The FM Thread

.Cee

What's the matter? Too afraid to take up the challenge?? :Goober:

Am I?

Here we go, the huge match against Barcelona. We've no chance of a win. Courtesy of Marin Krizman's red card in Munich, we've been forced to play Alou Diarra as a makeshift centre back.

So, how did the game unfold?

764b7f9ddb0700bbc0f7efceca954063.png

An incredible start thanks to Andre the Giant, and despite being up shit creek without so much as a banana leaf to paddle with, somehow we go into half time with the lead.

Right after the break though, the referee steps in to help the reigning champion of Europe:

e5ff165b62c9bbfb9477c39708fd05cf.png

f7746beee6b5406c079fae373b429db7.png

David Villa stepped up. Experienced, rated 18 for penalties, hasn't missed one in 3 seasons..

904cd5857957a3b622859d1d8cb4dbeb.png

YES!!!! THE DIVING CUNT BLASTED IT WIDE! FUCK OFF VILLA! FUCK OFF BARCA!! Suddenly, the 9000 fans at the Tapadinha started to believe that the miracle was possible... 1-0, we were clinging onto the lead now...

52a7580881b61c63d0a5e3825d72d777.png

AND SUDDENLY THE MIRACLE APPEARED ALL BUT CERTAIN!!! Captain Alou Diarra made it 2-0 with just 20 minutes to play!

David Villa game them some hope with 4 minutes to play..

d0e5d38629b362610d662fcadb292ce6.png

6798bf152f8c431ac8a8805bef28a954.png

Before Uelliton killed them off! GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Final scoreline: 3-1

21ca44f5e4ec059b81be830574988bc7.png

Makeshift centre back? Diarra won man of the match! A goal, 7 successful tackles (out of 8 attempted), 7 successful headers out of 7 (with 3 of them described as 'Key') and 10 interceptions. I think Mr. Makeshift will get a few more outings at centre back!

I said this in last years Europa League, and I'll say it again: WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS! And best of all, Zenit held Bayern to a 2-2 draw in Leningrad, allowing us to go top of the Group!

Managing a small club really puts things in perspective. This is the sweetest win I've ever had in 7 years that I've played FM, from FM 05 to FM 12, and I doubt I'll have a better one (unless we win the CL final this year/soon).

The return leg will be a bitch. Messi will be fit for it and we could do worse than we did in Lisbon.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made a Swansea save, have the transfer updates so I have got Chico, Michu, De Guzman etc. Still have Joe Allen and Sinclair too :D Signed Bressan from BATE for 1.25 million, Steven Caulker on loan from Spuds, John Guidetti on loan from City, Nigel Rio-Coker on a free, Alan McGregor on a free and some guy from QPR who can play CB, RB and LB for 3 rising to 4 million. If your at a smallish club sign Bressan hes pretty good and usually cheaper than what I paid, he was wanted by another club so I bid higher than them to secure the deal haha.

Won all my pre-season games, some of them really quite comfortably actually. Scored over 30 goals in 6 pre-season games, conceding 8 I think, won 9-1 and 9-0 against Hartlepool and some mad funny named team so that's why I had a large amount of goals in pre-season.

Beat Chelsea 1-0 in the first game of the season, should of scored 2 or 3 because I had 14 shots, 8 on target but Hilario played amazing. They had 7 shots with 1 on target and didn't score :D.

Got United next but I will probably do the same thing and try and control the game use Sinclair and Dyer/Bressan's pace and hopefully score some goals!

Made a Swansea save.

Signed Bressan from BATE for 1.25 million, Steven Caulker on loan from Spuds, John Guidetti on loan from City, Nigel Rio-Coker on a free, Alan McGregor on a free and some guy from QPR who can play CB, RB and LB for 3 rising to 4 million.

If your at a smallish club sign Bressan hes class!

Won all my pre-season games, some of them really quite comfortably actually. Scored over 30 goals in 6 pre-season games, conceding 8 I think. Beat Chelsea 1-0 in the first game of the season, should of scored 2 or 3 because I had 14 shots, 8 on target but Hilario played amazing. They had 7 shots with 1 on target and didn't score :D. Got United next but I will probably do the same thing and try and control the game use Sinclair and Dyer/Bressan's pace and hopefully score some goals!

I'm gutted, RD :cry:

After my page after page of raving about Vaguinho, you still don't sign him :(

He would have won the league for you.

I'm gutted, RD :cry:

After my page after page of raving about Vaguinho, you still don't sign him :(

He would have won the league for you.

Is he that striker you love yeah? Well I was going to sign Carlos Fierro or whatever hes called but he doesn't want to negotiate with my club, neither does that young Cameroonian 16 year old striker from Barca :( :( :( :( So I signed John Guidetti from City on a season long loan, tried for Lukaku before but they wouldn't let me have him either :(

Sign Bressan btw, he was amazing for me in pre-season and played good against Chelsea too.

Is he that striker you love yeah? Well I was going to sign Carlos Fierro or whatever hes called but he doesn't want to negotiate with my club, neither does that young Cameroonian 16 year old striker from Barca :( :( :( :( So I signed John Guidetti from City on a season long loan, tried for Lukaku before but they wouldn't let me have him either :(

Sign Bressan btw, he was amazing for me in pre-season and played good against Chelsea too.

Virtuous Vaguinho will sign for anyone! :cry:

He'll never get a work permit. Don't worry about, I was just messing around with you ;)

I nearly signed Matias Suarez from Anderlecht for 5.5 million but he didn't qualify for a work permit :( :( :( :( :( :( I cried :( :( :( :(

Then nearly signed a striker from Mainz and he failed his medical, fucking smackheed cunt he was probably was....

Am I?

Here we go, the huge match against Barcelona. We've no chance of a win. Courtesy of Marin Krizman's red card in Munich, we've been forced to play Alou Diarra as a makeshift centre back.

Congrats! But now can you top it off with a win at the Camp Nou? :Goober:

I nearly signed Matias Suarez from Anderlecht for 5.5 million but he didn't qualify for a work permit :( :( :( :( :( :( I cried :( :( :( :(

Then nearly signed a striker from Mainz and he failed his medical, fucking smackheed cunt he was probably was....

Must have been some sort of German Adrian Mutu :Goober:

Must have been some sort of German Adrian Mutu :Goober:

Yeah probably....

Oh and Del Piero wouldn't negotiate with me. He has got like 20 corners, 20 crossing, 20 dribbling, 20 finishing, 20 technique, 20 first touch.... you could see why I wanted him.... pity he wouldn't negotiate with me :(

Yeah probably....

Oh and Del Piero wouldn't negotiate with me. He has got like 20 corners, 20 crossing, 20 dribbling, 20 finishing, 20 technique, 20 first touch.... you could see why I wanted him.... pity he wouldn't negotiate with me :(

GET RIVALDO ASAP

He's better than Messi on the game (in technique and mental attributes at least).

GET RIVALDO ASAP

He's better than Messi on the game (in technique and mental attributes at least).

Isn't Rivaldo not an attacking midfielder? I have enough of those :( Got Bressan, Michu, De Guzman, Dobbie (still somehow), Sinclair can also play there. I needed a striker thats why I wanted Del Piero :(