Chelsea vs Benfica

Hoping the football will be tolerable. We should should qualify without much trouble as long as we defend like a decent team and don't concede from a set-piece. A Torres goal at this stage would be golden for many reasons.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not comparing the teams but think we all do remember what happened the last time a team came to SB in CL with a makeshift defence.

they've got nothing to loose. so they'll go out to attack, attack and attack. If they score first, it'll be nervy.

A good lineup for Chelsea and looking at Benfica's starting lineup I got even a little bit more confident about getting the result tonight. Their central defense is a joke with Emerson & Garcia neither even being a proper CB. Also looking forward to Ramires vs Capdevila on the right wing, that guy is slow as hell compared to our little Brazilian.

4-1 to Chelsea.

Kalou is back to starting games more often and looks like he is going to get his requested new contract again and again and again ....

He can score goals and tap ins as much as he wants but i just want him to fuck off and stop playing in our shirt .

As for today, i am going to want what Tomo wanted all season, i disagree with playing Kalou upfront, but for this game i think it's needed, however premier league, its a god damn no no.

Kalou is back to starting games more often and looks like he is going to get his requested new contract again and again and again ....

He can score goals and tap ins as much as he wants but i just want him to fuck off and stop playing in our shirt .

Not one to speak against negativity that that's just way over the top.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Torres, Mata. Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Drogba, Meireles, Ferreira, Sturridge, Cahill.

Hmmm Disappointed about Sturridge not makin it into the team. Could have exploited their lack of pace at the back. otherwise looks a good counter attackin team

But it's true.

We haven't had the same (group of) person(s) picking the team and assembling the squad in years. He's never going to get a new contract no matter how many desperate starts Di Matteo provides him.