Chelsea vs Benfica

Hopfully we can have a decent ref and linemen set as well...considering last time the linesmen seemed to miss a blatent pen despite being stood right in front of it

Need a strong performance from the start not halfway through otherwise be screwed..and hopfully we can score first settle nerves a little bit and then keep going

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry and I agree that Jesus talks too much but our players doesn't, but I hear you players like Mikel saying that the game is 40% win and other ones. Yeah we have some problems with injuries and players now are more concentrated with the portuguese league but a champions game is allways a champions game and I think that would be a great game, if we win very good, if doesn't we are fine either.

Is it true that between the first and second leg of the semi Final is the classico? (If we go through)

--------------Torres-------------------

Mata-------Lampard-----Sturridge

----------Mikel-------Romeu---------

A.Cole-----------------------Ivanovic

---------Terry--------Luiz-------------

-----------------Cech-------------------

That!

Him and his players are running their mouth way too much and it's getting really annoying!!

Agreed, Jesus yaps too much, but its all about context. You expect the guy to say "we're gonna lose, Chelsea are too good"? If portuguese press ask him he's gonna put a positive spin for the fans, its the least he should do. Players same scenario, nobody quotes the question asked, they just quote a player saying we can win, or we should score, or things like that. What do you expect the poor guys to say?

-------------Cech----------------

Ivan---------Luiz-------JT-------Coles

-----------------Mikel------------------

------------Ramiers------------------

----------------Lampard----------------

Sturridge-------Torres-----------Kalou

News in Portugal is that Luisao is out as well. We're fucked. Garcia gonna play in defense instead of midfield, and no clue who's gonna play the other CB role. Dear God if Emerson plays CB I will literally cry. If Chelsea don't score 3-4 goals today against this horrid situation then its a disgrace. We know we're giving up goals, question will be whether we can pop in a couple and make a game of it. It could get ugly.

Hopfully we can have a decent ref and linemen set as well...considering last time the linesmen seemed to miss a blatent pen despite being stood right in front of it

Need a strong performance from the start not halfway through otherwise be screwed..and hopfully we can score first settle nerves a little bit and then keep going

Agreed, last thing I want to talk about is refs and linesman, I'd much prefer a good game by all 3 teams.

Agreed, Jesus yaps too much, but its all about context. You expect the guy to say "we're gonna lose, Chelsea are too good"? If portuguese press ask him he's gonna put a positive spin for the fans, its the least he should do. Players same scenario, nobody quotes the question asked, they just quote a player saying we can win, or we should score, or things like that. What do you expect the poor guys to say?

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with them talking about the match/tie as a whole but the fact that they kept on talking about last week's result and performance about how we did not deserved to win etc is what annoyed me the most! Can't they just forget about what happened last week and just concentrate on tonight?!!

Hi! I expect that today's game will be a great game because Benfica only wants to score and will play a very offensive game and if we don't score in 1st half then Chelsea win by 2 or 3. Benfica has 3 or 4 CB's injuried, Luisão is an incognite and will play with Javi Garcia and maybe Emerson at CB so our defense will be vulnerable, otherwise our atack will try to score and we score allways away from home. I prefer to win our next game with Sporting Lisbon that is very important for us to be champions so I just want to see a big game by two great teams ;)

I agree, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Champions League is not even a realistic dream, so let's move on and work hard against Sporting this weekend. Its impossible to expect a result today with our injuries in the back AND chasing the tie. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 3 or 4. Let's try to play well today, then focus on the league.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with them talking about the match/tie as a whole but the fact that they kept on talking about last week's result and performance about how we did not deserved to win etc is what annoyed me the most! Can't they just forget about what happened last week and just concentrate on tonight?!!

Don't forget that Benfica is the big fish in the small pond. The press is prob 74% Benfica, 15% Sporting, 10% Porto, and 1% everyone else. The players can't forget these things cuz the press badgers the hell out of them. "Hey Cardozo, I saw you frown on Monday morning at 11:42 for about 3 seconds, is that because you're mad about the missed penalty on Terry last game?" Its garbage and they're just filling newspapers with nonsense and its not a representation of our team's mood or attitude, its just press starting shit.

we should come out pumped. they have a makeshift CB pairing, so play a narrow formation and slide balls through their defence. Torres to continue his resurgence. Barcelona HERE WE COME

I believe bir_h has said quite a lot about that. Not denying that every or most managers ask their player(s) to use the time wasting tactics in certain situations in a game. However, if you're gonna do that, at least tell that to your player(s) in the dressing room or training ground or basically just behind closed doors before a game. Don't do it so blantantly obvious in the public like that!!

Agreed, everyone knows it happens and its a tactic used everywhere, but in this particular case with Jesus running down the sidelines making a ruckus its a disgrace. No way I can condone that or formulate any reasonable response. Wish it was Porto's coach who did that so I could have a field day with it, but us Benfica fans gotta own that one.

Hi! I expect that today's game will be a great game because Benfica only wants to score and will play a very offensive game and if we don't score in 1st half then Chelsea win by 2 or 3. Benfica has 3 or 4 CB's injuried, Luisão is an incognite and will play with Javi Garcia and maybe Emerson at CB so our defense will be vulnerable, otherwise our atack will try to score and we score allways away from home. I prefer to win our next game with Sporting Lisbon that is very important for us to be champions so I just want to see a big game by two great teams ;)

I really like Benfica. Witsel, Aimar, Gaitan, Cardozo all have great technique and some of their passing is just too good. I want them to win the Portuguese league over Porto and Sporting but tonight, with their defence and everything, its all over.