Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Surely to god there has to be some movement on transfers both in and out starting this week, surely. The window closes in 3 weeks, but that shouldn't even be our yard stick, our league campaign by end of August could be severely dented if we don't fetch in more strength and depth to this team ASAP. I'm not saying it can all be lost in August but by god it could be an up hill task. I'm sure they are working hard but I am seriously growing more and more annoyed that we have strengthened areas as weak and piss poor as our back line.

With ease we seem to ship out, but incoming is like fucking toothache.

With Conte saying that JT was important to us whether he was playing or not made me think he might not be. Now we got to get him thinking like that about Iva and Cahill (I said I wouldn't go on about our shite defence again but its so fuckin hard to break a habbit)

On 06/08/2016 at 5:42 PM, The Skipper said:

That figure is inaccurate as it looks like it includes the Torres and Luiz transfer deals in them. Emenalo became TD in the summer, not the winter. Poor, poor article with clear bias. 

Jose would have found a way to shield that back four. Just  as he did the year before when winning the league by such a comfortable margin. He wanted  defensive recruits but didn't get them. Even so, had he not been abandoned by the squad, he'd have produced another competitive season.

Jose left in part because of his stupid behaviour over the Eva incident but mainly because our squad believed their own hype. They felt they were too good to play the Jose way  even though that 'way' was designed specifically to hide their shortcomings. Oh well, they behaved as they did. The upshot of which is that the whole world now knows how useless some of them are.

Edit: Just noticed that I must have quoted the wrong post, since my comment has nothing to do with Skipper's. :)

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose would have found a way to shield that back four. Just  as he did the year before when winning the league by such a comfortable margin. He wanted  defensive recruits but didn't get them. Even so, had he not been abandoned by the squad, he'd have produced another competitive season.

Jose left in part because of his stupid behaviour over the Eva incident but mainly because our squad believed their own hype. They felt they were too good to play the Jose way  even though that 'way' was designed specifically to hide their shortcomings. Oh well, they behaved as they did. The upshot of which is that the whole world now knows how useless some of them are.

Nonsense, they didn't have the energy or confidence to grind out another title, with Jose's dogshit tactics and poisonous atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Nonsense, they didn't have the energy or confidence to grind out another title, with Jose's dogshit tactics and poisonous atmosphere. 

To you my view seems nonsense. To me yours seems nonsense. I don't see how you and I are going to square that circle.

Nice text, man! It's annoying to write a text and then receiving a 'bullshit' and other unnecessary stuff as response.

What i've seen so far from Matic doesn't convince me at all, if he can't shield properly, he has to be on the bench, imo. Big disappointment, imo.

A few days ago i read a text in which you mentioned overall difficulties in signing players without release clauses. Quite interesting, but if it really were that difficult, why did they send Aké away for another season on loan?

What do you make of all this? Do you think the club will enter the season with the current bunch?

Regards!

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To you my view seems nonsense. To me yours seems nonsense. I don't see how you and I are going to square that circle.

You can't really dismiss the bad tactics and atmosphere though. The player revolt on the other hand is plausible at best

The two encouraging things are that we have a top Italian manager and he is reported to want four more signings this window.

If those four are defenders and another CM, I'll be quite content (also assuming they're mostly top quality players, or those with high potential and strong physique). The reality is that Chelsea need 4 new defenders and one more CM.

Rumours on Big Rom returning aren't bad either, but I hope that the four signings are at the back of the formation.

21 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

The two encouraging things are that we have a top Italian manager and he is reported to want four more signings this window.

If those four are defenders and another CM, I'll be quite content (also assuming they're mostly top quality players, or those with high potential and strong physique). The reality is that Chelsea need 4 new defenders and one more CM.

Rumours on Big Rom returning aren't bad either, but I hope that the four signings are at the back of the formation.

We all know that these 4 new signings aren't going to happen or when it happens, it'll be worthless players like Miazga.

14 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

We all know that these 4 new signings aren't going to happen or when it happens, it'll be worthless players like Miazga.

