I'm worried about 4th place

Chelsea?

will we finish top 4  

95 members have voted

1. 1. will we finish top 4

• Yes
    • No

City signed the likes of Silva, Dzeko, Kompany and many more while playing in Europa league. My point is: If we can convince a player that we have an important project going on and that we will be playing CL the following season, I see no reason why any player won't sign for us.

It will also depend on who our next manager will be IMO.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City signed the likes of Silva, Dzeko, Kompany and many more while playing in Europa league. My point is: If we can convince a player that we have an important project going on and that we will be playing CL the following season, I see no reason why any player won't sign for us.

City also have millions the likes of which even Roman can't compete with. People like Kompany and Dzeko had already won a couple of trophies in their careers and were probably looking for a fat paycheck. You may be onto something with Silva though.

Brain fart on my part, should have specified that Drogba is a stubborn git who won't accept the 1 year deal so we'll have to free transfer him. :blush:

We should definitely let him go. Need to break up this old guard thing and his best performances are already few and far between. No point keeping him any longer. He's already 34 as well.

City also have millions the likes of which even Roman can't compete with. People like Kompany and Dzeko had already won a couple of trophies in their careers and were probably looking for a fat paycheck. You may be onto something with Silva though.

I think that Roman is more than capable of paying the 27m that Dzeko cost and Garry cahil actually cost more than Kompany (7m opposed to 6m). And Dzeko had only one Bundes Liga while Kompany won nothing with Hamburg (won 2 Belgian leagues with Anderlecht though), not exactly the silverware that would satisfy any player, imo. They weren't even headed towards the end of their career either. I think they realized that the potential successes that City will have over the next few years and wanted to be part of it. I think many players will see that at chelsea as well.

We cannot afford to miss out on the UCL. Looks like we're going to have to win it!

Thankfully Spurs are in free-fall at the minute, I actually think they're most at risk of falling out of the top 4!

Teams always have a bad run till they come against us...remember few seasons back Spurs only had a point for about a month which they'd gotten of us..win on Sat all be good.Loose then Spurs no doubt go skipping back to form and god knows whats going on with Arsenal dont like it though lol

How fantastic it would be if we finished 5th, Spurs 4th and we won the Champions League, meaning Tottenham would be out of the competition lol. Unfortunately, it is not really likely to happen, especially the CL part :D