Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Just one thing. Having seen Kevin play so much: I have faith. Quality always comes to the surface.

You're definitely right about his quality...and anyway, we need him in the squad.

I'm guessing with Willian (and Eto'o according to various sources) coming in...it'll be Moses and Ba loaned out/sold.

That'll leave us with:

Strikers: Torres, Romelu, Eto'o, Schurrle

LW: Hazard/Willian CAM: Mata/Oscar RW: Willian/De Bruyne

Not a bad combination of players.. I still feel we could of spent that 30 million on a new DM.

It wouldn't make sense and I hope you're right. But neither does signing Willian in my opinion. Even though it would add quality, how is Jose going to keep them all happy, especially in a WC year?

Leave that to Jose.

I believe he had that in mind before signing him.

Does anyone think he will start Vs United? I seriously rate this kid and love watching him play, but I see us starting Mata. Mata has the experience in big matches against United and he has scored in the past against them.

Cech

Cole-Terry-Cahill-Ivanovic

Oscar-Ramires-Lampard

Hazard-Lukaku-KDB

This would surely be our stongest 4-3-3?

Not at all. Don't know how you can leave our best defender and best attacking midfielder out and say its our strongest 4-3-3.

I expect Kevin to start tomorrow over Mata because this is an important game and only a blind couldn't see how much he improved the team against Hull whereas an unfit Mata only slowed down the game against Villa (not a criticism to Mata... the guy needs minutes, but he's still far behind the others fitness wise).

As for the future, I don't think we'll loan him because José gave him his word he wouldn't be loaned. I know the situation changed with Willian's unexpected arrival - who wasn't at the scope of new signings then because who would have thought Anzhi was going to go on sale? So I guess José will keep his word even if the situation changed.

Now I also think he won't play much, if we work with 60 matches for the season I think he'll start 10 and be benched 50. Out of those 50 I see him coming into 25-30. Had Willian not been here, I'd say those numbers would be 20 and 40 (with him coming as a sub in 30 of those).

Not at all. Don't know how you can leave our best defender and best attacking midfielder out and say its our strongest 4-3-3.

Um this is my strongest 4-3-3 eleven that will be available for today's game. Luiz is not available and im unsure if Mata is a starter.

Andre's recent performance and arrival of Willian should not overshadow Kevin's qualities.He's a very good player and his versatility may get him a few extra games since the rw position seems to be overcrowded now.

This player has immense talent and should be given fair chances by Jose.It'll be a shame if he gets sent out on loan again.

Andre's recent performance and arrival of Willian should not overshadow Kevin's qualities.He's a very good player and his versatility may get him a few extra games since the rw position seems to be overcrowded now.

This player has immense talent and should be given fair chances by Jose.It'll be a shame if he gets loaned again.

It'd be a bigger shame if he stays and doesn't get to play. He's our #3 choice on the right and the #3 choice in the centre. How many games will he get into?

It'd be a bigger shame if he stays and doesn't get to play. He's our #3 choice on the right and the #3 choice in the centre. How many games will he get into?

This will be the same case next season also.So its either we sell him or keep him and see how it pans out.Honesty I don't think theres any primary,secondary choice for that position and so all 3 players will get shuffled around.

This will be the same case next season also.So its either we sell him or keep him and see how it pans out.Honesty I don't think theres any primary,secondary choice for that position and so all 3 players will get shuffled around.

Sounds good in theory, but in practice, this never happens. Players step up and then get the bulk of playing time. (For example, 60 starts available, never get divided 20, 20, 20, they get divided 40, 18, 2). It's not like we have a lack of depth elsewhere either where these players can get shifted so I don't see the need for keeping Mata and De Bruyne both and Mata has been our best player for two seasons.

Sounds good in theory, but in practice, this never happens. Players step up and then get the bulk of playing time. (For example, 60 starts available, never get divided 20, 20, 20, they get divided 40, 18, 2). It's not like we have a lack of depth elsewhere either where these players can get shifted so I don't see the need for keeping Mata and De Bruyne both and Mata has been our best player for two seasons.

Argh,I really want Kdb to succeed here.The Willian signing has really complicated stuff.