• Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Mikel
    • Kalou
    • Drogba
    • SUB - Mata
    • SUB - Sturridge
    • SUB - Luiz

I don't know why people are complaining. We were resting our usual front three for the Napoli game, is that so hard for people to recognise? Yes, it was a shit game, but we totally dominated them. 1-0 is a flattering scoreline to Stoke, who, to be fair, defended valiantly. They didn't park the bus; they parked the entire depot. Games like this aren't won on performances but instead moments of individual quality, and Drogba and Mata provided that today. If this is how you react to a very good result against a hard-to-beat team, I'm avoiding this place on Wednesday when Naples put us out of our misery. This was an excellent result against a tricky opponent, and rather than focusing on two wins and two clean sheets in the last couple of matches, people are being very defeatist.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention, all 3 of Lampard, Meireles & Mikel starting. Especially the latter 2. Jesus. Stoke at home. Everyone knew that they're going to more or less park the bus. Why were both of them playing?!

Why make a thread like this after we've just won? Why don't you just enjoy the victory, have a few pints and enjoy the rest of the weekend just like i'm going to do.

So apparently the last three months when these supposed experianced players played like shit does not bother you. Or the fact that they were shit today, were shit last season, and could easily be shit again in the future does not bother you? Are you happy that in the future we will just be shit with the same players?

Im not happy with another managerial sacking, Im not happy with how weve been playing recently, Im not happy that we will be seeking another new manager in the summer, Im not happy that there is now a doubt about our senior players and legends work rate for the club recently. Im not happy about a lot of things but Im always ALWAYS happy when we score and win. COME ON

Because almost every team parks the bus against us :lol:

We make the job so much easier for the opposition manager, all he has to do is tell his team to put everyone back behind the ball and try to score from set-pieces or those stupid moments when Ramires and co give the ball away.

That's not an excuse though. The "bigger" teams always encounter this problem but they have to find a way to overcome it as well.

Another shit thread, another facepalm. Nobody is saying "w00t w00t chelsea iz best in world!" We all know that Drogba played shit for the majority. Lamps was pretty good though.

Don't need more threads after every fucking matchday critising us. Let's look forward and acknowledge that we did good against a side who played with 11 defenders against our 5 midfielders and Drog.

Didier Drogba speaking on Final Score: "To play Stoke is always difficult. Tactically they have a good shape, and we focused on the win today. It was a lovely pass from Juan Mata, knowing their defence played really high. We brought him in because he can change a game. He's very good."

Summed up perfectly.

This will be my last negative post today because time spent complaining is time wasted but did anyone watch Ath. Bilbao play against United two days ago? You would honesly believe they played a different sport than us..

happy with a win and hoping for improvement next season

signing off :cfc:

Mata, Sturridge & Torres ALL on the bench was a very poor decision by RDM indeed. You have to play at least one of them.

Torres shoulda played some part today. But with that rubbish first XI, we didn't have a choice. The substitutions that were made were necessary and I don't argue with them. But the problem was that if all 3 weren't left out, we could have saved a substitute and used it on Torres.

If Torres had started and played the whole game Stoke would of got a shut out and we would of drawn 0-0. Torres would have hit it against the keeper, Drogba is finished but he still has a lot more to offer for the rest of the season then Fernando Lipstick.

Why make a thread like this after we've just won? Why don't you just enjoy the victory, have a few pints and enjoy the rest of the weekend just like i'm going to do.

Because I want people to be brought back down to earth. I have horrible feelings of a lot of the old guard being kept, playing regularly next season and like this and last season, play shit for long periods and another manager gets sacked. The player that made a difference was Mata, had it not been for his brilliant pass we would have not scored. It was staggering that all of the old guard (and those that created muting against AVB) started and played the whole 90 minutes. To me they gave me absolutely no confidence on why they should be kept, but some (importantly the current/new manager and the board) will in a stupid thought that they might have something to offer keep them, only for them to disappoint once again.

If Torres had started and played the whole game Stoke would of got a shut out and we would of drawn 0-0. Torres would have hit it against the keeper, Drogba is finished but he still has a lot more to offer for the rest of the season.

lol I'm not Torres' biggest fan at all but he could have been brought on in place of Kalou

Like many of you here I totally disagree.He wasn't great today but he certainly wasn't terrible.He helped out his defenders whenever he could and made some exceptional runs and passes.He is able to offer us so much and lets not forget that glorious free kick chance.

Its sad to know that there are some who don't believe in him and criticize him for no reason.The man scored his 100th premier goal for us!Surely he deserves some respect if not appreciation.

If Torres had started and played the whole game Stoke would of got a shut out and we would of drawn 0-0. Torres would have hit it against the keeper, Drogba is finished but he still has a lot more to offer for the rest of the season then Fernando Lipstick.

He couldn't have done worse than Kalou.

While I congratulate Drogba on reaching the 100 mark. Let’s not forget that he was awful for most of the game if were not the sheer genius of Mata, then we would have probably drew the game.

I honestly did not celebrate when the final whistle went (or when Drogba scored) I feel sad that many will just use this game to paper over the massive cracks. Lampard was o.k, but how many games have we said that? Drogba was laboured and lacklustre yet will probably get to play 5 or 6 more games while playing cr&p before he is dropped. I just feel so depressed over our future. Insult me if you want we still need a massive overhaul where most of the old guard (including Drogba and Lampard) are gone. Otherwise they will give us another season of disappointment like they have given us the last two seasons.

Sam who would you play instead of Drogba ??? Lets be honest, Torres went through the whole Africa cup of nations without scoring a goal. Sturridge is probably needed out wide and Kalou is Shit. So we don't have many options and he's scoring at the moment.

I don't think (hopefully) anyone here's under any illusion that Lampard, Drogba etc are still cracks within the team. I don't think anyone will suggest they should be here next season either. (hopefully).