Birmingham v Chelsea

If it's the same old shit I'll be so pissed. It's all over now, we're not getting 4th place and might not get 5th. Just play a youthful team and meh, we'll lose with pride.

so he leaves out the older players ...??????

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope Di Matteo offers some good ideas and decides to "go for broke". I have no faith what so ever in the team that we constantly see performing like shite.

------------Cech-----------

Iva - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

-----------Essien------------

Ramires - Mata - Lampard

----Sturridge - Lukaku------

I would be delighted if I saw that formation and lineup. It's time to mix things up and try new ideas. Drop the frigin 4-3-3 and realize that we aint got any wingers. Give sturridge some CF matches or try something like the striker partnership like above.

I would be delighted if I saw that formation and lineup. It's time to mix things up and try new ideas. Drop the frigin 4-3-3 and realize that we aint got any wingers. Give sturridge some CF matches or try something like the striker partnership like above.

Yup, I'll be most interested to see how he uses Sturridge. Will he keep him on the wing, or give him a chance as a CF. I'm inclined to think it's the former, but a welcomed surprise if it's the latter.

We know that Robbo (to make sure the old guard turn on him aswell) will play every match with a 4-3-3 with Terry, Lampard and Drogba as the core, no matter how bad they play (although I wexepect they will improve now that tey have finally got rid of AVB)

Cech

Hutch - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Essien - Romeu

Ramires - Mata - Piazon

Sturridge

you guys likey?

I would only switch to 4-4-2, dropped Essien and used Lukaku in partnership with Sturridge, c'mon it's 'only' Birmingham, we do not need two DMs.

I am pretty sure we will beat birmingham because it is birmingham and usually with a new manager a team will be excited and start playing well for a couple games

Poor reasoning.

Because it is Birmingham? It's gone to a replay for a reason.

Secondly, new managers need time to adapt. RDM won't suddenly change things - he's got the same squad as AVB.

I don't know how Di Matteo manages as I, admittedly, didn't pay attention to him at West Brom. Can anyone fill me in?

He managed to get them to premier league, while playing attractive offensive football. He kept that style of football also in PL, but somewhere in the middle of the season they had little crisis and Hodgson was knocing on the doors, so he was sacked. He have made amazing work there.

He was also very good in MK Dons, where he was beaten in play-off by Scunthorpe.

edit: He got manager of the month award in September 2011