Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He interviews like Paul Scholes...

If he plays ANYTHING like Paul Scholes this season I will be delighted :)

I can't believe he's getting stick for not pissing around ? He's a professional and we need that calmness...

I really like this guy and can't wait for him to do big things this season!

“We had a difficult season with a lot of really young players who had almost no experience in the league, so it's very difficult, but I felt I had a good season and played a lot of minutes, and also with the national team which was very important for me,” De Bruyne told the Chelsea's official website.

“I think I managed to have a good year and managed not to have my own injuries, so I was very happy.

“The Bundesliga is a strong competition. You can compare it to the Premier League, which is probably more physical, it's a lot of running, but every team tries to play good football and always goes for the win.”

De Bruyne followed Chelsea's performances last season closely and, having returned to Stamford Bridge, is looking forward to showing what he can do in a blue shirt.

“I managed to see the results, and some games, but not many because my own schedule was full,” the former Genk winger added.

“I spoke to people from the club regularly, and they came to watch games in Bremen, while I also talked to Eden Hazard in the national team also.

“It feels great to be back here now. I drove back from Belgium with Romelu Lukaku, through the channel tunnel. It's not that far and we enjoyed the trip.

“I had a good vacation after the season and in the end I was looking forward to starting again to get back to the normal life we are used to as footballers.”

Falling asleep on the bus filled with teammates who have photo camera's and nothing else to do... Rookie mistake Kevin rookie mistake... :D

He interviews like Paul Scholes...

If he plays ANYTHING like Paul Scholes this season I will be delighted :)

I can't believe he's getting stick for not pissing around ? He's a professional and we need that calmness...

I really like this guy and can't wait for him to do big things this season!

I hope he can time his tackles better than Scholes. :D the rest of his game and his professionalism was world class tho.

When I heard De Bruyne was transfered to Chelsea, I thought he would never make it, like Lukaku (never had any doubt about Hazard); but he made awesome progress in Werder. I don't think he will be titularized; but he will add a harder working, more powerful option up front than the other players. In a sense, he is more a "Mourinho like" player than the other ones.

Imo his best goal until this far! He pulls this of at age 19 => showes massive confidence if you dare to try this as a rookie!

Tell me, how often do you see that (apart from the akward Japanese League video's sometimes :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcU1lGS3Vo

Imo his best goal until this far! He pulls this of at age 19 => showes massive confidence if you dare to try this as a rookie!

Tell me, how often do you see that (apart from the akward Japanese League video's sometimes :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcU1lGS3Vo

Woooow, and the best notion about that goal is that it could have been against both a weak side or a strong one. Really looking forward to seeing him in action, especially the PL. BTW, can you Belgian guys please tell me how the Flemish and Walloon players communicate together in the NT? It has always made me wonder, I remember seeing that video where Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard, KdB and another guy were watching a match in a hotel room and KdB couldn't apparently understand what the former three were saying in French. :P

Woooow, and the best notion about that goal is that it could have been against both a weak side or a strong one. Really looking forward to seeing him in action, especially the PL. BTW, can you Belgian guys please tell me how the Flemish and Walloon players communicate together in the NT? It has always made me wonder, I remember seeing that video where Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard, KdB and another guy were watching a match in a hotel room and KdB couldn't apparently understand what the former three were saying in French. :P

KdB understands French very well actually. Naingollan, the bald guy, seemed reluctant to speak French though as he essentially spoke Dutch to Lukaku. Flemish players like Dries Mertens and KdB (or even Lukaku) tend to get along very well with French speaking players. The video is kinda representative of Belgium though as you could hear French, Dutch and even Congolese with a bit of English thrown in.

BTW, can you Belgian guys please tell me how the Flemish and Walloon players communicate together in the NT?

(not really on topic, but to answer to your question:)

...in some younger teams, football is used as a method to learn both languages (french & dutch), and to raise respect for both communities... some say football is the only thing that keeps us together... hopefully we'll go to Brazil, that would be a good thing for the country...

The top players: Hazard, Benteke, Witsel, Fellaini.. (native french speaking) and DeBruyne, Vertongen, Dembele, Courtois, Mertens... (native dutch speaking) know each other for years, so communication won't be a problem. Lukaku and Kompany are from Brussels, they're native french speaking but went to dutch schools (if I am good informed), so they are perfect bilingual.

To make it even more difficult: in a small part of Belgium they speak German, but because they're so small, they do not deliver a lot of players.

Probably Chadli is going to Tottenham, Alderweireld isn't going to Norwich, but imo to another PL-team, which means about 75% of the Belgian NT-players are owned/will play by/for English clubs.

Looking forward to 'Match of the day' next season! Would ne nice to go to SB one day, if anyone can tell how/where to buy tickets....?