The FM Thread

.Cee

What's the matter? Too afraid to take up the challenge?? :Goober:

I know we aren't good enough defensively to avoid conceding at least 3 goals to a team of their talents. I know that if we attack we'll lose 6-1 or something.

We're in between a rock and a hard place. Therefore, the plan will be to cling onto a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat, so they don't fuck up my goal difference.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we aren't good enough defensively to avoid conceding at least 3 goals to a team of their talents. I know that if we attack we'll lose 6-1 or something.

We're in between a rock and a hard place.

Park the bus. Can work against Barca in FM. ;)

Not sure about that.

We've jumped out to an early lead in the Premier League. I doubt we'll win it, but we have already opened up very handy gaps on the other 4 CL contenders, we lead Sporting by 2 points, Braga by 3, Porto by 5 and Benfica by 6 (although they have a game in hand).

c864b3f517eed55fbece15fef90e4609.png

For some reason I cream everyone.... But when I play Barcelona, Bayern, RM or surprisingly OM I get spanked. They just seem to have the game of their season against me... (away from home)

Oh, oh, what's that, park the bus and restrict them to only 5 shots all game = 5-0 loss.

Play my usual formation and get tanked 4-1.

Go out and attack and lose 7-2.

Messed up, my Dortmound team were beasts, I'd suffer two defeats in the league every year (onv against FCC Bayern) and they would be undefeated. Yet the moment I start a new save in a different country Bayern finish mid table!!!

Frwaking douche bags.. ?

For some reason I cream everyone.... But when I play Barcelona, Bayern, RM or surprisingly OM I get spanked. They just seem to have the game of their season against me... (away from home)

Oh, oh, what's that, park the bus and restrict them to only 5 shots all game = 5-0 loss.

Play my usual formation and get tanked 4-1.

Go out and attack and lose 7-2.

Messed up, my Dortmound team were beasts, I'd suffer two defeats in the league every year (onv against FCC Bayern) and they would be undefeated. Yet the moment I start a new save in a different country Bayern finish mid table!!!

Frwaking douche bags..

You're not doing it correctly. :Goober:

Mind posting a screenshot of your tactics/formation settings?

Just taken over Wigan, and i fucking hate Dave Whelan already, the fucking fat tosser, selling all my players.

I hate that when you have no say in it and they just get rid, it's shocking aswell, that Diame gone for about 4 million when he's a vital player. And that's not all, Moses and Rodellaga will be gone, which is weird because all these players left in real life...

By the way i recommend anyone to get Yaya Sonago, he turns out to be the best striker in the game, and I'm being serious. His physical stats are amazing, has a shit load of pace, and he's tall, so he he's strong has about 18 headers, then 17 finishing aswell as dribbling, 18 composure, and all his other stats are good all about 15's and 14's including the passing ones and creativity etc.

He's a goal machine who also gets shit loads of assists, can outpace defenders and bully them with strength, what a TANK!. And this is all when he's 23, so fuck knows what he will be like when he's about 27 in his prime or something.

No, it never does, against anyone. The game always lets the other team score, and its always a fluke long shot, a free kick or a corner. Something you can do nothing to stop.

You can sit back a bit but there must be some attacking intent, the game punishes you if there isn't.

Heh - I love reading this, I worked with the guys who made this game for 3 years and it's so hard to build in the random factor :)

I don't know of a game that delivers more anguish than FM.

The guys making it work really long hours and are great guys, so nice to see plenty of people playing it and getting immersed in the experience :)

I don't dare start playing again - I think i would lose my real world job....

You're not doing it correctly. :Goober:

Mind posting a screenshot of your tactics/formation settings?

When I get home mate. Problem is If they have 4 shots they score, literally everytime. Actually it's just Bayern an Barca, Any other country I boss but these two guys screw me over 75% of the time.

