Paul Pogba

Madmax

7 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I don't wanna say "overrated", but he's probably the most overpriced player in the history of the game.

Exactly, good player but 100mil??? :fainthv9: no where near above 60mil imo

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/8/2016 at 1:52 AM, Essien19 said:

I'm having a hunch that you're of the opinion that Pogba isn't a 100 mil. player. That's one opinion, maybe he's a bit of a luxury player, i get that. Furthermore you look most times for different things in midfielders, Pogba can't become a Xavi, but maybe he can pick up some traits of Iniesta. A long way to go, sure. As you've mentioned, personally i have been impressed with Kroos, he makes teams tick, maybe for him you would pay 100 mil. bucks.

Yes, bravo, Toni Kroos another good example. Although slow as a boat, but can control the midfield with ease. 

You saw last night what I was talking about -regarding Pogba. Portugal played incredibly deep and w/o their star man -it was the perfect chance for Pogba to shine and prove doubters like me that he is worth the big money.

What other chance if not the big Final of the European tournament played in your own country. He was gash for pretty much the entire tournament, last night it was his chance to shine and, why not, maybe add a few more bucks to his United contract, too.

But IMO he blew it and frankly Matuidi and Sissoko looked way better than him. Maybe not in terms of quality, but it terms of their involvement in the game.

For me this is what a 100m player has to do -to be the 1st violin, to take the game by the scruff of the neck, impose yourself as the general, the multimillion superstar. Especially in a 4-4-2 system and a midfield two with Matuidi where clearly one of the two midfielders has to go forward and show his leadership. And that midfielder for me had to be Pogba last night, but unfortunately he was not.

Like I said, I do not want to sound stupid, the talent is there, the amazing ability, but at the same time we cannot deny that PROBABLY he was made to look that good because of Juventus' midfielders, too. 

With Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Marchisio et al, he was never made to be the midfield general, the pressure was not that big, flourished in their shadow. But at United it will be completely different -with Rooney no. 10 and another defensive minded midfielder (a la Matic), Pogba will have to be the main creative midfielder and step up his game, otherwise the English media will be eating him alive.

I might be stupid but I think Pogba is overrated unless he dramatically improves his workrate and dedication. He often looks like lazy bas*ard. I am not surprised that SAF sold him. He had 1 or 2 good games at Euro, right after he was benched in second game. 

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Yes, bravo, Toni Kroos another good example. Although slow as a boat, but can control the midfield with ease. 

You saw last night what I was talking about -regarding Pogba. Portugal played incredibly deep and w/o their star man -it was the perfect chance for Pogba to shine and prove doubters like me that he is worth the big money.

What other chance if not the big Final of the European tournament played in your own country. He was gash for pretty much the entire tournament, last night it was his chance to shine and, why not, maybe add a few more bucks to his United contract, too.

But IMO he blew it and frankly Matuidi and Sissoko looked way better than him. Maybe not in terms of quality, but it terms of their involvement in the game.

For me this is what a 100m player has to do -to be the 1st violin, to take the game by the scruff of the neck, impose yourself as the general, the multimillion superstar. Especially in a 4-4-2 system and a midfield two with Matuidi where clearly one of the two midfielders has to go forward and show his leadership. And that midfielder for me had to be Pogba last night, but unfortunately he was not.

Like I said, I do not want to sound stupid, the talent is there, the amazing ability, but at the same time we cannot deny that PROBABLY he was made to look that good because of Juventus' midfielders, too. 

With Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Marchisio et al, he was never made to be the midfield general, the pressure was not that big, flourished in their shadow. But at United it will be completely different -with Rooney no. 10 and another defensive minded midfielder (a la Matic), Pogba will have to be the main creative midfielder and step up his game, otherwise the English media will be eating him alive.

To be fair i've never thought that Pogba is suited to a deep-lying role. It's difficult for him to dictate play there, too much defensive work, too far away from the box and unable to make the most of his shooting ability. Moreover he didn't get on the ball as often as he'd liked. But yes, you do have a point there, he should have done better.

You said Matuidi and Sissoko looked way better than him, i get where you're coming from, but the two of them failed to stop Eder from shooting, Pogba was livid and because of that feck up, he had every right to be. More or less, cost France the game! No matter what, that takes away a lot of praise, at least in my eyes. Matuidi isn't the player he once was, he has become a liability, can't understand why Deschamps decided to stick with him, instead of Kanté. National managers...different discussion.

Maybe one could say that the Pog should improve his mentality. He comes across as arrogant and/or self confident, remember when he took on Fergie and was just about 18 years old. That's not normal! Juve sold the likes of Vidal and Pirlo. On top of that Marchisio isn't always there to play. Last season Pog really stepped it up. At the moment he isn't not running through a brick wall for neither his team nor his manager. He needs defensive cover to thrive, which suggests he'd play as the most advanced of a midfield three. When Deschamps decided to bring on Kanté against Germany which saved him from some of the defensive duties and guess what?! He immediataley looked better, imo.

If played in a more advanced role and given the freedom he needs, he'll be the driving force of any midfield: bombing forward, dribbling, doing the unexpected, pulling off a 30 yard screamer now and then. Which team can really do without such a player? Therefore i can't see a midfield of two and a number 10 in front of him for a long time, but if it were to happen as you've said, yeah, the Pog could be in trouble. But i wouldn't predict that outcome! I stand by comparison between Lamps and Pog: Lampard got the better mentality, Pogba is technically speaking superior. I think Mourinho intends to use him similar like he did with Lamps. Can see that one working out well. If the team plays to his strengths, he makes most teams in the world better. He offers a decade worth of service, he'll be worth the money, imo. I think English media will love his style, don't forget that he plays for Manchester United and he's attacking minded, why should it go wrong?

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Pogba could stay at Juventus, according to his agent Mino Raiola.

As if Raiola wants that to happen. That sneaky bastard will say anything to get his usual 10% of the deal. I have a very strong feeling that Pogba will end up in ManU. The club needs to make a statement to show its power in terms of attracting the best talent and Mourinho is very keen on having Pogba-type player in his midfield. 

The most overrated player of all times. The irrelevance made football player. And it's a shame, because he has conditions, but the game of this guy is 89 minutes 50 seconds of nothing, and 10 seconds of some good skill for his next vine. 

Maybe under the correct trainer, he could turn into a good midfielder, but right now, talk about him as one the best midfielders on the world (Even i've read that he is the best hahaha), or worst, ask 120 million for him, is a bad joke.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You