don't agree with what you think is your "god-like" opinion.

I can't even be bothered debating with you why I think Mikel is better than Parker as it's clear you're just going to insult, + this is the Kakuta thread anyway.

And again, how is it ignorant logic when you've pretty much confirmed that you do rate Parker ahead of Mikel? Contradicting yourself hard.