Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it? Are they Napoli and Chelsea fans? Thought this was a Chelsea support forum?

we have a Sunderland fan who comes on for their games ,,he is a decent bloke takes a joke and knows his football ,,,therefore he is welcome

here ,,,seems the Napoli fans are the same so personally I would welcome them here.

I like the fact that people who support different teams come here, it's nice and refreshing.

I like the fact that people who support different teams come here, it's nice and refreshing.

I agree, I enjoy the different perspective on the game. I don't like those types of people who act funny around people who just happen to support a different team its just stupid. You have to have an open mind to different opinions !

Considering what I expected, I was genuinely pleased.

I mean, yeah it's bad in the terms of the fact it's 3-1 and that getting 2-0 at the Bridge isn't an easy feat by any means. But we played well! Like I thought it would be wave upon wave of Napoli attack but we saw a game where as the commentary said 'it could be 4 or 5-1 to Chelsea if they played their cards right'. We were granted a lot of space and created our chances well.

The goal was a thing of luck but it's significant as the magical 'away goal'. We kept creating, and quality in the middle prevented us creating a few more. On another night it would've been us walking off at 3-1. We played well, some passes were misplaced but mostly they were good, player movement was excellent. The 2 in the middle were very important, they were sloppy sometimes, but they were good.

I imagined quite a bit of doom and gloom, but I don't think we did near as bad as people think.

I imagined quite a bit of doom and gloom, but I don't think we did near as bad as people think.

Actually that is what is frustrating me the most. We had just as much chance as Napoli and much more possession. We dealt great with the match especially tactics-wise but the inability of our players to find the final pass or find a proper finish is very annoying because we should've got a draw at the very least.

Actually that is what is frustrating me the most. We had just as much chance as Napoli and much more possession. We dealt great with the match especially tactics-wise but the inability of our players to find the final pass or find a proper finish is very annoying because we should've got a draw at the very least.

Yeah we didnt play mega mega shite.Not great but in comparsion to other performances..Everton and all...just dodgy moments that cost us.

Back home after two tiresome days. We left yesterday morning at 6 to take the 9.30 flight from Brussels to Milan and the 1.10 flight from Milan to Naples.

Immediately took a cab to the hotel, which was located 500 meters from the stadium.

Left our stuff behind in the hotel room and went to take some pictures of the stadium. I was surprised to see that there were already hundreds of people waiting to enter the stadium, while kick-off was still 5 hours away...

We wanted to walk around the whole stadium to get to the away end, when we couldn't get through anymore. A steward was surprised we got there unharmed, when we told him we walked around the whole stadium :) He said we were totally crazy doing that.

I even went into the Napoli store to buy the official matchday scarf. I actually never felt threatened except just outside the hotel when we saw around 30 "casuals" staring at us.

They advised us to stay close to the away end, so we got inside the ground at 5.30, time enough to hang our flag :)

About the game:

I really think we could have got more out of this.

Yes, Napoli had its chances, but we had ours as well. I was surprised about our level of play at the beginning of the second half.

Napoli was nowhere at that time. A real shame we got the 3-1 that quick, because 2-2 was way more closer.

I feel we are still in this one, will be there at the Bridge and I hope we'll make it.

The atmosphere was stunning, I made a video of the players entering the pitch:

We were lucky to get home today, they cancelled our flight and rebooked us to an earlier one, without letting us know...

Luckily they were kind enough to rebook us to a flight of another company!

Napoli's defense is their to be scored against. We need to find some structure and get our defense to a Chelsea standard. Yesterday was such a enigmatic game. The defenses of both teams led every attack to look threatening. Their attackers are just better and it showed in the scoreline. But honestly, I do think we are still very much in this game. Surprisingly we dominated for so many periods in that game and got open by a mistake which we can't afford to make against an attacking caliber of Napolis. At home, in the bridge, we have a chance. People need to stop talking about this as a if its a post-mortem thread. We weren't murdered, really we weren't!

We did it against Valencia so we can do it against Napoli. KTBFFH!