Wolves 1-2 Chelsea

James

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck me, drogs is going to the cup of nations as well, do you know how long he is gone for?

some fitness problems - nothing more. Think we would have gone with a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 for longer otherwise. Played all right with it today, most of the half-time attack was interrupted by the ref's stupidity with what is and what is not a foul, pretty much messed up our mometnum in our attacks.

Luiz was very good too, doesn't get mentioned when he does well but gets a tap from everyone and their dog on a mistake.

I agree. He played well against Villa too, but that moment during their 2nd goal ruined it all.

MOTM for me was Ramires....

Torres deserves to be commended for his work-rate and playing for his team-mates...Tracked back several times and passed the ball to set up chances..Very similar to Drogba in those aspects...

Special mention to Lampard, Cole, Bosingwa (even if his faulty clearance led to the equalizer) and of course, Romeu for composure and effort

just one question- which team was bosingwa playin for today? not just the goal we conceded was the moment he was at fault but even the first chance that wolves had (a header in first half) was abysmal.

Terrible clearance for the equalizer but you can't blame him today for his work-rate..He kept the momentum going down that right flank, and this was important considering how tired some of the other players were after consecutive fixtures...

Terrible clearance for the equalizer but you can't blame him today for his work-rate..He kept the momentum going down that right flank, and this was important considering how tired some of the other players were after consecutive fixtures...

No work-rate in the world would make up for his inability to defend.

MOTM for me was Ramires....

Torres deserves to be commended for his work-rate and playing for his team-mates...Tracked back several times and passed the ball to set up chances..Very similar to Drogba in those aspects...

Special mention to Lampard, Cole, Bosingwa (even if his faulty clearance led to the equalizer) and of course, Romeu for composure and effort

Ramires? with his awful passes and crosses today?

Still problems. Jose Bosingwa's defending for the Wolves goal was comical, still not enough of a cutting edge and its a sad indictment of the squad that our replacement winger for Sturridge is central midfielder Ramires. Still though the negatives aside it was a hard fought and crucially important win.

It was fantastic to see the lads celebrate with AVB and the backroom staff, clearly they believe in what AVB is trying to accomplish at the club, give him the time and the financial backing and I think we will be a genuine superpower again.

Some good performances all round.

Cech made an incredible last minute save. Terry and Luiz both played well at the back, Cole defended very well and got the assist for the winner with a vintage Ashley Cole cross, Romeu shielded the back four well and distributed the ball as well as we have come to expect, Lampard scored a typical Frank Lampard goal, Ramires is quite breathtaking to watch, the sheer energy he provides, whether it be out wide or in the middle is so crucial to the side, Mata was far better today than against Villa, drifted inside, created, linked up the play, it was a polished display from the Spaniard.

But my pick for MOTM is Fernando Torres. I haven't been his biggest fan, his displays have often left me downright depressed but today he was excellent. Dropped deep, drifted out wide, ran the channels, ok he probably isn't the goal threat that we expected but his general play was far better tody than he is usually given credit for, his passing was slick and clever, his movement very good, his ideas quite creative, his ball through to Cole set up the winner and he was rightly applauded for that by his teammates, his work rate was top notch and like the Torres during his Liverpool prime, got about the pitch and made his presence felt. It is probably too soon to say that "now Torres is back" but it is an encouraging display. Something that I did think in the game though was, if we got 2 wide men who offered genuine penetration and pace down the flanks and actually stayed out wide and we got a creative player in the middle of the pitch, it would stretch back four's giving Torres more space to run into between full back and centre back and if we had a creative player behind him (Mata) he would be able to slip the passes into Torres and there would be no need for him to drop as deep and play as the creative player. But until we sign the quality players required, that is just a dream.

Anyway important, and in some respects, encouraging win.

Agree with all that, but who's job was it to pick up the 2 wolves players that forced a great save from Cech?

Hopefully Luiz will grow into a good defender and not just a good ball playing player

Ramires - still on the fence for me - needs to do finish better with the chances he creates himself

Romeu and Mata are the template alright.

Need some decent wingers as both Mata and Danny like to drift inside and a creative midfielder for when Mata gets injured

Meireles is doing an ok job, but the reality is he isnt really top top draw.

This is Mata's first season - he's going to be frightening good in years to come and the closet thing to Zola we have had in a long long time

Lucky to steal the win right in the end.... Almost screwed it up again.

Cannot imagine if we did not score the winner what the general feeling would be...

Still feel our pace and passing is too pedestrian most of the time... Our possession has no cutting edge...

In my opinion we can not create any real chances simply because we play too narrow... We desperately need quick out and wingers,,, Speed is the key,,,,

If a winger is going crazy running fast with the ball, that will force the other players to bust their guts to get ahead... ATM there is no one doing that, so everyone plays at the same pace.... That makes us very one dimensional and other teams can cope with us, and score a goal eventually....

But when Ramires goes on one of his pacy runs, have you noticed that NO ONE runs and tries to get in there?? He is always forced to shoot or play back.

Mata is creative, but is losing his pace and urgency.... maybe he needs a game off to rest....he has played every game since he came....that is alot of game time without a break....It will help him....

Buy a pacy winger,,,,If AVB buys a skillful winger who doesnt have pace,,,,that will be a FAIL. we need pace ....for the teams sake....

Torres is good but sulks too much,,,,thats the only thing i dont like about him....

He had a good game tho....

Bosingwa out. He has simply got to go. Our defense will never regain confidence till he practices and plays with them.

Glad to see alot of the deadwood out.... not even on the bench.

Next 3 games vital. If we get 9 points i think the gap to 1st should reduce to maybe 7 points or so..... That should motivate players towards the title and change the current mindset of top 4, which is a substandard ambition.... Even though we might not realistically be challenging fo r the title, the urgency will only come if the players are thinking about closing the gap with 1st, rather than 4th.

Come on Blues!