Wolves 1-2 Chelsea

James

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy, we needed this... It wasn't a great match, but we win... Thanks for Čech's save in the end... Torres was great... Rambo, what an atlet... Lamps is a fuc*ing hero...

This could only help us and I believe in better tommorows...

Love you, Chels...

if not for torres, we might have lost. he created most of the chances

Yep but Wolves were poor for a Wolves team

Just dont mention how much like the wigan game this was - loads of possession, plenty of chances.

Difference was we actually took 2 of them

Just dont mention how 2 wolves players both got unmarked headers in at the end!

Still problems. Jose Bosingwa's defending for the Wolves goal was comical, still not enough of a cutting edge and its a sad indictment of the squad that our replacement winger for Sturridge is central midfielder Ramires. Still though the negatives aside it was a hard fought and crucially important win.

It was fantastic to see the lads celebrate with AVB and the backroom staff, clearly they believe in what AVB is trying to accomplish at the club, give him the time and the financial backing and I think we will be a genuine superpower again.

Some good performances all round.

Cech made an incredible last minute save. Terry and Luiz both played well at the back, Cole defended very well and got the assist for the winner with a vintage Ashley Cole cross, Romeu shielded the back four well and distributed the ball as well as we have come to expect, Lampard scored a typical Frank Lampard goal, Ramires is quite breathtaking to watch, the sheer energy he provides, whether it be out wide or in the middle is so crucial to the side, Mata was far better today than against Villa, drifted inside, created, linked up the play, it was a polished display from the Spaniard.

But my pick for MOTM is Fernando Torres. I haven't been his biggest fan, his displays have often left me downright depressed but today he was excellent. Dropped deep, drifted out wide, ran the channels, ok he probably isn't the goal threat that we expected but his general play was far better tody than he is usually given credit for, his passing was slick and clever, his movement very good, his ideas quite creative, his ball through to Cole set up the winner and he was rightly applauded for that by his teammates, his work rate was top notch and like the Torres during his Liverpool prime, got about the pitch and made his presence felt. It is probably too soon to say that "now Torres is back" but it is an encouraging display. Something that I did think in the game though was, if we got 2 wide men who offered genuine penetration and pace down the flanks and actually stayed out wide and we got a creative player in the middle of the pitch, it would stretch back four's giving Torres more space to run into between full back and centre back and if we had a creative player behind him (Mata) he would be able to slip the passes into Torres and there would be no need for him to drop as deep and play as the creative player. But until we sign the quality players required, that is just a dream.

Anyway important, and in some respects, encouraging win.