Paul Pogba

Madmax

Technically he's brilliant. He's got that smooth technique which usually is exclusive for 5'7" players. He's also slightly slower than Essien and less explosive I think.

I'm all for signing Pogba, because he's got brilliant world-class potential while being in younger age group than other midfielders we currently have like Ramires, Matic, Fabregas and Mikel. But is he really an option ? Fee might be an issue, wages might be an issue, insurance cost might be an issue ... a "bribe" we would have to pay to Mino Raiola might be an issue. There's hope that Abramovich, who supposedly is football freak, is also freak about Pogba like he was about Torres and Hazard. He said "I have to have this guys !" and he's got them, no matter operation cost. He wants to have "the best of the best" in every area of life they say. One last Abramovich gift to Chelsea ?

It's funny when I read those comments from Mino Raiola. A 3 weeks ago he talked about Pogba being one of a kind, a Mona Lisa, a player who simply has to leave Juve either this year or next. Now he's talking that "nah, Pogba ain't eager to leave". He's doing brilliant job on that matter I have to say. He got into people's heads and plays every melody he wants to eventually milk somebody badly. So, you can conclude that he would rip us off if there's no tomorrow.

Only if Roman wants that and we're ready to pay big on agent fees I guess.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's so improved from last season, but he's still far from consistent and his decision making still needs work. He's well on his way to fulfilling his potential but he's not yet the player that everyone who just see the goals think he is.

He's so improved from last season, but he's still far from consistent and his decision making still needs work. He's well on his way to fulfilling his potential but he's not yet the player that everyone who just see the goals think he is.

True. But he really is a special talent though. I hope he continues to improve and fulfills his awesome potential, wherever he ends up. One thing's for sure though, the world of football has a successor to Ibra. A player capable of scoring the type of goals you would fantasize about as a child on a consistent basis.

True. But he really is a special talent though. I hope he continues to improve and fulfills his awesome potential, wherever he ends up. One thing's for sure though, the world of football has a successor to Ibra. A player capable of scoring the type of goals you would fantasize about as a child on a consistent basis.

Yes, but you'd also want him too develop into a player who is capable of influencing the game at any given moment and consistently helping the performance of the team, not just scoring post card goals. I think he has all that it takes to become a player that is capable of running midfield and controlling the game.

I think especially his passing has improved. He now seems to see more and react quicker. Anyway I agree with you. I'm all on signing Pogba board but I don't want to go crazy at the same time. He's on learning curve but he's not a top top midfielder like sometimes is suggested. He's still not controlling games enough and is not a dominant figure on the pitch. He's got all the tools though. He's got fantastic body. He's 6'3" I think, strong but at the same time he's very agile. That's the main point, agility for me is VERY important. The lack of agility sometimes destroys potentially brilliant player. For me it's as important as pace. He also has that smooth technique in him. Not to say that he's very much two-footed with powerful shot from both feet. Overall you have potentional legend in him. And he's 21.

But at the same we go crazy with him because we see player who he can be. But he isn't that now. We sometimes foresee the future and see the player that Mourinho would develop in 3 years. However, paying for potential cannot double someone's worth, especially by tens of millions. He's currently good/very good player but he's got long way to go to catch the best. His agent and president of Juve are doing brilliant job to milk someone. First the price was around 45m of euros I think. That was 2 years ago. Then Pogba started playing better and often and 60m was the price. They were quoted at every news site with long-range belter adding in the news. They were doing that campaing and Pogba scored/dribbled someone here and there and it started getting into people's heads. More people started to be interested what he will do next or started to watch some Juve games with excitement. Pogba usually delivered another fantastic goal to his collection. Then Juventus president and Pogba's agent started to be more aggressive. 80m was the price few months ago. Pogba scored a couple of crackers and now they're talking about breaking world's record. And it's not like if he's done something at the biggest stage.Jesus, it's madness.For 2 years (2012-2014) I only got terrestrial TV in my house. There was one channel with football, they only showed Polish League and Serie A. I watched most of Serie A games that was aired, it usually was Juve since they were first. I watched Juve in those 2 years about 35-40 times I think. Plus Champions League games, plus Coppa Italia plus French national team plus U20 World Cup in 2013. I watched Pogba over 50 times in the last 2 years, I'm an expert of him. If he was some guy from French League or Spanish League I'd pass the judgment and said "well maybe he's that good. I don't know, I don't watch him". But I watched him so many times.

Currently I think he's worth about 40-45 millions of pounds. The price could be about 50 with additional cost to agent and insurance. But it contains premium amount for potential.

