Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

Some Slovenian newspapers are reporting that there was mutiny in dressing room before clash against Napoli. Few players (Lampard, Essien & Cole) complained about Boas' system and tactics. The loudest one - Ashley Cole - even said to Boas that he "came to Chelsea to win the trophies and he believes that with Boas' approach and tactics club won't win any trophy". Players also complained that Boas doesn't leave them freedom on the pitch and that they have to play by his strict rules. Boas left all three players on the bench after that and made few players in starting line up unhappy, too.

Read more:

http://tinyurl.com/7tdzqvx

http://tinyurl.com/726guyu

On the other hand AVB said this:

AVB: 'We had a conversation with Ash & Frank. With the experience they have, they felt they could help, which is understandable.' #CFC (SL)

AVB on Lamps omission: 'It's a technical decision, based on 2 sitting midfielders. Lamps can do it but it's the decision we took.' #CFC (SL)

AVB on Lampard & Cole: 'We had a conversation ... they felt they should have been in the team'

In Italy the touchline reporters were saying players largely ignored AVB's instructions as game drew to a close...

My opinion:

The behavior of Lampard and Cole is unprofesional. The coach knows who to start and no one has permanent/guranteed place and no one was bought into Chelsea squad to warm the bench and watch Lampard and Cole. Their lack of commitment will pay their price in summer, they have over stayed at Bridge its time to find new blood into the team who will respect coach desicions and derver. Fully behind AVB!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Slovenian newspapers are reporting that there was mutiny in dressing room before clash against Napoli. Few players (Lampard, Essien & Cole) complained about Boas' system and tactics. The loudest one - Ashley Cole - even said to Boas that he "came to Chelsea to win the trophies and he believes that with Boas' approach and tactics club won't win any trophy". Players also complained that Boas doesn't leave them freedom on the pitch and that they have to play by his strict rules. Boas left all three players on the bench after that and made few players in starting line up unhappy, too.

Read more:

AVB: 'We had a conversation with Ash & Frank. With the experience they have, they felt they could help, which is understandable.' #CFC (SL)

AVB on Lamps omission: 'It's a technical decision, based on 2 sitting midfielders. Lamps can do it but it's the decision we took.' #CFC (SL)

AVB on Lampard & Cole: 'We had a conversation ... they felt they should have been in the team'

In Italy the touchline reporters were saying players largely ignored AVB's instructions as game drew to a close...

My opinion:

The behavior of Lampard and Cole is unprofesional. The coach knows who to start and no one has permanent/guranteed place and no one was bought into Chelsea squad to warm the bench and watch Lampard and Cole. Their lack of commitment will pay their price in summer, they have over stayed at Bridge its time to find new blood into the team who will respect coach desicions and derver. Fully behind AVB!

Ash better improve his performance rather then tire out his mind with our tactics and Lamps better play well enough to earn a place in starting 11 instead of asking to play.

Rather disappointing...

Read more:

My opinion:

Read more:

My opinion:

Few more links:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-admits-row-with-Frank-Lampard-and-Ashley-Cole-over-Napoli-team-selection-article868440.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7537097/

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2619305,00.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/02/21/2920759/cech-refuses-to-blame-villas-boas-for-chelsea-defeat-to

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/02/22/2921357/chelsea-manager-andre-villas-boas-admits-frank-lampard-and

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7537325/

Guys...but....we're not able to understand who were player disappointing AVB....

Lampard? Drogba?

All players from "Mourinho era" seem to disrespect Boas. Andre wants to buy younger players for the future and old players are afraid for their asses, because they know they don't deserve to play for Chelsea anymore. The loudest ones are: Lampard, Cole, Drogba, Essien & maybe even Terry. All these players are legends, but they must understand none player is above the club.

All players from "Mourinho era" seem to disrespect Boas. Andre wants to buy younger players for the future and old players are afraid for their asses, because they know they don't deserve to play for Chelsea anymore. The loudest ones are: Lampard, Cole, Drogba, Essien & maybe even Terry. All these players are legends, but they must understand none player is above the club.

I doubt Essien is there. AVB gave him a rather fair treatment and counted on him a lot even when he was months away from recovery. He is a great guy also.