Heh - I love reading this, I worked with the guys who made this game for 3 years and it's so hard to build in the random factor :)

The guys making it work really long hours and are great guys, so nice to see plenty of people playing it and getting immersed in the experience :)

I've not played it in years, got hooked from day one with Championship Manager.

Little more settled now (polite way to say my girlfriend stops me going out as much), so I picked it up about 3 months ago. Such a good game, this and Skyrim have literally seen me waste hundreds of hours happily clicking a mouse button!! lol

I've not played it in years, got hooked from day one with Championship Manager.

Little more settled now (polite way to say my girlfriend stops me going out as much), so I picked it up about 3 months ago. Such a good game, this and Skyrim have literally seen me waste hundreds of hours happily clicking a mouse button!! lol

LOL - that sounds identical to my situation!

I met my missus in-between Oblivion and Skyrim - and she couldn't believe how many hours I spent on Skyrim - and now Counterstrike Global Offensive BETA (CS:GO)...

She moans about my time on the forum and the constant football on TV - it has been a great summer ;) - so adding FM into the mix might really see me in the doghouse...

CM3/4 was my favourite - players like Freddy Rincorn, Peter Smith, Oleg Luzhny (who Arsenal signed) etc...

No, it never does, against anyone. The game always lets the other team score, and its always a fluke long shot, a free kick or a corner. Something you can do nothing to stop.

You can sit back a bit but there must be some attacking intent, the game punishes you if there isn't.

Of course I don't really mean you should just park the bus and be defensive from start to finish. Need to be offensive a bit but mainly defensive.

Don't blame you mate, it's not hard to get hooked on the game, that was me at first, now i become bored of it straight away, i usually play it about 2 hours a day, and probably not everyday aswell when i have football on.

Don't blame you mate, it's not hard to get hooked on the game, that was me at first, now i become bored of it straight away, i usually play it about 2 hours a day, and probably not everyday aswell when i have football on.

Yup - I don't think I can go back to it - I've had plenty of opportunities - get a free version every year... I think I'm happy with my 'memories' :)

Still on CS though...

Of course I don't really mean you should just park the bus and be defensive from start to finish. Need to be offensive a bit but mainly defensive.

I have devised a new, radical strategy for defeating Barcelona. I call it 'The Bruiser'.

It involves setting all my players to hard tackling and man marking for the first 15 minutes. The theory is to injure as many Barcelona players as possible so that they run out of substitutions and have to play without their best possible team/without 11 players.

b77e06e919cb72df3df4f90514438671.png

e0ba41468d98177073d50c1e5bc6407f.png

A disappointing defeat. We performed below our best but it was still a decent showing- you don't just take 17 shots against Bayern Munich if you're playing diabolically bad. They just had one of those days where everything went right for them. Jennings caught us napping after 50 seconds. Kroos knocked the stuffing out of us with a freak long shot.

We were much better in the second half defensively, we hardly gave them anything, but Krizman's sending off meant we had to play with just 3 recognised defenders and John Obi Mikel at centre back. Also when Andre scored I decided to give it everything to see if we could nick a vital point, but they got us on the counter.

We really needed a point here. Bayern leapfrog us into 2nd on head-to-head, we now have 2 games back-to-back againt Barcelona, where we'll be lucky to pick up a point. Bayern meanwhile play 2 back-to-back against Zenit, and could open up a huge lead on us. We'll have to beat Bayern by 2 goals on matchday 5 at the Tapadinha and then beat Zenit in Leningrad, and hope Barcelona stuff them on the final matchday. Alternatively, if Zenit could take some points off Bayern, that'd be great.

On the plus side though, we are absolutely invincible in the league:

2f1324bea9e1ee54638398f974780f4e.png

The big surprises (other than the fact that we're defending, for a change, rather than letting teams to score whenever they want- first time in 4 seasons this has happened) are that Gil Vicente find themselves in the Europa League spots and Vitoria Guimares are down the bottom duking it out with the relegation battlers.