Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I don't get the fuss about the shirt numbers. I'd understand if it had something to do with marketability (like Ballack and the #13) but in this case there is none of that. The 14 was not even Kevin's number, he only wore it during preseason here. He'd be very silly to make a big deal out of it.

Yep .... I think he wore 6 in WB and 11 in the NT.

Yep .... I think he wore 6 in WB and 11 in the NT.

Exactly, he has no reason to make big deal of this and I'm sure he won't. He seems like a very nice guy.

Very much! Ow mind you .....he has a very outspoken tendency to speak his mind.. He will learn. But some will be mad at him next year on here :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very much! Ow mind you .....he has a very outspoken tendency to speak his mind.. He will learn. But some will be mad at him next year on here :-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I remember his remarks about German people at the start of last season. LOL

Very much! Ow mind you .....he has a very outspoken tendency to speak his mind.. He will learn. But some will be mad at him next year on here :-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I remember his remarks about German people at the start of last season. LOL

We should bookmark this for later!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I doubt it's a big deal at all. KDB only wore it for pre-season and he has no attachment to that number from previous clubs (unless I'm wrong). KDB probably wants Romeu's 6 or Malouda's 15.

I don't get the fuss about the shirt numbers. I'd understand if it had something to do with marketability (like Ballack and the #13) but in this case there is none of that. The 14 was not even Kevin's number, he only wore it during preseason here. He'd be very silly to make a big deal out of it.

14 was his kit number at Genk. Also his Instagram nickname is #kalle14.

I think he's more attached to that number than everyone thinks here!

Do some research boys :readthemessage::D:D

Kevin-De-Bruyne-007.jpg

Kevin+De+Bruyne+KRC+Genk+vs+KAA+Gent+Jup

Kevin-De-Bruyne-007.jpg

Kevin+De+Bruyne+KRC+Genk+vs+KAA+Gent+Jup

well then he must have been promised 6 otherwise i doubt the club would have taken his number

The 14 was not even Kevin's number, he only wore it during preseason here. He'd be very silly to make a big deal out of it.

I'm sure they wouldn't be selling shirts if it wasn't his number:

ba3a2f07569af240b18302b5ded6043a.png

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=de%20bruyne

Still it's not like he has played in this number for years here at Chelsea and it has become associated with him. He's just arrived here, he can have a different number and come to be synonymous with it.

I'm sure they wouldn't be selling shirts if it wasn't his number:

ba3a2f07569af240b18302b5ded6043a.png

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=de%20bruyne

Technically he doesn't have a number: http://www.chelseafc.com/first-team

Still it's not like he has played in this number for years here at Chelsea and it has become associated with him. He's just arrived here, he can have a different number and come to be synonymous with it.

Technically he doesn't have a number: http://www.chelseafc.com/first-team

The point was it was his official number before, not just one he was handed for a few pre-season games. I wasn't referring to him not having a number now, none of the loaned players do IIRC.

The point was it was his official number before, not just one he was handed for a few pre-season games. I wasn't referring to him not having a number now, none of the loaned players do IIRC.

But that's it, he never had an official number because he was never part of our first team squad. We signed him in Jan where he went straight back on loan then he joined us for preseason only where he used the the number 14 shirt but t was never his. Just like the number RLC used in the post season matches is not his.

But that's it, he never had an official number because he was never part of our first team squad. We signed him in Jan where he went straight back on loan then he joined us for preseason only where he used the the number 14 shirt but t was never his. Just like the number RLC used in the post season matches is not his.

If that's the case then it would be false advertisement on the official Chelsea store then. They wouldn't give him a specific number to be sold to the public if it wasn't his.