Wolves 1-2 Chelsea

James

I am so relieved that we got all three points. Wolves did fuck all for the pretty much the entire game, but yet seemed to take advantage of our usual post-80th minute defensive slumber. Dare I say we played fairly well, especially whence compared to the past couple matches. Granted, we were aided by Mick McCarthy's decision/gamble to actually try and play some proper football instead of parking the bus. Credit to him. Outside of the 3 points, I would say I was most pleased with the passing. One and two touch passes that generally had purpose and accuracy. It was far from perfect, but was a marked improvement in style and sharpness.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy:

"I'm livid and disgusted. I should be talking about a well-earned point. We've given it away. Frank Lampard should not have been unmarked and putting the ball into the net. Defend the cross properly. We should have had a 1-1 draw."

No Mick, you deserved absolutely nothing from this game. You were vastly outplayed and did very little to create anything.

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy:

"I'm livid and disgusted. I should be talking about a well-earned point. We've given it away. Frank Lampard should not have been unmarked and putting the ball into the net. Defend the cross properly. We should have had a 1-1 draw."

No Mick, you deserved absolutely nothing from this game. You were vastly outplayed and did very little to create anything.

Least he's blamed his team not the ref...nice change there for a Manager

Our dear friend Mr. Hansen just said on MOTD that we will struggle to finish top 4 this season. Fucking scouser thinks liverpool have a chance.

Lol. He's right though mate. If we carry on the way we are it's going to be a struggle don't kid yourself it will be any other way. Unless we get tighter at the back and use Mata more central with Torres playing like he did today but with goals in his game, then it will be a struggle no 2 ways about it!

Lol. He's right though mate. If we carry on the way we are it's going to be a struggle don't kid yourself it will be any other way. Unless we get tighter at the back and use Mata more central with Torres playing like he did today but with goals in his game, then it will be a struggle no 2 ways about it!

Well Arsenal and liverpool aint doing much better.

Our defending during set-pieces scares the SHIT out of me. I don't get how we can be so disorganized and so many players can be ball-watching every single time.

Luiz was very good too, doesn't get mentioned when he does well but gets a tap from everyone and their dog on a mistake.

Very true but the commentator did make a good point - he plays superbly for almost the entire game but one slip in concentration almost gifted them with a goal; referring to that LampardvsVilla-esque pass that he almost presented to the Wolves player. If the Wolves guy (was it Fletcher?) had been able to control it, he would have been clear.

As for Torres yes he has been very good these last 2 games but we need to be realistic, it will only take one thing going wrong to start him slumping and sucking again. The idea of him as a number 10 isn't that bad. If im going to be honest their was a few times today where he was 1 on 1 with the defender and a few years ago his pace would have put him through on goal it was quite frustrating to see if im honest. Just not sure if he has the same quick pace to be a #9 anymore :(

Was very good today and even against Villa he was our best performer imo. He's very quick and pretty strong which are the attributes a modern footballer, especially a defender. Not sure what'll happen when or if Cahill comes.

Cahill will only be a back up, can't see him ever being first choice for us.