Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see him being the greedy type of player.

He may be a decent player, I'm not a fan of his mentality. He's not a leader, he moans often, he could have extended his contract in order his club to receive more money... It's like Bosingwa, decent player but really not positive mentality

It isn't written on people's forehead if they're greedy or not.

:lol:

Like I said we shouldn't offer more than 50k. We need to start reducing these wages and if we agree to give an "average" player like him more than 60k a week then it will be a big mistake.

I'm unsure too, not seen enough of him to be judge-mental. However he has played well enough with JT for England to be good enough for our squad at the very least and may prove to be a very good acquisition, after all he has come cheap, has age on his side and wants to prove himself with a bigger club.

My only concern, is he quick enough to play in this high defensive line that AVB wants to implement?

My only concern, is he quick enough to play in this high defensive line that AVB wants to implement?

I think above all his flaws, that he can do well. Because his very good with pace and technical ability. It's one of the big positives behind this move. Luiz - Cahill could be very interesting.

He played with the high line with Bolton, I saw it several times, especially in the first half of the season when they played a kind of possession football. But I remember that he was at times bad positionned (himself, not Knight or Steinsson... Cahill does really not shine with his positionning) and that most of his interventions back gave (me) the impression that he was tense with the fear to miss completely the ball. He is not especially fast or lively, more than the average PL CB yes, but not far more

We must have seen him against us 5 or 6 times and most of the time we have scored a bucket load againt Bolton and therefore he did not stand out. JT rates him and he is in and around England's starting 11 We need a centre back and the price looks right. Not overjoyed though....

I think above all his flaws, that he can do well. Because his very good with pace and technical ability. It's one of the big positives behind this move. Luiz - Cahill could be very interesting.

Interesting yes, especially for 7m, not totally convinced................ yet!

He played with the high line with Bolton, I saw it several times, especially in the first half of the season when they played a kind of possession football. But I remember that he was at times bad positionned (himself, not Knight or Steinsson... Cahill does really not shine with his positionning) and that most of his interventions back gave (me) the impression that he was tense with the fear to miss completely the ball. He is not especially fast or lively, more than the average PL CB yes, but not far more

I think he will play better with superior players playing around him and will learn to improve from the likes of JT with his defensive approach, time will tell though.......

I don't really think this can go wrong tbh. If he really proves to be terrible and we want to sell him off after 18 months or so, we'll still be able to get at least 4 million if we sell him to another Prem club so it won't be that bad a deal lol