95 members have voted

1. 1. will we finish top 4

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think it's more of hope than anything else at this point. IF we can win our remaining 10 games, then we will finish in the Top 4. But that is unlikely to happen. So, it will all depends on us winning as many games as possible and hope Tottenham and/or Arsenal both stumble along the way. Our cause are of course not help by our remaining away games especially. City away tonight and then Villa, Fulham, Arsenal and Liverpool. All very tough in their own way.

Our recent away form is what probably will cost us a place in the Top 4. Just 1 win from the last 8 PL away games. We used to be very strong in away matches in recent years but now, we're nothing but poor travellers. Embarrasing really.

I dont think we would end up in the top 4 because we dont have the quality. And somewhere inside me doesnt want us to finish in the top 4 because that would serve a big reality check to everyone at the club right from the top to the bottom. And maybe the old guard would be disposed to be replace by the young guns. It is like we are trying to do a United!

I dont think we would end up in the top 4 because we dont have the quality. And somewhere inside me doesnt want us to finish in the top 4 because that would serve a big reality check to everyone at the club right from the top to the bottom. And maybe the old guard would be disposed to be replace by the young guns. It is like we are trying to do a United!

Agree with that. Finishing in the Top 4 would just paper over the cracks. Roman and the board have to realize that our squad needs a massive overhaul!

hope we still get 4thh place but not worried if we dont.

what is my great concern is how we approach next season.

NOW we must trust the young players. They are the only way forward, Our "golden generation" is over . I would keep only Terry,

Sorry but Essien ,Lampard ,Drogba Malouda should move on . Ashley has a year left while we bring back PVA to join Ryan.

The New leaders must be Luiz IVO Cahill Ramires Mata ,Torres ....Time to bring back Kakuta and KDB ...,,and Lukak

Next season we will suffer again as a young team gains experience,,sorry but an extra years suffering is the price of 5 years poor planning

and mismanagement. The wage bill will come down and we will have a team young and hungry for success.

AND please make ANY new signings players in the age bracket 22- 25

Drogba is worth retaining, Ashley Cole isn't. We need to get rid of the one time best left back in the world while we still can, his name still resonates in certain quarters and we could well make 10-15m pounds off him. If we keep him until next year we might only get a fraction of that.

This has to be the foundation of our squad; Cech, Thibaut, Luiz, ,Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic,van Aanholt, Bertrand, Mikel, Romeu, McEachran, Ramires, Mata, De Bruyne, Sturridge, Torres and Lukaku. The rest of the non-old guard players can either be used as peripherals or be sold.

We need to sell about 12 players in the summer, if we can earn on average around the 8 million mark we can have 100 million pounds waiting to be reinvested plus the usual 30-40 million Roman gives us every season. With that 140 million we can buy 5 or 6 quality youngsters, promote some reserves and start building for the future. It's going to get worse before it gets better, I think it'll be after the Brazil World Cup that we see Chelsea reemerge as one of the great powerhouses of European football.

We should be looking to sell Bosingwa, Malouda, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Cole, Benayoun, Bruma, Meireles, Turnbull, Ferreira, Kakuta, and Drogba or Sturridge.

I am now convinced that we will not make 4th place. We blew our chances during the dec-Jan period. But as zolayes so wisely said, it's not a big deal. One year away from the CL is not the end of the world, imo, even with FFP rules. Having to cut down our wage bill might will force us to do what we should have done two years ago.

Don't see much sense in the argument that we can't get any players in the summer if we don't make 4th place. Juve the like of Del Piero and Camoranesi and Buffon etc...when they played in the second division because all those players believed that in a couple of years Juve will back in the CL and competing for titles.

I am now convinced that we will not make 4th place. We blew our chances during the dec-Jan period. But as zolayes so wisely said, it's not a big deal. One year away from the CL is not the end of the world, imo, even with FFP rules. Having to cut down our wage bill might will force us to do what we should have done two years ago.

Don't see much sense in the argument that we can't get any players in the summer if we don't make 4th place. Juve the like of Del Piero and Camoranesi and Buffon etc...when they played in the second division because all those players believed that in a couple of years Juve will back in the CL and competing for titles.

That's because they were all Italian and loved Juventus. The likes of Ibrahimovic and Vieira left straightaway because they had no connection with the club and therefore no reason to stay, and Juventus were only able to sign wank like Amauri for years after. A South American, German or Spanish talent isn't going to sign for Chelsea unless we can at the least offer them way more money than the two Spanish clubs. Even that may not be enough if we can't give them UCL football. And as for the Germans, forget it. They love their country and see every other league as inherently weaker, and I have to agree with them, for me, the Bundesliga is the best league in the world.

I've resigned to the distinct possibility that we won't finish 4th. While this is, of course, a bad thing for the club, it is not catastrophic in any way, shape, or form. I think it is far more damaging to the egos and sense of entitlement of some of the fans than the club and its future prospects of success.

Drogba is worth retaining, Ashley Cole isn't. We need to get rid of the one time best left back in the world while we still can, his name still resonates in certain quarters and we could well make 10-15m pounds off him. If we keep him until next year we might only get a fraction of that.

We should be looking to sell Bosingwa, Malouda, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Cole, Benayoun, Bruma, Meireles, Turnbull, Ferreira, Kakuta, and Drogba or Sturridge.

Erm, what??

That's because they were all Italian and loved Juventus. The likes of Ibrahimovic and Vieira left straightaway because they had no connection with the club and therefore no reason to stay, and Juventus were only able to sign wank like Amauri for years after. A South American, German or Spanish talent isn't going to sign for Chelsea unless we can at the least offer them way more money than the two Spanish clubs. Even that may not be enough if we can't give them UCL football. And as for the Germans, forget it. They love their country and see every other league as inherently weaker, and I have to agree with them, for me, the Bundesliga is the best league in the world.

City signed the likes of Silva, Dzeko, Kompany and many more while playing in Europa league. My point is: If we can convince a player that we have an important project going on and that we will be playing CL the following season, I see no reason why any player won't sign for us.