Axel Witsel

Nic!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Mikel replacement, sure, but he won't improve first XI. As a defensive midfielder he is good but his offensive play lacks very much. I can't imagine when we go into the big game with Witsel - Matic pivot, this lacks creativity too much. Fabregas has to be dropped and will be in bigger games, I'm sure, at least from pivot role, and we need big player for midfield role. Someone who can do industrial job like tackling, pressing and tracking back but he has to be offensively sound player as well. Be able to bring ball forward and fast the attacks and sprint to opposition box. Definitely not someone to give "a balance" which now has automatic meaning of someone who will slow attacks down.

Witsel has technique on Hazard level in my opinion but there's too much Willian in him. Offensively inept. No thanks.

We need Pogba/Koke/Vidal level player now. Though Nainggolan would do the job as well. Where is Michael Essien when we need him most ?

As a Mikel replacement, sure, but he won't improve first XI. As a defensive midfielder he is good but his offensive play lacks very much. I can't imagine when we go into the big game with Witsel - Matic pivot, this lacks creativity too much. Fabregas has to be dropped and will be in bigger games, I'm sure, at least from pivot role, and we need big player for midfield role. Someone who can do industrial job like tackling, pressing and tracking back but he has to be offensively sound player as well. Be able to bring ball forward and fast the attacks and sprint to opposition box. Definitely not someone to give "a balance" which now has automatic meaning of someone who will slow attacks down.

Witsel has technique on Hazard level in my opinion but there's too much Willian in him. Offensively inept. No thanks.

We need Pogba/Koke/Vidal level player now. Though Nainggolan would do the job as well. Where is Michael Essien when we need him most ?

I agree about the type of CM we should get. But Cesc wont be dropped in the big games and he shouldnt, he'll play infront of the pivot.

Pogba/Koke/Vidal are far from available though, and Roma are about to agree a deal with Cagliari for the full rights of Nainggolan. Allan of Udinese would be my pick, and he'll cost about 18m Euros.

Haha, what the heck? Who is this almighty player?

It sound like Vidal type of player, a name he also wrote.

His description was that of the perfect CM, doing the job of two men. I know Vidal but he can't do all of that in a single match. No one can. You name me any top midfielder and I'll point out flaws.

His description was that of the perfect CM, doing the job of two men. I know Vidal but he can't do all of that in a single match. No one can. You name me any top midfielder and I'll point out flaws.

He didnt say he needs to do everything each game. Vidal can tackle and do industrial job, bring the ball forword, join attacks, i see no wrong in what he wrote.

He also didnt described a perfect CM, he didnt say he needs to be an amazing playmaker/passer. I think he meant a top box to box CM.

People who say Witsel can be bought for 15M obviously don't know him. And Zenit will sell their best player for half the price they bought him for, very likely. Maybe we should buy Messi for 35M, easy game buying players. Matic is a fantastic DM and Fabregas a fantastic CM. Those positions are filled, we need to look at other positions. Or maybe get a real 15M back up for those 2 players.

I remember him from Benfica. Quite one of my favourite midfielders back then. His ball control was simply outstanding.

But ever since he moved to Zenit, I only saw him in beligum nt and he is more or less Mikel 2.0 there. Has better ability obviously, but his role is sit back and make simple passes. Should become box to box or more advanced CM, because he had talent to achieve it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You