95 members have voted

1. 1. will we finish top 4

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 'fear' is that we somehow pull it out the bag and end up with the same players this time next season. We need a squad overhaul and no message hits home sooner than a lack of UCL football. Plus I don't think we'd do too badly in the Europa League - we'd probably actually go on and win it.

Agree with this sometimes a shock , kicks people up the arse.

With the way things are turning, it could be either or, at this moment of time - i see us played Europa football, unless in some form or another some wizard's magic is on our side and we win the Champions League. There is heart from our players when it really REALLY matters, but seems to be inconsistent enough to ensure some kind of form. Then again, i am only speculating - maybe some Wizard's magic might happen, but as things stand, we aren't going in the right direction in the two way spectrum.

As for the team, hopefully if we do fail (IF being thee important word there) to qualify for CL, then the manager will be forced to test the waters with the youth, or something among those lines. We need an overhaul, but it would be the grand oppertunity for some youth to finally dip there toes into the Chelsea first team pond. Lukaku has scored a large amount of reserve goals and is way too experienced for reserve games, playing against European teams that don't have the same power as Barcalona might give them more chances.

I just can't see it happening. We have to face two direct rivals away from home (and we won't win either), and it will be tough going to beat Newcastle.

Yeah exactly and we've got teams who'll be facing the drop.None of our fixtures are easy espically at this stage..be peed off it we let 5th go though!!

anyone else feel we have a better chance winning the champions league this season than qualifying for it next season?

Getting there, but no, not quite yet. We have to pick it up in the league, starting with AVL this weekend.

Anything but 3 points would be a massive failure.

anyone else feel we have a better chance winning the champions league this season than qualifying for it next season?

Nope. Spurs failing and us succeeding at the end is more realistic to me than beating Barcelona/Milan and whoever would come after that. I'm not celebrating Benfica just yet either, we didn't play well and a similar performance at home could just as well end up with Benfica edging it. The league situation could change drastically very quickly, it would take only 2 rounds for us to overtake them, but everything must go our way starting now. I believe the fight for 4th place will go down to the wire, possibly the last game. Semi-finals will be our peak in CL if we beat Benfica.

I actually don't look forward to PL games any more. i don't think we will beat Villa , as BL has said they are one of our bogey teams and now that i live in the Midlands it makes it much worse. i think we should also be wary of Newcastle who are breathing down our necks once again.

On finishing in the Top 4, Henry Winter posted this on Twitter yesterday:

Henry Winter@henrywinter

BIG IF but IF #cfc win CL & finish 5th or 6th, they get 4th PL spot in CL. Seeded into group stage so PL 3rd (prob #afc) must pre-qualify

IF that happens, it would be worthy to see Wenger and Redknapp being absolutely pissed! :lol:

I for one have not given up on finishing in the top 4.

If we beat Arse and keep winning when (they likely will) they lose to City, we are only 2 points back of them. That's less than one result difference in the other 6 remaining games, all of which are against weaker sides, bar Liverpool (who are struggling).

Quoting myself from the other thread.

The underlined has just happened this weekend. We got the W, Arse pick up an L. We are now just 5 points back of Arsenal. IF City can do as they are supposed to and get the win against Arse, and we hold serve, there is only a two point difference.

Since we play Arse, our destiny will likely be in our own hands then. Win that game and we're up a point, hello CL money!

Tottenham has a very easy run-in. They could falter, but Arse has been the target all along.

Its hard to look at a team and think yep thats a definate 3 pointer cause never works out that way...Just gotta keep going,keep picking up the points ourselves not relying on other teams and hope for the best.Personally dont think we can cause our fixtures are pretty all horrible and even if Spurs do drop points and there is an advantage to be taken we seem to just throw away them.

Be bloody shocked if we do manage 4th!