Axel Witsel

Nic!

His career was going nicely until he decided to jump aboard the money train to Russia. Was a big fan of his, but sadly, I believe he has wasted crucial development years in a piss-poor league and has plateaued as a result.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His career was going nicely until he decided to jump aboard the money train to Russia. Was a big fan of his, but sadly, I believe he has wasted crucial development years in a piss-poor league and has plateaued as a result.

Remember when Mou was keen to bring him to Real. Who knows, he might be one of best if things went differently.

Matic - Cesc - Witsel, mouthwatering. No two ways about it, Witsel is a MASSIVE improvement over Mikel.

I am not fan of this "improvement over Mikel" tags :)

We need midfielder who can't even be compared with Mikel and who can play first 11 and play on Champions League/Premier league level with ease ... Fabregas/Matić level of player :)

meh if the rumoured fee is accurate I'm okay with it. He doesn't really do anything brilliantly but as a squad player seems to be an upgrade to Mikel.

I understand what youre saying but on a few occasions early last season in interviews Mou said he loved having problems with team selection. We all found this very strange as it turned out that we had the same basic team most weeks,

I dont know how good this lad is as Ive not watched him much but I always think we should get the very best player we can get and let them fight over whos the best.

Getting someone because hes a good squad player doesnt fill me with much enthusiasm or hope for Europe.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Witsel. He's as solid as they come and he'll allow Cesc room to freelance. Matic/Witsel will be a formidable pairing and should allow for stronger midfield and more counter attacking. If it is 18 million pounds it's a bargain

Not sure why everyone is so down on Witsel. He's as solid as they come and he'll allow Cesc room to freelance. Matic/Witsel will be a formidable pairing and should allow for stronger midfield and more counter attacking. If it is 18 million pounds it's a bargain

As I have watched so very little, can you give me a detailed view on his game, strengths, weaknesses, etc.?

As I have watched so very little, can you give me a detailed view on his game, strengths, weaknesses, etc.?

I saw the Wales match. He didnt really touch the ball much in this game. But he sure was box to box.

Too good, and more importantly too expensive, to sit on the bench.

Central midfield is an area we more than have covered. Unless one of Cesc, Matic, Ramires or Mikel wish to leave, we should be spending the money elsewhere.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You