Axel Witsel

Nic!

Different media in Belgium are reporting that he has to leave Zenit St Petersburg because of de devaluation of the Russian Rouble!

Witsel (just as Hulk, Javi Garcia, etc...) have their contracts in €. At the current exchange rate... this is a big problem for the Russian Clubs.

I would take Witsel over Mikel/Ramires any day!!!

Don't get to watch much of him tbh but in that video he is so much like Matic it's astounding. Well ahead of Mikel in..well, everything. And if I'm being objective his ability/technique on the ball out wide is impressive. Gets himself past defenders on the touch line like a winger. Don't get to see Matic that wide very much.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably now, but not in the long run. Pogba would be a better addition to our squad.

true. but we couldnt hope to get him for under £60m or whatever. and he would end the chances of loftus cheek. witsel is a realistic and large upgrade on mikel, who seems to be an important player now.

true. but we couldnt hope to get him for under £60m or whatever. and he would end the chances of loftus cheek. witsel is a realistic and large upgrade on mikel, who seems to be an important player now.

Witsel was a decent prospect at Benfica, but ain't doing much at Zenit. I personally think he wouldn't be worth Zenit's asking price.

Witsel was a decent prospect at Benfica, but ain't doing much at Zenit. I personally think he wouldn't be worth Zenit's asking price.

If you play him like he does at our national team, as a technically gifted defensive midfielder, he's amazing. He's quite consistent and he rarely loses balls.

This said, you don't really need him and a 40,000,000 euro player is not coming as a backup option. Naingolan would offer pretty much the same for less money btw, although I rate him slightly less than Witsel.

• 4 weeks later...

Axel Witsel Exclusive: Zenit Star Talks Belgium, Hints at Manchester United Move

By the way there's not hint at Manchester United move.

This is what he said:

AW: I want to play in one of the top clubs in Europe one day. It’s true that I like the Premier League, because it is one of the best leagues in the world, for me, together with Germany and Spain. It is a very good league; it is a crazy league. A lot of my colleagues play there, but we will see. I am still young, only 26. Well see in the future. I have always liked Manchester United from when I was young.

Axel Witsel Exclusive: Zenit Star Talks Belgium, Hints at Manchester United Move

By the way there's not hint at Manchester United move.
This is what he said:
AW: I want to play in one of the top clubs in Europe one day. It’s true that I like the Premier League, because it is one of the best leagues in the world, for me, together with Germany and Spain. It is a very good league; it is a crazy league. A lot of my colleagues play there, but we will see. I am still young, only 26. Well see in the future. I have always liked Manchester United from when I was young.

Indeed, he only said he liked Man U, no links or rumoures at all

Sure a Matic and Witsel pivot would be difficult to breakdown. However while witsel might be technically gifted enough to play as CM, he tends to slow down te game too much. Using him as a pure DM would be silly considering Matic might already be the best in the world at that role/position. 30 million pounds is to much to warm the bench. Pogba might be quite more expensive but would create a better partnership with Matic I feel, also would be rather intimidating for any team to come and face us and would probably make our midfield the most physical in the world. Yaya Touré would become a little whining bitch if he had to face both Matic and Pogba on the midfield.

Pogba would be much more usefull in attack, especially whe facing smaller teams and would give Hazard and Fabregas so much more freedom. I really hope we do sign him, though I doubt financial wise it will be easy.

If we don't buy him but rather a mikel replacement, I'd rather have someone cheaper come in instead. Which would also be nice for RLC.

Sure a Matic and Witsel pivot would be difficult to breakdown. However while witsel might be technically gifted enough to play as CM, he tends to slow down te game too much. Using him as a pure DM would be silly considering Matic might already be the best in the world at that role/position. 30 million pounds is to much to warm the bench. Pogba might be quite more expensive but would create a better partnership with Matic I feel, also would be rather intimidating for any team to come and face us and would probably make our midfield the most physical in the world. Yaya Touré would become a little whining bitch if he had to face both Matic and Pogba on the midfield.

Pogba would be much more usefull in attack, especially whe facing smaller teams and would give Hazard and Fabregas so much more freedom. I really hope we do sign him, though I doubt financial wise it will be easy.

If we don't buy him but rather a mikel replacement, I'd rather have someone cheaper come in instead. Which would also be nice for RLC.

Also what needs to be considered is Witsel and Matic didn't play that well together at Benfica and it wasn't until Axels departure Matic came into his own.

• 4 months later...

La Gazetta dello Sport is reporting that not only Juventus, but now also Manchester United & Chelsea are trying to get Witsel!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/15-06-2015/juventus-accelerata-witsel-giovedi-sara-tevez-day-120185545708.shtml

Altough Juve looks to be in pole position, at Manchester he could be reunited with his buddy Fellaini => once a very solid midfield at Standard de Liege!

Also Mourinho is charmed by Witsel!

To be followed!

I`d rather integrate RLC into the back up role for Matic. if Matic got suspended or injured and missed games where we may not trust RLC to be defensive enough we can use Zouma or Chalobah..clubs who have been among the top sides in Europe for longer than us don`t rely on a full 24 squad of established players.

we want to see young homegrown players make it with us but turn into over protective mothers when it comes to actually playing and wrongly believe that our top young talent should be farmed out to be coached and gain experience of playing for clubs that have different styles of play than us and different agenda`s. where even if they have a successful loan it does not prove they are ready for us until they actually play for us. cut out the middle man,rely on our coaches and integrate into the team those who have enough talent to atleast be given a chance in League Cups,Fa Cups and against the lesser talented Premiership and European teams.

we can`t cram all our good young talent into the squad at the same but it`s important to introduce one or two a season or in 2 or 3 years time we are gonna face having to either place 5 or 6 into our first team squad at the same time or lose most of them to other clubs.

we have far too many young players to be coached up by ourselves at once and those who aren`t yet at the top of our crop,can be loaned out. but loan outs should not be used as a generic remedy for all of them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You