Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

MVG was never the solution for our midfield problem so early. Needs to improve a lot.

We don't know that. We can't know that. His injury has created many what if scenarios. It's unfair on him to say that he wouldn't have improved enough to be a started by now, if it weren't for his injury.

We don't know that. We can't know that. His injury has created many what if scenarios. It's unfair on him to say that he wouldn't have improved enough to be a started by now, if it weren't for his injury.

His injury decreased our depth in midfield. I remember when we signed MVG, there were reports that Chelsea's scouts liked his raw ability..and that he was a project..

Chelsea needed a classy midfielder like Strootman (at Roma at the moment)..rather than MVG right now.

He bought a young, inexperienced player to keep Lampard's ego tamed. He's playing the price for that. Our midfield has been a disaster.

There are a lot of assumptions in that post. Can you prove that was the reason? Otherwise I don't really believe you.

There are a lot of assumptions in that post. Can you prove that was the reason? Otherwise I don't really believe you.

Assumptions or axioms?

We were very close to signing one of Luis Gustavo / De Rossi / Etc. but Mourinho pulled the plug on it because, as many reports during the summer stated, he wanted Lampard in his first 11 week in week out. And he knew if he signed one of those players that wouldn't be possible. Hence he signed Van Ginkel.

If i was offered Witsel to be wearing Chelsea blue next month but no one else signs, i would accept without thinking, get that CM in and we can sort anything else out next summer.

What i would like to see (starting next season at the latest) is Jose using one bench slot for a young player he has big plans for and bring them on when we are winning comfortably, if you do that 10 times, it all adds up. I wish he was doing it now with Kalas and Omerou to be honest.

Assumptions or axioms?

We were very close to signing one of Luis Gustavo / De Rossi / Etc. but Mourinho pulled the plug on it because, as many reports during the summer stated, he wanted Lampard in his first 11 week in week out. And he knew if he signed one of those players that wouldn't be possible. Hence he signed Van Ginkel.

And what does make this so apparent to make it an axiom?

That's what you tell yourself...

Gab Marcotti wrote an article and spoke about it back in the summer on ESPN. Along with many others.

How does Gab Marcotti know? Did he himself speak to Mourinho and the board to ascertain if van Ginkel was bought to satiate Lampard's ego?

Besides why don't you post the articles?

There not lies. Is Lampard starting nearly every game because he deserves to? No

Lampard is the starting CM because Jose/the board failed to bring in a quality CM and Mikel isn't consistent enough to control the midfield.

Sorry, but he implied that we didn't bring in a midfielder because Mourinho wanted to keep Lampard's ego tamed. That is a lie. He is a liar.

Lampard is starting games because we have no-one else who can. He isn't perfect and he's had poor games, but the other options are either not much better or non-existent.

Assumptions or axioms?

Which reports exactly? :lol:

Plus i have just googled Luis Gustavo and Chelsea, the only 'reports' i can see are that he turned us down, not the other way round.

Sorry, but he implied that we didn't bring in a midfielder because Mourinho wanted to keep Lampard's ego tamed. That is a lie. He is a liar.

Lampard is starting games because we have no-one else who can. He isn't perfect and he's had poor games, but the other options are either not much better or non-existent.

My apologies...didn't understand what you meant when you said "Lies".

Hope we add some steel to the midfield in January as that could be the difference between winning the PL & finishing 2nd/3rd

And what does make this so apparent to make it an axiom?

How does Gab Marcotti know? Did he himself speak to Mourinho and the board to ascertain if van Ginkel was bought to satiate Lampard's ego?

Besides why don't you post the articles?

Well, Lampard has been playing every game. We ended up not signing a senior player in that position and bought a young lad who wasn't brought in to be in the first 11. Basically everything he - along with others - said came true on the evidence so far.

I can't be bothered really, people can always google it themselves. They can go on youtube and look for Press Pass FC videos where the subject was discussed as well...

Yes because Lampard's persona is so perfect he'll be canonised right? It's not like his ego toppled 2 or 3 managers or anything when they tried to move him on...

Well, Lampard has been playing every game. We ended up not signing a senior player in that position and bought a young lad who wasn't brought in to be in the first 11. Basically everything he - along with others - said came true on the evidence so far.

I can't be bothered really, people can always google it themselves. They can go on youtube and look for Press Pass FC videos where the subject was discussed as well...

Given the circumstances of Marco van Ginkel it's unfair to say that wouldn't be in the starting XI if it weren't for his injury. It is uncertain that if he were uninjured that he would still be a bench player.

Well you are the one that brought it into the conversation, I would have thought you would have the common courtesy to share the links. I don't see why I should have to go on a hunt for sources that you have used to justify your statements.