I'd sign him up at big cost, despite telling that he's not currently that good, because I know what further developed Pogba could mean to us. He'd run riot in the Premier League. He'd win us games just like Yaya Toure does. That's why he's worth big. But paying well over the odds, breaking transfer record, I don't buy it.

people need to calm down, he really still has a long way to go before he becomes a genuine world class player, he is still far off the levels of Michael Essien when we first sgned him, he certainly has the potential but people act like he is the end product already.

You think he's supposed to be like Essien? Nah... He's supposed to be like Yaya Toure.

And at 21 yrs old the level he's playing at is EXTREMELY impressive. He's got the perfect combination of size, technique and skill all he needs to develop is that football brain and Jose is the perfect manager to help him in that regard.

He is and was absolutely increadible. And is THE player to buy for every top team. He is one of a kind, there is no doubt about it, and never was.

It's like Neymar for example... you just need to look at him a little to understand that he is special

I think especially his passing has improved. He now seems to see more and react quicker. Anyway I agree with you. I'm all on signing Pogba board but I don't want to go crazy at the same time. He's on learning curve but he's not a top top midfielder like sometimes is suggested. He's still not controlling games enough and is not a domination figure on the pitch. He's got all the tools though. He's got fantastic body. He's 6'3" I think, strong but at the same time he's very agile. That's the main point, agility for me is VERY important. The lack of agility sometimes destroys potentially brilliant player. For me it's as important as pace. He also has that smooth technique in him. Not to say that he's very much two-footed with powerful shot from both feet. Overall you have potentional legend in him. And he's 21.

But at the same we go crazy with him because we see player who he can be. But he isn't that now. We sometimes foresee the future and see the player that Mourinho would develop in 3 years. However, paying for potential cannot double someone's worth, especially by tens of millions. He's currently good/very good player but he's got long way to go to catch the best. His agent and president of Juve are doing brilliant job to milk someone. First the price was around 45m of euros I think. That was 2 years ago. Then Pogba started playing better and often and 60m was the price. They were quoted at every news site with long-range belter adding in the news. They were doing that campaing and Pogba scored/dribbled someone here and there and it started getting into people's heads. More people started to be interested what he will do next or started to watch some Juve games with excitement. Pogba usually delivered another fantastic goal to his collection. Then Juventus president and Pogba's agent started to be more aggressive. 80m was the price few months ago. Pogba scored a couple of crackers and now they're talking about breaking world's record. And it's not like if he's done something at the biggest stage.Jesus, it's madness.For 2 years (2012-2014) I only got terrestrial TV in my house. There was one channel with football, they only showed Polish League and Serie A. I watched most of Serie A games that was aired, it usually was Juve since they were first. I watched Juve in those 2 years about 35-40 times I think. Plus Champions League games, plus Coppa Italia plus French national team plus U20 World Cup in 2013. I watched Pogba over 50 times in the last 2 years, I'm an expert of him. If he was some guy from French League or Spanish League I'd pass the judgment and said "well maybe he's that good. I don't know, I don't watch him". But I watched him so many times.

Currently I think he's worth about 40-45 millions of pounds. The price could be about 50 with additional cost to agent and insurance. But it contains premium amount for potential.

I'd sign him up at big cost, despite telling that he's not currently that good, because I know what further developed Pogba could mean to us. He'd run riot in the Premier League. He'd win us games just like Yaya Toure does. That's why he's worth big. But paying well over the odds, breaking transfer record, I don't buy it.

Absolutely. Complete co-sign (except for the part about Polish TV.....and the "fantastic body", I'm more of a "boobs-man" myself :P).

I'd snap Paul up for something between 35 and 45m pounds, but anything over that, no thanks. He's a luxury signing, we don't need him and we have FFP to worry about it. Honestly, his transfer has RM or PSG written all over it.

Absolutely. Complete co-sign (except for the part about Polish TV.....and the "fantastic body", I'm more of a "boobs-man" myself [emoji14]).

I'd snap Paul up for something between 35 and 45m pounds, but anything over that, no thanks. He's a luxury signing, we don't need him and we have FFP to worry about it. Honestly, his transfer has RM or PSG written all over it.

We need a CM to play alongside Matic. Him being HG makes him much more important to us. I don't see a HG player ticking the same boxes at him, but I agree him going to RM, PSG or even Barca (going by rumours) is more probable.

PSGa and Juventus should do a swap

Verrati for Pogba.

bring the italian back to serie a and the frenchman back to ligue 1.

