The FM Thread

.Cee

So played Utd with Swansea and played rather poorly, lost 3-0.

Quite bad compared to the last screeny :(

Then we played Newcastle lost 3-2, was a good game. Robert Snodgrass scored on his debut :P Welbeck scored twice for Newcastle though, the fucking cunt. Liverpool next. Hard start indeed.

Protip:

Sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, ASAP. If he's still at Hoffenheim, you can get him for around 5-6 million. I don't care how many attacking midfielders you've got, sell them all if you must to make space for Sigurdsson, he is the best player I've ever had on this game and by a massive margin, I can guarantee that he'll score a long shot or a free kick or get an assist pretty much every game. He is a set piece monster, brilliant at direct and indirect free kicks as well as corners. This is what he looks like in 2014:

78d8f95a8b563c5787338db0be650683.png

2c43d301d2a1500a5464085ba538729d.png

And that was with the AI training him, no tutoring, proper management of workload etc. He will be even better than that under a human manager.

Also, I see Vorm only completed 19 of 31 passes. You can massively improve your possession and passing stats by getting your keeper to always 'Defender Collect', set it to any of your back 4, but not a midfielder or striker.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protip:

Sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, ASAP. If he's still at Hoffenheim, you can get him for around 5-6 million. I don't care how many attacking midfielders you've got, sell them all if you must to make space for Sigurdsson, he is the best player I've ever had on this game and by a massive margin, I can guarantee that he'll score a long shot or a free kick or get an assist pretty much every game. He is a set piece monster, brilliant at direct and indirect free kicks as well as corners. This is what he looks like in 2014:

78d8f95a8b563c5787338db0be650683.png

2c43d301d2a1500a5464085ba538729d.png

And that was with the AI training him, no tutoring, proper management of workload etc. He will be even better than that under a human manager.

Also, I see Vorm only completed 19 of 31 passes. You can massively improve your possession and passing stats by getting your keeper to always 'Defender Collect', set it to any of your back 4, but not a midfielder or striker.

de Guzmans good at free kicks too, just hasn't scored one yet. Sigurdsson is at Spurs on my save as I have an update thing but hes available for loan only problem is he rejected me. :(

So I put Vorm and a defender to defender collect? Hmm I think I'll do that next time I'm on it.

de Guzmans good at free kicks too, just hasn't scored one yet. Sigurdsson is at Spurs on my save as I have an update thing but hes available for loan only problem is he rejected me. :(

So I put Vorm and a defender to defender collect? Hmm I think I'll do that next time I'm on it.

That's why you never update your game! The bargains disappear :(

Was mainly talking about the return match against Barcelona.

Okay then. Be warned, this is being written live, so my emotions do spill over.

We were boosted pre-match by Messi's injury, he hadn't fully recovered and at 80% it seems the Barcelona manager opted not to play him. But they too received an advantage, Sergio Abreu missed both the tie in Lisbon and sat out this one as well, necessitating Alou Diarra's push back into centre midfield rather than centre back where he excelled last time out.

c552655846ae01600476c0cdd05d719b.png

That little twat Bojan (what the hell is he doing back at the club?!) gave them the lead after half an hour, after an absolute howler of a mistake from Marin Krizman.

Things got worse on the hour mark with Mikel picking up an injury and having to be subbed off. At that point, one-nil down, with half an hour to play, I figured it wouldn't hurt to go on the attack. And so we did. What was the result of that?

Another defensive cock up, this time from Krizman's central partner, Hector Moreno, and substitute Yaya Sanogo made it 2-0.

Though we hit back. Ben Sahar dribbled a defender and slotted it past Valdes to make it 2-1 with 12 minutes to play, an amazing goal, I will upload that in the morning. We had some hope, 12 minutes to find one goal.

Just about 5 minutes to go now... still searching for that goal...

SAHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! LEAVES PIQUE FOR DEAD AND LOBS VALDES JUST LIKE RAMIRES DID!! GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! 2-2 ATLETICO! WHAT A COMEBACK! Still 6 minutes to play! BEN SAHAR! BEN SAHARRRRR WITH 2 SPECTACULAR GOALS! Lionel Messi eat your heart out, you have been upstaged, in your own ground, by a journeyman Israeli striker!

