Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

The overhyping of KDB by belgians and belgium media is getting more and more annoying even for me, can only imagine what it must be like for others

The Belgians that think that every Belgian player is overhyped and that are cursing at the Belgians that believe in their players, annoy me too. If you are fed up with the Belgian people and the Belgian media praising KDB, don't read the German media, cause they write exactly the same. 39 games, 15 goals and 22 assists this season. Probably will break the all time assist record of the Bundesliga. Not that bad for an AM in the Bundesliga.

No actually he did see it, we all did.

This weren't like Matic were we let him go blindly, Mou acknowledged the guys a really good player, but what could we have done? he is at his best as the main man, with Eden around he wasn't getting that role anytime soon.

He is half the player when he is merely a support player, if he stayed that's exactly what he would have been, it would have been selfish of us to do that, so we sold him and let him spread his wings so to speak.

Im happy he's doing well however for as long as Hazard is still on our payroll, I won't be annoyed about him doing it elsewhere.

This.

I still believe unless we made him the new Mata, he wouldn't have even half of those numbers here because that's how he operates. Either he's the main man and the game goes around him or he doesn't play like this (it seems more a motivation/vanity thing rather than a technical limitation).

So had he stayed - he'd be sulking (that's a guarantee) unless he took Hazard's place in the team and would have the odd start. He's technically better than all our AM's except Hazard, but I've always felt he doesn't handle a few things. Look the WC, for example... look the situation here where he had to fight for his spot like any other player, look at some of the things he's said ever since he left.

If he comes back, I'm not sure he'll be the player he's for Wolfsburg and if he goes to Manchester United he'll destroy his career the same way Mata did. In a team where there are many stars, many talented players, it seems like the 'competition' overshadows his production and end product. In a lot of ways he seems a lot like Lukaku - except he's smarter, talks ways less and imo he has the technical tools to back up what he thinks of himself, but I have little doubts he doesn't think of himself as some world class star. Which right now he is at Wolfsburg - where he should stay. I think the highest he should aim now is Dortmund. If he goes to a team packed with stars, I think he won't produce to his full potential.

I'm happy for him because I really like the kid, I feel that it didn't work here, but I still believe it wouldn't... Of course, this is a supposition, just like everyone else's that it would. Fact is when he had 6 months to prove something here, he did very little with the admittedly few chances, pissed off the manager with bad training and attitude, and then asked to leave. I'm all for Chelsea swallowing their pride and re-signing a player they let go for much more money than they got. I supported Matic re-sign even before the first rumor. I'm not convinced re-signing Kevin is good for Chelsea and I'm even more inclined to believe that coming back to Chelsea (or going to United) isn't good for Kevin at all.

Either way, I wish him the best. I'd be a shame to watch happen to him the same that happened to Mata. But I must add, the same way I think Kevin is much better than Lukaku could ever dream, I also believe Kevin is (or at least has the potential to be) a much better player than Mata because he has a few tools in his box that Mata doesn't - some of which doesn't even depend on them, they're natural attributes).

And yeah, I'm quite aware this isn't a popular opinion at all, but that's my opinion about Kevin as a player, his past and future with us and how he'd do in a big team with a lot of big names.

The Belgians that think that every Belgian player is overhyped and that are cursing at the Belgians that believe in their players, annoy me too. If you are fed up with the Belgian people and the Belgian media praising KDB, don't read the German media, cause they write exactly the same. 39 games, 15 goals and 22 assists this season. Probably will break the all time assist record of the Bundesliga. Not that bad for an AM in the Bundesliga.

Responded to by the most biased poster toward belgians on this forum, didn't see that one coming B)

This.

I still believe unless we made him the new Mata, he wouldn't have even half of those numbers here because that's how he operates. Either he's the main man and the game goes around him or he doesn't play like this (it seems more a motivation/vanity thing rather than a technical limitation).

So had he stayed - he'd be sulking (that's a guarantee) unless he took Hazard's place in the team and would have the odd start. He's technically better than all our AM's except Hazard, but I've always felt he doesn't handle a few things. Look the WC, for example... look the situation here where he had to fight for his spot like any other player, look at some of the things he's said ever since he left.

If he comes back, I'm not sure he'll be the player he's for Wolfsburg and if he goes to Manchester United he'll destroy his career the same way Mata did. In a team where there are many stars, many talented players, it seems like the 'competition' overshadows his production and end product. In a lot of ways he seems a lot like Lukaku - except he's smarter, talks ways less and imo he has the technical tools to back up what he thinks of himself, but I have little doubts he doesn't think of himself as some world class star. Which right now he is at Wolfsburg - where he should stay. I think the highest he should aim now is Dortmund. If he goes to a team packed with stars, I think he won't produce to his full potential.

I'm happy for him because I really like the kid, I feel that it didn't work here, but I still believe it wouldn't... Of course, this is a supposition, just like everyone else's that it would. Fact is when he had 6 months to prove something here, he did very little with the admittedly few chances, pissed off the manager with bad training and attitude, and then asked to leave. I'm all for Chelsea swallowing their pride and re-signing a player they let go for much more money than they got. I supported Matic re-sign even before the first rumor. I'm not convinced re-signing Kevin is good for Chelsea and I'm even more inclined to believe that coming back to Chelsea (or going to United) isn't good for Kevin at all.

Either way, I wish him the best. I'd be a shame to watch happen to him the same that happened to Mata. But I must add, the same way I think Kevin is much better than Lukaku could ever dream, I also believe Kevin is (or at least has the potential to be) a much better player than Mata because he has a few tools in his box that Mata doesn't - some of which doesn't even depend on them, they're natural attributes).

And yeah, I'm quite aware this isn't a popular opinion at all, but that's my opinion about Kevin as a player, his past and future with us and how he'd do in a big team with a lot of big names.

good post.

I don't think KDB would be as good as he is right now statiscally on a big team. He would be really foolish to go to either manchester clubs and even tottenham he would not be a fit in the new looked spurs.

One team in the epl that he is ideal for is liverpool and that is the only team I can see him doing well in epl wise, that is considered a top team.