Chelsea vs Benfica

Don't forget that Benfica is the big fish in the small pond. The press is prob 74% Benfica, 15% Sporting, 10% Porto, and 1% everyone else. The players can't forget these things cuz the press badgers the hell out of them. "Hey Cardozo, I saw you frown on Monday morning at 11:42 for about 3 seconds, is that because you're mad about the missed penalty on Terry last game?" Its garbage and they're just filling newspapers with nonsense and its not a representation of our team's mood or attitude, its just press starting shit.

Either way, best to forget about it and focus on tonight's game. :)

By the way, just curious, has Javi Garcia played as a CB or anywhere across the back 4 before? If yes, how has he done there?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should come out pumped. they have a makeshift CB pairing, so play a narrow formation and slide balls through their defence. Torres to continue his resurgence. Barcelona HERE WE COME

Definitely the right idea. News in Portugal is Luisao out, Garcia/Emerson starting in the centre with Capdevilla at LB (just threw up in my mouth). This game could be a fantastic confidence booster for Torres. If Benfica are going to lose, I hope Torres gets a hat trick and goes crazy out there. The stars are aligning for him today.

Definitely the right idea. News in Portugal is Luisao out, Garcia/Emerson starting in the centre with Capdevilla at LB (just threw up in my mouth). This game could be a fantastic confidence booster for Torres. If Benfica are going to lose, I hope Torres gets a hat trick and goes crazy out there. The stars are aligning for him today.

yeah - drogba injured. the stars are perfectly lined up for him to take centre-stage

Either way, best to forget about it and focus on tonight's game. :)

By the way, just curious, has Javi Garcia played as a CB or anywhere across the back 4 before? If yes, how has he done there?

Apparently he was a CB growing up before being changed to a centre-mid. He's filled in at CB for parts of games due to injuries or tactical changes chasing a goal where we remove a CB and he's done really well. If it was Garcia/Luisao at the back I wouldn't be too worried, but its the second half of the equation that scares the crap out of me today. Also, the CB's are a lot better with Garcia sitting in front of them supporting them. Now we have to rely on Matic who looks promising but might be ready for primetime. Its a difficult situation but what can you do.

Apparently he was a CB growing up before being changed to a centre-mid. He's filled in at CB for parts of games due to injuries or tactical changes chasing a goal where we remove a CB and he's done really well. If it was Garcia/Luisao at the back I wouldn't be too worried, but its the second half of the equation that scares the crap out of me today. Also, the CB's are a lot better with Garcia sitting in front of them supporting them. Now we have to rely on Matic who looks promising but might be ready for primetime. Its a difficult situation but what can you do.

The middle zone needs explointing then!

Cheers for the feedback. :)

I just registered to wish all Chelsea lads good luck for tonight. I am hoping a great game with Benfica always chasing to score against a deffensive side trying to take advantage of our fagilities on defense. It is one of those games in which everything can work out extremely well (and we win) or...we end up defeated by 3 ou 4.

More important than that is that our players (and coach) have in mind our history and the importance of our symbol for the fans and try to do everything to win the game. Win or die trying!

One thing I am sure of. The qualified team will be the team I will follow to win this Champions League edition as Chelsea is the club I "support" in England!

All the best for you guys in CL and also on the premier league. It will be quite difficult to reach the 4th place but, in football, nothing is impossible.

Cheers!

BENFICA SEMPRE!

Keep the blue flag flying high!