88th minute... throw in to Atletico. Substitute Nuno Sa takes it, exchanges passes with Andre, gives it off to Idrissa Gueye who crosses it in... BIABIANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! JONATHAN BIABIANY!! 3-2 ATLETICO!! THIS COULD BE THE MOST DRAMATIC TALE OF THE SEASON!!! THE GREATEST EVER COMEBACK IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HISTORY!!! NO WAIT.. OFFSIDE! FUCK OFF REF! Its a close call, a very close call, but I think he is just on line with Adriano there on the near post... judge for yourselves:

216667d3d777ab66eeff5cd305df12ec.png

So, Valdes takes the free kick. 89th minute now. Valdes uncharacteristically smashes it long.. header won by Chemmam, its a nice looping header... it sets Andre through!!! Andre is one-on-one! Hits it powerfully from outside the area... saved! Fuck. Last chance for us, we really, really needed to score that. Ah well.

Final scoreline:

4ac28d199c5dae53af78ae9d218d737e.png

Man of the match? Ben Sahar, who else! :D

Following Bayern's crushing 5-0 win over Zenit, the group is tighter than a 16 year olds front door.

a39cbf2933137a54d708674bcc527523.png

Although I have no fucking idea why the hell we are second. The rules say the first sort after points is Head-to-Head, and our record with Barca is one win, one draw, 5-3 win on aggregate.

Replay's of Sahar's absolutely amazing finishes will be up ASAP. I promise you, you will not be disappointed- they were just incredible. Mind blowing. You couldn't have written a better script though, a shitty striker, formerly with Espanyol, their huge cross-town rival, comes up with 2 finishes of that quality IN the Camp Nou, 5 minutes apart, to scrape a point after being 2-0 down. It's a miracle!

Some awful news came through after the game:

2d514464b6bba299a3ca375622add8dc.png

Abreu better heal fast. We're going to need him, big time.

@capriccioso, :clap:. Not bad. Not bad at all!

Now, go and win the group. :Goober:

Just you wait for the Sahar goals to be uploaded. And damn it, I should be top of the group! This is BS, goal difference is only the 2nd priority tie-breaker, and even if it was somehow first priority, Bayern should be ahead of me. FM is fucking around with me.

I say this with the highest amount of respect, but move over Vaguinho- there is a new King of the Tapadinha! All in all an amazing result, we could have taken that 2-0 if we didn't defend like a bunch of deserters. I wish I had started Uelliton and stuck Diarra back at centre back...

And here they are. The GOALS. The very best the Camp Nou will ever see, and Messi can eat Benny's big fat Jewish dick if he thinks he can beat these. I recommend watching in full screen, 1080p HD, you can't really see them properly unless you do that:

For those of you wondering how the hell Sahar is capable of playing like that, join the club. I'm amazed at the form he's shown since he signed, especially as he looked at best a decent player when I first looked at him as a transfer target. 13 goals he's got in 11 starts so far.

f715482ab1cc9dfa23365e33a214346a.png

As you can see, nothing special. Fairly quick, good off the ball, decent spread of technical attributes... I can't quite believe he's been this good.

First transfer window over in my new save.

Sold:

Malouda, Ferreira and Cole

Bought:

Cavani, Fellaini, Alaba, Alderweireld and also Juan Román Riquelme on a free transfer. I thought Riquelme could still do the job for a couple of seasons and a great role model for Oscar to learn from. B)

First transfer window over in my new save.

Sold:

Malouda, Ferreira and Cole

Bought:

Cavani, Fellaini, Alaba, Alderweireld and also Juan Román Riquelme on a free transfer. I thought Riquelme could still do the job for a couple of seasons and a great role model for Oscar to learn from. B)

You sold Ferreira how dare you!!!!

:Goober:

We travelled into Leningrad's cold conditions and fanatical support and beat them, 1-0, a lone goal from Andre. They dominated though, hit the post what must have been half a dozen times, missed quite a few sitters as well.

76676d3ab7b782e94253129f4d9292ac.png

And then, the biggie. Bayern Munich at the Tapadinha. Winner takes all, a draw will see us through in 2nd place. A win for Bayern see's them take 2nd place. An Atletico win see's us take first place, ahead of Barcelona. There was no incentive for either of us to play it safe.

