Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

There shouldn't be any feeling of regret. We all knew how brilliant he was. Only Mou didn't see it.

No actually he did see it, we all did.

This weren't like Matic were we let him go blindly, Mou acknowledged the guys a really good player, but what could we have done? he is at his best as the main man, with Eden around he wasn't getting that role anytime soon.

He is half the player when he is merely a support player, if he stayed that's exactly what he would have been, it would have been selfish of us to do that, so we sold him and let him spread his wings so to speak.

Im happy he's doing well however for as long as Hazard is still on our payroll, I won't be annoyed about him doing it elsewhere.

Grass is always greener and more potent on the otherside. If he had stayed at Chelsea there is an equal chance he may have been absolutely terrible.

I know. But still, it only needs a little tweak in the context of Chelsea to also instill confidence in our (new) players. I said this when Mou arrived: his approach in handling players is special and his tactical handling is quite directive. It tends to favour the experienced/robust. I would adore Mou bringing up some of our youth/new younger players. Make them grow.

Ps: I love how KDB has punched through now though.

I know. But still, it only needs a little tweak in the context of Chelsea to also instill confidence in our (new) players. I said this when Mou arrived: his approach in handling players is special and his tactical handling is quite directive. It tends to favour the experienced/robust. I would adore Mou bringing up some of our youth/new younger players. Make them grow.

Ps: I love how KDB has punched through now though.

As things stand, De Bruyne would be a godsend on either wing. His offensive abilites far outstrip Ramires, Oscar and Willian. Coincidently three Brazilians; a nationality famed for it's flair and attacking nous. Shame that those three tend to fall under the grafting and grinding archetype. Now grinders are useful at times, but they aren't the type of players that necessarily turn the tides of a game and produce game winning moments. Sure all three have done that in the past but not at a consistent level that would make them reliable. They'd be better as hockey players...40 seconds shifts of explosive energy.

Oscar is by far the most frustrating. He has shown glimpses of otherworldy ability. His performances against Juventus speak louder than words but I can't remember a recent performance worthy of such praise.

As things stand, De Bruyne would be a godsend on either wing. His offensive abilites far outstrip Ramires, Oscar and Willian. Coincidently three Brazilians; a nationality famed for it's flair and attacking nous. Shame that those three tend to fall under the grafting and grinding archetype. Now grinders are useful at times, but they aren't the type of players that necessarily turn the tides of a game and produce game winning moments. Sure all three have done that in the past but not at a consistent level that would make them reliable. They'd be better as hockey players...40 seconds shifts of explosive energy.

Oscar is by far the most frustrating. He has shown glimpses of otherworldy ability. His performances against Juventus speak louder than words but I can't remember a recent performance worthy of such praise.

I agree 100% Jake. But it remains a question:

Is our archetype wrong - maybe with a mismatch by our player assembly (i do tend to think our mental make-up as a team isn't quite there yet) ?

Then it is a Mou issue. I want him to be a transformational leader - the kind of manager that changed and bettered players. Its crazy, but i'm not there yet with Mourinho.

So, what do .....

what-do-you-want.jpg

I agree 100% Jake. But it remains a question:

Is our archetype wrong - maybe with a mismatch by our player assembly (i do tend to think our mental make-up as a team isn't quite there yet) ?

Then it is a Mou issue. I want him to be a transformational leader - the kind of manager that changed and bettered players. Its crazy, but i'm not there yet with Mourinho.

So, what do .....

what-do-you-want.jpg

you will be better when you get a BLUE HAT

We reaaaaaally should have kept him ..... Crap.

Even thought there's some thing I don't agree with Mourinho I thought and still think that the sell was the right thing at that time.

However I would think that our club would be smart enough to include a buy back or even a first buyer refusal clause in there.

Now that was sheer stupidity from the club as a whole!

Sturridge and no buy back clause on KDB has been the two biggest stupid mistakes of the club in a long time.

Just did what he is doing the entire season. Inter was 0-1 in front, then he took his team by the hand with 2 goals and an assist. 3-1. It starts to feel like normal, but it's just sick again.

I am so happy to see him do well ... perhaps one day we will re sign him

Mata had even better stats when playing in the PL for us. Look where he is now.

Not saying the same is going to happen with KDB. But he's gone now, wish him luck and support current Chelsea players.

Lukaku also scored some crazy amount of goals for everton and west brom and look where he is now.

I personally like KDB as a player, but to think his stats at wolfsburg would translate over to chelsea is a complete ridiculous idea. Even in belgium, KDB flourished and Eden was invisible. What makes you think that those 2 can work well together?

KDB needs to be the man, like Mata, however, at chelsea he was never going to be that player because the man is another belgium player.

Lukaku also scored some crazy amount of goals for everton and west brom and look where he is now.

Actually, as of yesterday, Lukaku scored as many goals as he did last year. 16 in total. Ok, not that many in the PL, but still.

He won the last three European matches for his team and I think they have an actual chance of winning it.

He's not as good as he was last season, but he didn't do as bad as everybody thinks he did. The whole team is a bit less this year.

Grass is always greener and more potent on the otherside. If he had stayed at Chelsea there is an equal chance he may have been absolutely terrible.

If he was at Chelsea, he'll probably be defending and we'll all complain of his lack of ability :lol: