• Drogba
    • SUB - Mata
    • SUB - Sturridge
    • SUB - Luiz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Torres had started and played the whole game Stoke would of got a shut out and we would of drawn 0-0. Torres would have hit it against the keeper, Drogba is finished but he still has a lot more to offer for the rest of the season then Fernando Lipstick.

I am sure Torres wouldn't even have anticipated Mata's pass that eventually led to the goal.Even if he had,he surely wouldn't have been able to convert it to goal like Drogba. At 33,Drogba can offer more than a 27 year old Torres.

Re: the Torres issue, my point actually is that the first XI was very poor IMO and I can't believe some of those players were chosen. Only two of Meireles, Mikel & Lampard should have been played. Or maybe only one! This is Stoke at home for crying out loud! Having all 3 of Torres/Mata/Sturridge on the bench means that with the Ivanovic injury, only 2 can come on. Rightly so, Sturridge & Mata came on. But one of them should have been playing

Premier League should be our absolute priority atm!

Sam who would you play instead of Drogba ??? Lets be honest, Torres went through the whole Africa cup of nations without scoring a goal. Sturridge is probably needed out wide and Kalou is Shit. So we don't have many options and he's scoring at the moment.

But my point is that we still need an overhaul. I'm not picking out individuals but I am saying that these players have been shit for the last two seasons. I have great fears that if we do get 4th some (including the board) will then kee pthem, they will force the new manager to play them and we go through long periods where we are shit again next season. I can see this happening if we get 4th.

Interestingly, all of the old guard played today, is Di Matteo making sure more mutiny does not come against him/

Because I want people to be brought back down to earth. I have horrible feelings of a lot of the old guard being kept, playing regularly next season and like this and last season, play shit for long periods and another manager gets sacked. The player that made a difference was Mata, had it not been for his brilliant pass we would have not scored. It was staggering that all of the old guard (and those that created muting against AVB) started and played the whole 90 minutes. To me they gave me absolutely no confidence on why they should be kept, but some (importantly the current/new manager and the board) will in a stupid thought that they might have something to offer keep them, only for them to disappoint once again.

Worry about that after the season, if we've come 5th, if we lost 4 more games, if we start pre season with all the old guard. Don't think negative after a win otherwise you just aint ever gonna be happy are you. It's been a tough season so i'm grateful and happy for the wins we do get and now we can relax not worrying about a Chelsea game this weekend. Maybe we don't wanna be brought back down to earth because we aint won many lately.

Enjoy the win, be pissed off when we next lose with a whimper.

So apparently the last three months when these supposed experianced players played like shit does not bother you. Or the fact that they were shit today, were shit last season, and could easily be shit again in the future does not bother you? Are you happy that in the future we will just be shit with the same players?

I'm just happy we won, so should you, it hasn't happened much the last couple of months so be happy and not fucking negative all the time.

One of the main reasons I want us to move on from the like of Drogba and Lamps is so that we could collectively enjoy wins once again instead of dreading how they'll block any reform attempts, this has been going on since 09/10.

I must say I'm pretty surprise with the line-up and substitutions RDM made;

Starting Kalou over Sturridge and playing him for the full 90 minutes? he was rubbish against Birmingham and rubbish again today.

Starting Mata on the bench? his been our best player this season, then substituting him on 30 minutes into the game. Should of

started him.

Half time substitution with Luiz replacing Ivanovic? when we we're at 0-0 with a extra man he subs a defender for a defender when you have Torres and Sturridge on the bench.

I just found it all strange. hopefully his learns by next game that Kalou isn't in our best 11 and Mata and Sturridge needs to play.

Drogba took his goal well, but I thought he was pretty poor overall, Lampard I thought was pretty good in midfield, had a few decent shots, Cahill was probably our best player.

Anyway, ordinary performances with an extra man and when we did go a goal up we we're very poor, sloppy and careless passes, but the positives that we can take from this is that we got the 3 points, kept a clean sheet and held onto a lead. I'm amazed.

I'm just happy we won, so should you, it hasn't happened much the last couple of months so be happy and not fucking negative all the time.

I don't think anyone isn't happy and relieved that we won , BUT it is not being negative recognising the shortcomings in the performance