• Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Mikel
    • Kalou
    • Drogba
    • SUB - Mata
    • SUB - Sturridge
    • SUB - Luiz

Glad for three points, amazing victory for us and also for Roberto but still we are very far from our best. If Napoli was watching this they do not have to be afraid, still hope for some luck :dance:

Also I would like to say something about Sturridge, well every time he gets touch with ball I got excited expecting something is going to happen, keep that Danny. Brilliant free kicks form Drogba and Mata, god I want to see someone directly scoring from free kick.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need wings and RDM just cut them off today that shouldn't happen against Napoli because we have to go out there and attacking. I don't like the fact we give ball away to Stoke after we scored a goal! Mata on the bench ? Tactic was wrong same as the lineup.

Very worried by that 20minute spell after the goal where Stoke were over-running our midfield. Thankfully we held out.

Not getting carried away at all. A very average performance. Better than usual, but still poor.

We need wings and RDM just cut them off today that shouldn't happen against Napoli because we have to go out there and attacking. I don't like the fact we give ball away to Stoke after we scored a goal! Mata on the bench ? Tactic was wrong same as the lineup.

Think he was resting him for Wed

Bloody hell, they cant do anything can they they lose you lot slate um we win still slate them, i think some of ya need to relise who gives a fuck how the 3 points come as long as they come this is the situation we are in for the rest of the season.... a VERY MUCH NEEDED 3 POINTS>

Very worried by that 20minute spell after the goal where Stoke were over-running our midfield. Thankfully we held out.

Not getting carried away at all. A very average performance. Better than usual, but still poor.

That was their only good spell in the game, because as usual we take our foot off the gas when we score.

The rest of the game, there was only one side playing.

We defending brilliantly! Created a lot of chances, dominated the middle. RDM made a good/bold move to bring on Mata in the 35th minutes, reminds of another manager who did that early in his career :lol:

Obviously, there are things to improve on. But I'm content at the moment, because 3 points were the most important thing. Bring on Napoli.

Bloody hell, they cant do anything can they they lose you lot slate um we win still slate them, i think some of ya need to relise who gives a fuck how the 3 points come as long as they come this is the situation we are in for the rest of the season.... a VERY MUCH NEEDED 3 POINTS>

People that are criticizing are being realistic. I think everyone is pleased that we got the 3 points. But this was a poor Stoke team that was reduced to 10men. The problem is that there is no creativity whatsoever. So fucking pedestrian.

And "who gives a fuck how the 3 points come" that's not the point! The point is that if you play this way against most other teams, we won't win.

problem is...not every game is at home against Stoke who play with 10 men for 70 mins

Important 3 points, puts pressure on Arsenal and made even better by Liverpool's loss. Performance wasn't great, Stoke went down to 10 men fairly early which pretty much meant they presented no attacking threat for the duration of the game so it became a question of could we break them down? It turns out that yes, we could, once.

The game did highlight the continued problem of creativity in the side. It doesn't matter who the manager is, if he has to rely on playing the likes of Kalou, Mikel and Ramires on the right wing in the hope of breaking down a mid table side then he is destined to fail in the long run, it is a situation that desperately needs to be fixed in the Summer. Far too many times all we seemed to have were shots from long range, most guilty of this was Frank Lampard whose only thought these days seems to be "shoot" that isn't good enough anymore, there has to be more craft in the in the team.

That being said, if there was ever a reason to be optimistic about the future it is Juan Mata. Played in a central position and looked on an entirely different level to everyone else on the pitch, his clever 1/2 touch play, his darting movement, his jinking runs and the clever slip passes, the lad is the talisman of the team and his outstanding assist for Drogba won us a hugely valuable 3 points today, he borders on the sublime.

Cahill did quite well at the back when he was called into action, infact this was probably the ebst I've seen him in a Chelsea jersey, dealt very well in the 2 one on one situations he was forced into. Drogba took his goal very well, managed to find some room in the box and delivered a cool finish, nice to see that one of our strikers can still score.

Wednesday night the initiative will be with us to break down Napoli and score, all the while be aware of their lethal counterattacks. Our attack will have to be far more creative, far more varied, far more fluid and far more penetrating than it was today if we are to qualify.

because that performance against the majority of teams wouldnt result in 3 points. 3 points IS the most important thing but we should expect much more from our team in playing terms but as i say its hard to guage a game like this when Stoke for the most part park themselves in their box