I know all of you will start attacking me after this but what really gets me is drogba, i have loved him for so many years but i think he just hasnt gotten over the sacking of mourihno. I was really dissapionted by his preformance and i know torres has often been very poor this season but i would have started him or at least bring him on when we were loosing. He has created many chances and we could of used that instead of essien! I dont blame AVB for the teams preformence because the team is really lacking creativity and spirit BUT i blame him for not seeing this in the summer and reacting!

This season just shows me that changes have to be made even if we have to get rid of players that have been heros for us for the last couple of seasons!

And please dont play bosignwa,mereiles and malouda although malouda had a okay game yesterday! And if lampard is sulcking dont bother playing him either... We could really give players like bertrand,hutch,piazon and lukaku more chances the season is messed up already!!!

Another question: why Abramovich don't kick off ABV if he's putting at risk your season?

I know all of you will start attacking me after this but what really gets me is drogba, i have loved him for so many years but i think he just hasnt gotten over the sacking of mourihno. I was really dissapionted by his preformance and i know torres has often been very poor this season but i would have started him or at least bring him on when we were loosing. He has created many chances and we could of used that instead of essien! I dont blame AVB for the teams preformence because the team is really lacking creativity and spirit BUT i blame him for not seeing this in the summer and reacting!

This season just shows me that changes have to be made even if we have to get rid of players that have been heros for us for the last couple of seasons!

And please dont play bosignwa,mereiles and malouda although malouda had a okay game yesterday! And if lampard is sulcking dont bother playing him either... We could really give players like bertrand,hutch,piazon and lukaku more chances the season is messed up already!!!

I suppose Drog lose his ability only because is becoming old...but he's still a beast! yesterday he dragged off ball throwing in the air 3 neaple's player....unbelievable!

Another question: why Abramovich don't kick off ABV if he's putting at risk your season?

And bring who? Only Benitez and Mcarthy are available :ph34r:

We would have to pay also a lot of money in order to sack him and our recent results could be down to our players and less to him. All Chelsea fans are wondering who will be our manager next season. Will AVB stay or who will we appoint. Honestly, I would like Andre to stay what he done with Porto isn't done unless you really know what you are doing and because he is the most talented manager in the world. I love his attitude and philosophy.

Actually, I thought DD is the only one along our usually performers who rocked his ass of. He ran like crazy and battled through. I almost gave him a MOTM vote. Besides, Torres hasn't deserved to start with his performances and DD almost captained Ivory Coast to a title.

I think the time has come for Villas-Boas to be a bit pragmatic. Suck up to the legends, ally yourself with them at every possible opportunity, then get rid of them as soon as they expire their political usefulness, all whilst building a cult of personality akin to Mourinho's, a la Stalin with the similarly vicious left and right wings of the old Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

I suppose Drog lose his ability only because is becoming old...but he's still a beast! yesterday he dragged off ball throwing in the air 3 neaple's player....unbelievable!

He is still strong physically, but I don't think he has the motivation to play well regularly. When he plays for Côte d'Ivoire, he plays much better because he still wants to win something with his country.

Our season in Premier League is already over, we're fighting for 4th place to play in Champions Leauge. Therefore, only FA Cup and Champions League stays there. We played 1-1 with Birmingham in FA Cup and we are almost out of Champions League, due to you guys. :angry:

I believe Abramovich will keep AVB in the club, because everyone thinks that Chelsea spends a lot of money and we kick our coaches, if they doesn't win anything. That's not good thing to think when you hear about Chelsea. Also, team is very old and we are in transition (replacing older players with older ones) and Abramovich believes that Boas is right man for this job. Also, there aren't any coaches there. Hiddink went to Anzhi, Mourinho won't go and we don't want Benitez.

And bring who? Only Benitez and Mcarthy are available :ph34r:

We would have to pay also a lot of money in order to sack him and our recent results could be down to our players and less to him. All Chelsea fans are wondering who will be our manager next season. Will AVB stay or who will we appoint. Honestly, I would like Andre to stay what he done with Porto isn't done unless you really know what you are doing and because he is the most talented manager in the world. I love his attitude and philosophy.

Actually, I thought DD is the only one along our usually performers who rocked his ass of. He ran like crazy and battled through. I almost gave him a MOTM vote. Besides, Torres hasn't deserved to start with his performances and DD almost captained Ivory Coast to a title.

Yes....but....in my opinion in this way Chelsea will lose all season's target...

We have the same problem, we're disappointing our coach because he's taking bad decisions....so we completely understand you!