Chelsea 3-3 Man United

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think a change in formation is going to help the striker up front? The only difference will be that Meireles/Mikel and Romeu/Essien will play further behind...don't think that' going to help with the midfield service

This is not about supplying the striker lol, i just think we have looked better almost every time we switched to that formation.

I thought we looked better with Drogba in the team and anyway we all know he is capable of producing the big performances for Chelsea. And even if you want to push all of that aside, Id rather have a genuine Chelsea legend starting up front than the biggest waste of money in football history.

Sigh. We won 0 of Drogba's last 4 games - he started 3 of those, and we played the same way we're playing now. He is no magician that will get us playing well again.

This is not about supplying the striker lol, i just think we have looked better almost every time we switched to that formation. Sigh. We won 0 of Drogba's last 4 games - he started 3 of those, and we played the same way we're playing now. He is no magician that will get us playing well again.

And yet he still offers more than Torres or any of our strikers....

Tbf mate, we are going to be sans Cole, Ramires and Drogba with Terry and Lampard doubts to make it, on top of that we are currently playing shit so the pessimism isn't that unbelievable.

Them gone gives other players a chance to step it up. Form book goes out the window for these games. Believe.

And yet he still offers more than Torres or any of our strikers....

Trust me I am one of the biggest Drogba fans on here but mate he has been a shadow of the player he once was. His touch recently has been nothing short of embarassing, can't attack the ball like he was doing before and even gets bullied off the ball (take the Newcastle game before their defender went off due to injury). Put it simply, he isn't cut out for the kind of play Roman wants (via AVB) now. Yes, Torres has failed BUT he hasn't had the best service either. Tell me, when was the last time any of our players put him through. Spending 90 minutes each week without getting even half a ball played through is frustrating to say the least. When you see the likes of Bosingwa, Malouda and Sturridge shooting on sight and simply refusing to play you through, it doesnt surprise me that his confidence is shot (last minute today when he got the ball and could've run at the two defenders). Strikers get confidence by getting goals. Take rooney's goals last season against City and WestHam which opened the floodgates and galvanised United towards the end of last season. We need Torres to do the same and putting him on the bench to play Drogba who will likely leave in 5 months time is madness...

Čech

Ivanović - Cahill (Luiz) - Terry - Bertrand

Romeu

Essien - Lampard

Mata

Sturridge - Lukaku

Please no Torres, no Meireles, no Malouda, no Bosingwa...

Why no bosingwa... not only is he a universe class defender but he was easily the motm last game and he scored the skilled long shot to salvage us a point.

:Goober:

Trust me I am one of the biggest Drogba fans on here but mate he has been a shadow of the player he once was. His touch recently has been nothing short of embarassing, can't attack the ball like he was doing before and even gets bullied off the ball (take the Newcastle game before their defender went off due to injury). Put it simply, he isn't cut out for the kind of play Roman wants (via AVB) now. Yes, Torres has failed BUT he hasn't had the best service either. Tell me, when was the last time any of our players put him through. Spending 90 minutes each week without getting even half a ball played through is frustrating to say the least. When you see the likes of Bosingwa, Malouda and Sturridge shooting on sight and simply refusing to play you through, it doesnt surprise me that his confidence is shot (last minute today when he got the ball and could've run at the two defenders). Strikers get confidence by getting goals. Take rooney's goals last season against City and WestHam which opened the floodgates and galvanised United towards the end of last season. We need Torres to do the same and putting him on the bench to play Drogba who will likely leave in 5 months time is madness...

agree,

torres is not our problem at the moment...

i would be super frustrated if i were on this team as well,

but yet torres take the shit from everyone... yeah right...

we all know he hasnt performed like we all wanted to, BUT the team cannot pass like we thought either...

quite frankly NO STIKER could survive here... honestly...

we need something switch of formation, something!!! 4-3-3 is soooo shitty for our players, and idk why avb is so proud to not give it up...

keep it coming torres, you and luiz are the only ones who give a fuck anymore...

KTF

Its embarrassing that none from the current crop can displace that shadow...

Drogba is a shadow, Torres is a ghost... one of them is understandable 'cause of age, the other is at his supposed peak.

Anyway, if we're gonna play the same team as against Swans, then we're gonna lose. With Cole already absent, we NEED Terry and Lamps back for this to stand a chance.

It's beyond ridiculous people here just point their fingers to Torres and make him to take all the responsibilities for our shyt attacking.

Trust me, even Messi will struggle with our current squad especially with two selfish dudes Malouda & Sturridge as partners.

BTW I'm kind of happy that Cole will be missed out. He's been awful this season and I can't see anyone else does worse at LB, even the worst football player on this planet, Bosingwa.

That's rather harsh. He started the season well but lately he's been visibly fatigued. Although he isn't excellent as in previous seasons, that's why I don't understand why he's being overused, surely his fatigue and decline in abilities is a cue to play Ryan more often.