Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will play better with superior players playing around him and will learn to improve from the likes of JT with his defensive approach, time will tell though.......

It's my point for the moment, he's not a natural leader and I think he needs very good team mates to be better. Not that he did not already perform well in an average team, but he wasn't that good.

wonder how much his agent is asking for??? very rare we don't meet the players terms . surely he can't be asking for parity with JT??

The Telegraph mentions asks about his role, he seems to want a starter slot whereas Chelsea want him as a backup reforcement. Certainly about his wages, he may ask huge amount money like £80k/week...

Fuck this guy. Bolton's player failing to reach personal terms with Chelsea. Its a honor to play for a top PL club. Asking for money or for a regular place in the starting XI? Comic.

Maybe an honour for you, but this guy is a professional and it's his job. We came knocking on his door after all. why shouldn't he try and get something more out of it if he can? Anybody else would do the same if they were head hunted in their particular profession. Also, you have no idea what he's asking for be it money, a regular start or whatever.

Maybe an honour for you, but this guy is a professional and it's his job. We came knocking on his door after all. why shouldn't he try and get something more out of it if he can? Anybody else would do the same if they were head hunted in their particular profession. Also, you have no idea what he's asking for be it money, a regular start or whatever.

if he is good enough he will become a regular starter ,,,as to wages ...he will have been offered more than he was getting ,,IF he is a tough guy

he will have the balls to tell his agent to fuck off

Great signing! He's English, which is a really important factor, and he's argueably one of the Premier League's most recognised defenders.. getting him for £7m wasn't bad of a deal either!

Welcome to Chelsea Gary :D

don't buy the shirt just yet ..remember Robinho

Great news. 7m pounds for a reliable backup defender, that's a pretty good deal. I'm pretty sure Bolton will feel like they could have done a better deal even though they're not doing well right now.

By the way, does this mean Bolton are screwed? I really want them to stay up this season and would rather see either QPR or Wolves (or both) get relegated.

Fuck this guy. Bolton's player failing to reach personal terms with Chelsea. Its a honor to play for a top PL club. Asking for money or for a regular place in the starting XI? Comic.

So now I guess you'll hate him till he quits, like you do with most of our players. Yeah I guess! Happy with this transfer IF it goes through! Gary has always been my second favourite English def.

I don't know about this, i can see him getting skinned in the CL against a tricky forward. I can't see him playing alongside Terry because that would be suicide against a forward who can change direction really quickly. I would rather see us spend 15 million on Sakho from PSG that would be a much cheaper investment because of his ability right now and his leadership skills at the age of 21. Cahill is a huge risk, you can think these English defenders are really good until you see them completely out of depth against quality attackers like Mathew Upson against Germany in the world cup.

I'd guess its probably Cahill's agents trying to get a nice chunk of money for their part in the deal. Cahill must be on roughly 40k a week at Bolton, I could see us offering to double that no problem. So this story about it being wages; I'm not buying it.

It's my point for the moment, he's not a natural leader and I think he needs very good team mates to be better. Not that he did not already perform well in an average team, but he wasn't that good.

The Telegraph mentions asks about his role, he seems to want a starter slot whereas Chelsea want him as a backup reforcement. Certainly about his wages, he may ask huge amount money like £80k/week...

Actually Telegraph say he is asking more money:

"But the 26-year-old's transfer hung in the balance this afternoon, with one stumbling block understood to be the player's salary, and Villas-Boas warned Chelsea would turn to other targets if an agreement could not be reached."