3c7e547f5582b2e062fb295c73b3bfdd.png

We were given the lead after just 40 seconds by the most unlikely of sources, Khalil Chemmam, a rubbish Tunisian left-back I picked up on the cheap in January. Hilarious scenes ensued for the remaining 90 minutes as Bayern surged forward time after time only for MARIO FUCKING GOMEZ to turn out a performance that made his game in the CL final against us look good. Not even one shot on target, take a look at his shooting graph:

743ad82e234e75a699280e5853239fdb.png

1 simple chance that he blasted over the bar, a couple of tricky long shots that he missed by miles. One of them went out for a throw in :D

The laughs that Gomez provided weren't localised to just his finishing, though. Holger Badstuber was sent off when he hacked down Ben Sahar (who was just about to go clean through) with two feet, red card, no argument, right? Super Mario thought different and picked a fight with the ref, picked up a 2nd yellow and left Bayern 1 goal down with just 9 men :lol:

@, I've won the group. What now, biatch?! :P

We travelled into Leningrad's cold conditions and fanatical support and beat them, 1-0, a lone goal from Andre. They dominated though, hit the post what must have been half a dozen times, missed quite a few sitters as well.

76676d3ab7b782e94253129f4d9292ac.png

And then, the biggie. Bayern Munich at the Tapadinha. Winner takes all, a draw will see us through in 2nd place. A win for Bayern see's them take 2nd place. An Atletico win see's us take first place, ahead of Barcelona. There was no incentive for either of us to play it safe.

3c7e547f5582b2e062fb295c73b3bfdd.png

We were given the lead after just 40 seconds by the most unlikely of sources, Khalil Chemmam, a rubbish Tunisian left-back I picked up on the cheap in January. Hilarious scenes ensued for the remaining 90 minutes as Bayern surged forward time after time only for MARIO FUCKING GOMEZ to turn out a performance that made his game in the CL final against us look good. Not even one shot on target, take a look at his shooting graph:

743ad82e234e75a699280e5853239fdb.png

1 simple chance that he blasted over the bar, a couple of tricky long shots that he missed by miles. One of them went out for a throw in :D

The laughs that Gomez provided weren't localised to just his finishing, though. Holger Badstuber was sent off when he hacked down Ben Sahar (who was just about to go clean through) with two feet, red card, no argument, right? Super Mario thought different and picked a fight with the ref, picked up a 2nd yellow and left Bayern 1 goal down with just 9 men :lol:

@, I've won the group. What now, biatch?! :P

Wtf Bayern got Gomez sent off? Was it for time wasting every time he shot? :Goober:

Wtf Bayern got Gomez sent off? Was it for time wasting every time he shot? :Goober:

He picked up a booking from a foul earlier, and then argued with the ref when Badstuber was sent off, even though it was plainly a red, which got him the second yellow card and thus the red card. What an idiot :D

00755a6f6e11442a7519d15e5cfccce7.png

Poor Sanjoanense, I didn't want that to happen to them :(. We did set a record for our biggest ever win though, eclipsing the 8-1 win over Liverpool at Anfield last season.

The CL group stages are done. The teams that will advance to the next stage are:

Ol. Marseille

Feyenoord

Chelsea

PSG

R. Madrid

Leverkusen

Tottenham

Inter

Atletico CP

Barcelona

AC Milan

Valencia

Man Utd

Stuttgart

Celtic

Man City

So our potential opponents for the first knockout round are:

Feyenoord

PSG

Leverkusen

Inter

Valencia

Stuttgart

Man City

I fancy my chances against anyone except Man City, Inter and PSG.

00755a6f6e11442a7519d15e5cfccce7.png

Poor Sanjoanense, I didn't want that to happen to them :(. We did set a record for our biggest ever win though, eclipsing the 8-1 win over Liverpool at Anfield last season.

The CL group stages are done. The teams that will advance to the next stage are:

Ol. Marseille

Feyenoord

Chelsea

PSG

R. Madrid

Leverkusen

Tottenham

Inter

Atletico CP

Barcelona

AC Milan

Valencia

Man Utd

Stuttgart

Celtic

Man City

So our potential opponents for the first knockout round are:

Feyenoord

PSG

Leverkusen

Inter

Valencia

Stuttgart

Man City

I fancy my chances against anyone except Man City, Inter and PSG.

11-0 wow! They must be worse than Blackburn..