Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all his critics, from a statistical perspective Cahill's the best CB in the EPL.

Best-defenders-1.jpg

That is the worst and most retarded thing I have ever heared.

Cahill isnt even close to being the best CB in the EPL. And he's had errors that led to goals.

Looking at statistics like that doesnt say anything. Maybe a player made 2 own goals in a meaningless match. Maybe he was also the reason goals were leaked in another meaningless match. etc etc etc

That is the worst and most retarded thing I have ever heared.

Cahill isnt even close to being the best CB in the EPL. And he's had errors that led to goals.

Looking at statistics like that doesnt say anything. Maybe a player made 2 own goals in a meaningless match. Maybe he was also the reason goals were leaked in another meaningless match. etc etc etc

agree Cahill isn't world class but don't think there's been a direct error from him. think about it. he drops deep, which i think is the sign of a defender lacking confidence, and the mistakes are usually made by defenders around him.

maybe RVP and Pogrebnyak goals should have been considered as Cahill errors but the stats don't say much do they? stats showing Cahill,Evans,Mertesacker as good defenders should be ignored

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason this kid only recieves praise.

Well, he was crap today.

Yup, Cahill was horrible today. Sorry I have to bring up Luiz but I'm only imagining the type of abuse he'd get if his performance was like Cahill's today.

Yup, Cahill was horrible today. Sorry I have to bring up Luiz but I'm only imagining the type of abuse he'd get if his performance was like Cahill's today.

Indeed.

I get so pissed when people totally write Luiz off, especially in the PL. Just look at how he performed when he was paired with JT, a solid CB. They knew where they had eachother. Luiz+Cahill never was that good, mostly because they dont know exacly where they have eachother and they are both pretty young and all that compared to the likes of Iva and JT. Yet Luiz shows that he is world class, like today.

Plus he is versitile and can go forward aswell and take a CDM position when/if needed. That is actually an awesome asset.

I may come off as too harsh on Cahill and whatnot, but I seriousley rate Luiz alot higher than Cahill. With that said, I like them both.

Indeed.

I get so pissed when people totally write Luiz off, especially in the PL. Just look at how he performed when he was paired with JT, a solid CB. They knew where they had eachother. Luiz+Cahill never was that good, mostly because they dont know exacly where they have eachother and they are both pretty young and all that compared to the likes of Iva and JT. Yet Luiz shows that he is world class, like today.

Plus he is versitile and can go forward aswell and take a CDM position when/if needed. That is actually an awesome asset.

I may come off as too harsh on Cahill and whatnot, but I seriousley rate Luiz alot higher than Cahill. With that said, I like them both.

Luiz needs a leader alongside him so that he can play well on a consistent basis...

And as for Cahill, he wouldn't be the starting CB for any title-chasing club.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like Cole, he will be out for about 2 weeks or so after getting that injury before the INT break. Will miss games against Rubin Kazan(Home & Away), Sunderland(H), Man City(N) and Fulham(A) at the very least.

Just like Cole, he will be out for about 2 weeks or so after getting that injury before the INT break. Will miss games against Rubin Kazan(Home & Away), Sunderland(H), Man City(N) and Fulham(A) at the very least.

Apparently he had a minor operation according to Rafa. I know he said 2 weeks but I have a feeling it will be bit more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22088000?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Chelsea centre-back Gary Cahill underwent surgery on a knee problem at the weekend.

Cahill, 27, has been absent since 17 March and missed England's matches against San Marino and Montenegro in March due to the injury.

Boss Rafael Benitez revealed Cahill had surgery on Saturday, 30 March.

"He had an operation. We did it very quickly on the Saturday of the Southampton game (March 30)," said the interim manager.

The Chelsea manager is hopeful that Cahill and fellow defender Ashley Cole, who has been struggling with a hamstring problem, are close to returning to action.

He added: "The feeling from both is really good."