Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people still say David luiz went for 50?

He went for like 37 million:

When Luiz was sold, there was £11.5m left in book value on the transfer fee paid to Benfica. As such, in order to record a profit of £25.43m, Luiz would have had to have been sold for around £37m, a far cry from the £48m or £50m that was being widely reported at the time. As for the significant discrepancy, this may have been a situation where the 48-50m figure was actually in euros and "" was simply replaced with "£" without doing the proper currency conversion.

A £37m transfer fee and £25m profit for Jose Mourinho's third-choice centre-back is still an excellent piece of business, mind you, but as mentioned, at a much lower fee than originally thought.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/1/12/7527747/chelsea-financial-accounts-ffp

Yup, but I usualy mean euros when talking about fees...

In case anyone else has a problem / question with the exchange of EURO, £ Pounds or $ Dolar (also has more types of coins from around the world), I put a website to make the change from one currency to another.

http://conversordemoneda.com/?gclid=COeIo7mph8MCFcvpwgodnoIAkQ

I usually use this because I live in Spain and here we use Euros.

I hope this helps to everyone.

Regards.

Well Im used to euro currency more, its more international after all. Not ridiculous at all.

Then might as well talk in dollars.

It's ridiculous because we are talking about an English team that operates in England. And thus their income is recorded in pounds not dollars or euros.

It's ridiculous because we are talking about an English team that operates in England. And thus their income is recorded in pounds not dollars or euros.

To be fair, what the talk was about was the transfer fee of David Luiz to PSG. So no, it was not about an English team that operates in England, but about an english team selling a player to a french team. And France is using euros. And international transfers are done in euros I'm pretty sure.

But anyway, what's most ridiculous in this whole story, is still being debating on such a trivial matter imo.

To be fair, what the talk was about was the transfer fee of David Luiz to PSG. So no, it was not about an English team that operates in England, but about an english team selling a player to a french team. And France is using euros. And international transfers are done in euros I'm pretty sure.

Yes but we get report in pounds.

And because you said this player is sold for 50 millions, everyone will think it's 50 million pounds because that's assume.

If your going to mean euros then say it.

Say that you meant 50 million euros.

Yeah we are english club and we have 11 english starters too...last few years we are more international than english to begin with.

Besides all rumours, transfers and fees from other parts of europe (unless you are reading english journos) use euros, more or less.

And seriously I dont know why you point this as issue, I will keep using euros, not pounds when talking money, as will several other members here...

Yeah we are english club and we have 11 english starters too...last few years we are more international than english to begin with.

Besides all rumours, transfers and fees from other parts of europe (unless you are reading english journos) use euros, more or less.

And seriously I dont know why you point this as issue, I will keep using euros, not pounds when talking money, as will several other members here...

Because it's a transfer thread, and in transfer we discussed the player and the money.

So it's important we understand what we are communicating.

If you say 50 then I will assume your meaning 50 pounds.

We record our transfer in pounds, not dollars, pesos, Australian dollars etc etc.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You