With them in N.London now needing a CB even more than before I think we might need to dig deep and pay asking prices (which is what we should have done anyway)

With JT/Cahil/Iva how can they get inspired with the passion that Conte is asking from the lads. They are in the position where they know they cant be replaced cause we dont fuckin have nobody else to do it!

Yes JT is useful - in the changing room and in training. Get him in player moral management. As cor Cahil.Iva I doint care who you put in front or beside them they need upgrading.

ANY team we will play realise how weak we are in defence so no matter how good we are up front we will always let in goals. And I doubt if anyone would disagree.

On 8/7/2016 at 2:35 PM, Unionjack said:

You missed Moses and hes really impressed me both this preseason and last year. Him and Cuadrado offer us great alternatives to Eden/Willian and I might even give the RW to Cuadrado iver Willian. Hes much more direct and loves running straight at defenders putting them off balance. Hes re joined us a different player. Juve has been great for him. I just hope we now dont sell him on!

Honestly I've forgotten him at the moment of writing, though he always impresses me in pre season. Hopefully he stays, but somehow I can't see it. Club will probably sell him to some mid table club for a couple of million and thank him for his great (pre season) service. I hope I'm wrong.

Moses and Cuadrado are great players to have on the right wing when we need some crosses in and some old styled wing play. I hope we don't lose that.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well, if this is what it came down to then Jose still failed. It's a manager's job to keep his team grounded and focused. Jose failed massively in that aspect. Whatever happened, going from champions to 17th in the league when he left is utterly unacceptable. The team of players we had is certainly better than that. Your argument would have a lot more merit if we were hovering outside the CL spots under him. Even top 8. But we were 17th when he left. 

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Well, if this is what it came down to then Jose still failed. It's a manager's job to keep his team grounded and focused. Jose failed massively in that aspect. Whatever happened, going from champions to 17th in the league when he left is utterly unacceptable. The team of players we had is certainly better than that. Your argument would have a lot more merit if we were hovering outside the CL spots under him. Even top 8. But we were 17th when he left. 

This is why I mentioned the Eva incident.

There was, I think, discernible dissatisfaction within the squad about the tactical change Jose made after the Tottenham game in January 2015. A dissatisfaction which had already manifested itself in pre-season but which was given focus, and rallying point, by Jose's behaviour during and after the opening game of the season.

You are absolutely correct that it is the manager's  responsibility  to maintain squad  morale. Jose clearly lost the group and paid, as managers must always pay, with his job. This does not however absolve The squad of its share of the blame.

The title win is clear evidence that our squad is better than 17th. Had it not "betrayed our work", as Jose put it, 17th would have been out of the question. Do you believe however that any other manager could have taken that group of players to an eight point title triumph? I don't but they clearly did. I hope they realise now that they were wrong and lest anyone imagine that the title was a fluke please remember that an even weaker group of players were still title favourites three weeks from the end of the previous season. Had they managed to win all of their games from that point on, the 2014/15 victory would have been a successful title defence, not a first crown in five years.

When The Beatles  thought they had outgrown George Martin and produced an album without him, the outcome, Let It Be, was, I think, a good bit of work. The Beatles are The Beatles after all  but when they asked  Martin to return for their next  LP, and agreed to allow him the control he  requested, the level of control he had had previously, they created the Abbey Road masterpiece.

Our lot got carried away. They thought they were the Beatles  in full creative flow  and demanded to be let off the leash. You only have to read the urgent pleas on this site for many of them to be discarded and replaced  to realise that they are not  however . In any case even the Beatles were better when they accepted guidance. 

Daley Blind is apparently unwanted by Jose. I think he's an excellent player worth having. One of the better passers in the Prem IMO, very tactically/spacially-aware and still 26 y.o.

Who would have him at Chelsea?

Not me. Sorry, to me he is just another Cesc and Cesc is a better passer.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

Daley Blind is apparently unwanted by Jose. I think he's an excellent player worth having. One of the better passers in the Prem IMO, very tactically/spacially-aware and still 26 y.o.

Who would have him at Chelsea?

Not the board, which is most important.