Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

22 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I was thinking this as well. Sure he has a decent release clause?

edit: found out he signed a new contract this summer. 65m euros release clause. 

Didn't know he signed a new contract. I just remembered that he had a release clause around 40m. 

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Remember he suffered that terrible knee injury just before the Euro's? City were after him but then the injury happened so they moved on.

Ah dang, totally forgot about that. Didn't really cross my mind why he wasn't even in the French team. Thanks

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Remember he suffered that terrible knee injury just before the Euro's? City were after him but then the injury happened so they moved on.

Actually he has asked the club to renew his contract and increase the release clause at £60m. Athletic is one of the most prestigious clubs in Spain and their players feel proud to wear that shirt because the whole community is behind them, no matter what. The club is a cult in Bilbao with probably the most loyal fans in the country. Laporte's interviews have always been music to Athletic's fans ears, he showes them utter respect and they adore him for that. Not only once he's stated that he does not care about money and fame and would play for Athletic for his entire career. A lot of players have rejected big money offers from top clubs during recent times (Susaeta, Iraola, De Marcos) and the best example is Julen Guerrero when Bayern Munchen was ready to trade the moon and the sun for him and he did not even want to hear about leaving the city. Llorente and Ander Herrera are different cases because they were greedy and asked for too much money to renew their contracts. 

Just now, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Is no one else concerned that we arent even being linked with a fullback?

Yep, I am. I have been since Rahman was sent out and now it sounds as if Kenedy is too.

I'm a tad more relaxed about bringing in a fullback compared to how I'm nervous as hell about a CB. There's just no way we can go a whole season with only Azpi, Aina, and Ivanovic the makeshift RB. Someone is coming in for sure.

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm a tad more relaxed about bringing in a fullback compared to how I'm nervous as hell about a CB. There's just no way we can go a whole season with only Azpi, Aina, and Ivanovic the makeshift RB. Someone is coming in for sure.

I didnt see a single reliable source linking us with a FB, tho :(

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Would you really put it beyond us? I'm not so confident as of now. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong quite soon.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the lack of transfers and especially the lack of "interest" in a central defender and a left/right back. 

Of course we're linked with Koulibaly and he might end up at Stamford Bridge at the end of the week if his agent was hinting at it. He and Zouma would be a perfect central 2. An impenetrable black wall lol. However, we still got Azpillicueta on the left which is NOT his favourite position and Iva on the right who I think is absolutely done and needs to be sold or placed on the bench. 

Azpi needs to move to the right and we need a new left back. Just imagine, our defence would be SO MUCH better. 

Also, it seems that Traore is about to join Dutch side Ajax on a season long loan. Remy is absolutely garbage so we end up with only 2 real strikers: Diego and Michy. You cannot enter the League with just 2 strikers and a phony striker like RLC. So I would be very happy if we could get Lukaku back. Could be happening as long as Everton sign Bony from Citeh... 

Hope we survive WHU on monday as I think more new players come in after that game. 

30 minutes ago, Dingus said:

What is even more depressing is the fact that we are NOT going to sign Lukaku or Icardi or whoever and that useless fuck Remy stays as 3th striker.