• Drogba
    • SUB - Mata
    • SUB - Sturridge
    • SUB - Luiz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to defend my decision to vote for DD as my MOTM. I wasn't able to watch the match live, but I was reading tweets & on msgboards about the action from the Bridge. Everywhere I went people yelling & screaming that DD was rubbish. I just now got to watch the match & I have to disagree w/ the wannabe spud fans. DD was on defense. His goal required skills that few can match. However, if the Blues play like this midweek vs. Napoli, we are going to be in for a rude awaking. I want the Blues to do it, but they need to play much better than displayed today. Up The Chels & make us proud vs. Napoli.

I thought we played brilliant yesterday. Good formation, almost perfect selection and good result. With Stoke putting all of their men in front of their goal, it was always going to be hard; but we kept the ball and kept trying to exploit them. There wasn't a point in the game where I thought "they're going to score now..." which is was a great improvement from the previous games. Lampard showed more interest and kept trying to get the ball and passing it forward.

Kalou was a bit so-so and Drogba should have took a few shots from range just to test their keeper. When Mata came on, we gained a bit of width and he really started putting in a few more classy crosses (but yes, he needs to improve his corners). Ivanovic was a hard loss, but Luiz wasn't that bad.

We need to improve our finishing and then we'll be closer to our old selves. I bet we'll win 2-1 at SB (thus losing on agg.) and it will be a hard fought occasion. UP THE CHELS.

For me Luiz-JT is still number one partnership, Cahill for me is immediate back up to both and a very good one may i add.

Cahil was by far better than JT yesterday. I said this in his thread, Garry is slowly becoming our most consistent centerhalf.

Wow well what do you expect... what the fuck do you expect?

you get the team playing like shit constantly, shit in the dressing room what should never be there, a team with no heart or desire who just want there pay cheque, and you expect positive posts do you?.

wow, passionate or unrealistic?

Drogba did have a good overall game, but didn't do the job in attack though. I did like seeing him defend when we were 1-0 up, late in the second half. I wouldn't say MOTM because Cahill but in a great shift with Ivanovic. Lampard was good too.

Cech was pissing me off a bit yesterday. Whether we were camped out in their half or not, I dont see a need for him to stroll quite so far out of his area - Stoke obviously picked up on it and could've scored with that lob late on. Bloody irritating

Can't believe some of the stuff i am reading.

We never once looked like conceding, we had total control of the match and kept going at Stoke until eventually we found a breakthrough. If United produced a performance like that you would all be in the english football thread waxing lyricals about how it.

Didn't see the game so I'll speak in general. First off, it isn't because ManUnited - a media's favorite - would be praised for such a performance that we should be happy about this performance. Secondly, to be in control against the away team which clearly came at the Bridge to grab the draw, moreover a team which was reduced to 10 men on the pitch... It isn't really a feat to be in control against such a team. I would rather say that it would be worrying if we weren't in control. Finally, to be in control means fuck all if you are unable to create clear goal scoring opportunities. I do not know if it was the case yesterday, but how many time this season we were dominating in term of ball possession while being unable to make a dangerous action ? My point here is that we shouldn't be satisfied by the ball possession if there's nothing concrete behind it. Once agin I speak in general.

Agree about the media part.So many times this season both Man U and City have struggled against 'small teams' and scraped a 1-0 win.They get praised for their 'champions' way or whatever.Whereas no doubt our win be seen as 'crisis' still or whatever they come up with