Chelsea 3-3 Man United

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's rather harsh. He started the season well but lately he's been visibly fatigued. Although he isn't excellent as in previous seasons, that's why I don't understand why he's being overused, surely his fatigue and decline in abilities is a cue to play Ryan more often.

I totally agree with you mate, I said he plays awful lately but I don't blame him, AVB should be the one to take full responsibility for overusing him.

Trust me I am one of the biggest Drogba fans on here but mate he has been a shadow of the player he once was. His touch recently has been nothing short of embarassing, can't attack the ball like he was doing before and even gets bullied off the ball (take the Newcastle game before their defender went off due to injury). Put it simply, he isn't cut out for the kind of play Roman wants (via AVB) now. Yes, Torres has failed BUT he hasn't had the best service either. Tell me, when was the last time any of our players put him through. Spending 90 minutes each week without getting even half a ball played through is frustrating to say the least. When you see the likes of Bosingwa, Malouda and Sturridge shooting on sight and simply refusing to play you through, it doesnt surprise me that his confidence is shot (last minute today when he got the ball and could've run at the two defenders). Strikers get confidence by getting goals. Take rooney's goals last season against City and WestHam which opened the floodgates and galvanised United towards the end of last season. We need Torres to do the same and putting him on the bench to play Drogba who will likely leave in 5 months time is madness...

You know what would be even more mad. Flogging a dead horse, Drogba isn't here, this is Torres' chance and he is failing in ways some of us never even imagined. You say that about Drogba but he had big performances this season and is the sole reason why we are even in the Champions league last 16. You know what would be completely mad? Playing Torres, a player who isn't even a shadow of the player he once was, because I think if we stick with him as our main striker for the rest of the season then that precious 4th spot might very well end up with Arsenal instead of us, now that would be mad.

I give up. Drogba is the best player in the world, and we should give him a 6 year contract, happy? :D

Id rather give Drogba a 6 year contract than Torres. And at least Drogba has proven he still has the type of world class performance in him that made him one of the greatest strikers in the world.

Id rather give Drogba a 6 year contract than Torres. And at least Drogba has proven he still has the type of world class performance in him that made him one of the greatest strikers in the world.

What one great performance out of the last 18 months coupled with a few average performance while approaching 34? He should be lucky he is even been considered been given a contract extention. Instead he goes on the pitch acting like he does not give a fuck half the time any more becuase the club is follwing their policy and won't give him a two year contract. Just so he can be sure he has a large paycheck every week for at least two years and not having to prove he deserves it afterwards.

Jesus christ, the amount of people complaining of Torres fanboys.

What one great performance out of the last 18 months coupled with a few average performance while approaching 34? He should be lucky he is even been considered been given a contract extention. Instead he goes on the pitch acting like he does not give a fuck half the time any more becuase the club is follwing their policy and won't give him a two year contract. Just so he can be sure he has a large paycheck every week for at least two years and not having to prove he deserves it afterwards.

Jesus christ, the amount of people complaining of Torres fanboys.

1 great performance and a few average performances? GTFO. You must have some deep resentment of Drogba, because clearly you have no appreciation of exactly how good he has been for the club or how important he has been as part of our most successful side ever. Despite him being on the verge of 34 and despite him being out of contract in the Summer, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if, upon his return from the ACON, he becomes the first choice striker again, because that's what Didier does, that's what Didier has always done and Chelsea fans appreciate that.

The Torres fanboys amuse me but you, with your constant sniping at Drogba, it must have killed you that he has been our main man for the better part of 7 years now.

Both Drogba and Torres are finished, FFS we don't have any strikers, Sturridge on RW, and Lukaku is nowhere to be found

We paid too much money for Lukaku and he doesn't even play. Put Torres on the bench, Drogba also when he returns and play Lukaku.

He can't possibly be any worse :ph34r:

Our only chance of winning is if AVB dishes out this lineup

--------------------Eiour Gudjohnsen---------------

Robben------------------------Drogba-----------J.Cole

-----------------------Lampard----------Makalele-------

Cole---------------------------------------------------------Essien

----------------------Terry-----------Carvalho----------------------

-------------------------Cech-------------------------------

A man can dream

maybe more this -

--------------------Drogba----------------

Robben------------------Guddy----------------Duff