Verrati would eventually replace pirlo and pogba would be psg new star in the mid.

Pogba-Raibot-Cabaye

French future.

Yes, but you'd also want him too develop into a player who is capable of influencing the game at any given moment and consistently helping the performance of the team, not just scoring post card goals. I think he has all that it takes to become a player that is capable of running midfield and controlling the game.

That's why I meant by fulfilling his potential of course. I don't know about him running the midfield and controlling the game though. He's not that type of player imo (unless you and I don't share the same definition of controlling the midfield). Lampard for example was never that kind of player but he's a legendary player, in his own way.

I see Pogba more as someone who has what it takes to become a great individual, standing out with certain exceptional qualities and with the ability to pop up with decisive moments. Not a playmaker or a midfield general, who will make others around him look better. And he'll always need a free-ish role I think, in that sense he's like Lamps.

Basically continuing what he's doing right now, but growing in his decision-making and refining his technique as he ages. His first touch for example is still too hit and miss for me. At times absolutely brilliant, other times very sloppy. He has real potential in his passing as well, but that's also a bit too sloppy. Comes with being 21. Still can't believe he's only 21.

Pogba is far more technically superior than Essien ever was, not even debatable. Don't even think you can compare them as players tbh.

Yeah, not comparable as players at all. Essien was a super athlete and a absolute powerhouse, tactically very clever as well. Still amazes me how powerful he was with his 5ft10/5ft11 frame. He was like a little building. Great personality as well. Such a shame his time at the top was cut short due to injuries.

We need a CM to play alongside Matic. Him being HG makes him much more important to us. I don't see a HG player ticking the same boxes at him, but I agree him going to RM, PSG or even Barca (going by rumours) is more probable.

We do have Cesc and Pogba can't play in Oscar's position unless we completely change the roles because tactical discipline and defensive work-rate are his biggest weaknesses.

PS: Paul Pogba is NOT homegrown. He would have been homegrown had he signed for an English club this season, but he didn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2820634/Asmir-Begovic-Bosnia-s-keeper-played-youth-football-Canada-English-Harry-Kane-far-Premier-League-concerned-home-grown-player-rule-stinks.html

That's why I meant by fulfilling his potential of course. I don't know about him running the midfield and controlling the game though. He's not that type of player imo (unless you and I don't share the same definition of controlling the midfield). Lampard for example was never that kind of player but he's a legendary player, in his own way.

I see Pogba more as someone who has what it takes to become a great individual, standing out with certain exceptional qualities and with the ability to pop up with decisive moments. Not a playmaker or a midfield general, who will make others around him look better. And he'll always need a free-ish role I think, in that sense he's like Lamps.

Basically continuing what he's doing right now, but growing in his decision-making and refining his technique as he ages. His first touch for example is still too hit and miss for me. At times absolutely brilliant, other times very sloppy. He has real potential in his passing as well, but that's also a bit too sloppy. Comes with being 21. Still can't believe he's only 21.

Yeah, that wasn't the best way to put it on my part but I didn't know how to express what I meant. I didn't mean to control the midfield like Pirlo or Cesc, but rather through his physical presence. Basically just to influence the game more often because right now for large parts of a lot of matches the game just bypasses, especially in defense. He needs to start shining more through team attributes rather than just individual moments of brilliance. I realize that is very tough and often comes at the expense of individual brilliance. But yeah, he is definitely the biggest young talent out there at the moment.

We do have Cesc and Pogba can't play in Oscar's position unless we completely change the roles because tactical discipline and defensive work-rate are his biggest weaknesses.

PS: Paul Pogba is NOT homegrown. He would have been homegrown had he signed for an English club this season, but he didn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2820634/Asmir-Begovic-Bosnia-s-keeper-played-youth-football-Canada-English-Harry-Kane-far-Premier-League-concerned-home-grown-player-rule-stinks.html

News to me. I guess the big payout wouldn't be as good after all. He's still a player that would improve our squad in the centre of the park.

Definetly he's not the Pirlos or Verattis because they're born playmakers with that super-quick reaction though I think his passing can reach a fantastic level. Don't know if he can add consistency to it but certainly I've seen signs of some brilliant vision and inventory thinking in him.

Rather play Ramires in a 4-3-3 than bother spunking 80-100M or whatever stupid stupid price they will want for him although he'd be lucky if hes even worth 50M.

Ramires when he played under AVB as a box to box midfielder in 4-3-3 >

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You