Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Oh, I’m certainly not worried about them. Just think they’re actually being smart. I really rate Ben White even thought like 90% of the comments I see from Arse fans on Twitter are slating him and calling him a massive waste of money.

Arse will be zero threat to the very top of the league no matter who they buy. But they should be improved.

Maybe but if they are going to go for young players and build their team up, its going to take them a while to even compete for top 4 properly I think. Maybe 2 seasons.

They do need a couple of top players who are say 24-27 and can make an instant impact, particularly at CB and another one in midfield as Partey was in and out.

I think maybe its more the shock their signing a 50m CB when they need so many player 😂 Is he worth 50m? Not right now, maybe never but hes English plays every week for a team who finished 16th although they’d only conceded 46 goals surprisingly. I think most teams fans would be annoyed at spending 50m on him.

3 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Its something that Marina and co do very very well, in most cases, recouping £. 

Other than bamboozling RM once and AM (and Costa could have blown up in our face) twice (Oscar to China was not her deal in terms of her as sole architect, she did not have that level of power then) we have been horrific at getting value from our insane number of shit buys, plus refused sales for a shedload of cash. £400m and crusing towards £500m to the bad. Marina doesn't bear responsibility for the targeting of shit buys, but she does  bear a lot for these crazy turn downs (plus wtf was with Kepa getting a SEVEN year contract????).

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Very good player for Villa, improved his goals and assists this season but still only got 6 league goals & 10 league assists.

He missed last 3 months of the season. If you look his minutes he played mins equal to 24 games. 6 goals, 10 assists and 2 pens won in that time is absolutely great. Only KDB, Bruno and Kane finished with more assists but still close so if he did not get injured he would definitely end on top. In February I thought he would win POTY but that award usually goes to player from champion's team. 

Players like him get free pass at defending. I mean, he is the closest thing to Ronaldinho from 03-06. 

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Manchester United nearing agreement with Dortmund to sign Jadon Sancho

https://theathletic.com/2672944/2021/06/25/manchester-united-nearing-agreement-with-dortmund-to-sign-jadon-sancho/

GettyImages-1325227897-scaled-e1624624674306-1024x682.jpg

Manchester United have made further progress in negotiations with Borussia Dortmund to sign Jadon Sancho and although a deal is not yet done, the clubs are understood to be nearing an agreement.

United have been chasing Sancho, who is part of the England squad for Euro 2020, for an extended period. Discussions stalled 12 months ago when Germany’s Dortmund demanded €120 million (£110 million) for the winger, without room for manoeuvre.

But there has been more willingness to find a solution this summer and it is understood the haggling is now down to single-digit millions, with an expectation that an agreement will be struck.

Dortmund initially pushed for close to €100 million, yet have more recently indicated a willingness to do a deal at €95 million.

United’s first offer for the former Manchester City academy winger was based on a guaranteed €78 million, with a second bid this week proposing €85 million.

A compromise is needed and sources feel a fee of around €90 million would clinch the deal. Instalments and add-ons are also under discussion, due to tight budgets at United.

An agreement could be reached during the European Championship, with the formal side of the transfer resolved post-tournament — COVID-19 bubbles are an issue for medicals, for example.

Sancho is also focused on his role for England, so there is not a major rush to resolve his future during the competition. But all sides are working to a timely conclusion.

The 21-year-old will be hoping for more involvement at the Euros during the knockout stages, which sees a last-16 meeting with Germany at Wembley on Tuesday. He made just one six-minute substitute appearance for Gareth Southgate’s side in the three group matches.

Sancho has, however, starred for Dortmund since making the switch from City in the summer of 2017. He has scored 50 goals in 137 appearances for the German heavyweights, and helped them win the German Cup last season.

Sancho finished the season on a hot streak of 13 goals in his last 21 games.

The south London-born forward began his career with Watford before joining City in 2015. He spent just over two years there before moving to Dortmund.

United’s manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made it clear he wants new faces this summer after his side finished second in the Premier League, 12 points adrift of champions City.

Solskjaer has said: “If we want to take up the challenge with Manchester City, we need to strengthen our squad.”

Talks over Kieran Trippier, though, have cooled.

United had expressed a willingness to bid £10 million for the England full-back, who turns 31 in September, but Atletico Madrid are said to be holding out for £28 million, with sources indicating he has two years left on his contract in the Spanish capital.

Diogo Dalot, who played the last 11 minutes for Portugal during their Euro 2020 draw with France on Tuesday, is being mentioned by Old Trafford and executives as a viable right-back option in Solskjaer’s side when intermediaries enquire about United’s requirements in the market. The 22-year-old spent last season out on loan at AC Milan.

Brandon Williams, meanwhile, is available on loan after the 20-year-old started just two Premier League matches last season.

There are also ongoing talks with Paul Pogba over a new contract. But there is an expectation they will take time, with all options open to the France playmaker. United want him to stay.

He’s going to be annoyingly effective with Penandes and Pogba feeding him between the lines. And we thought United were awarded an absurd number of pens last season? Imagine how many a quick, highly skilled wide player like Sancho will win.

56 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He missed last 3 months of the season. If you look his minutes he played mins equal to 24 games. 6 goals, 10 assists and 2 pens won in that time is absolutely great. Only KDB, Bruno and Kane finished with more assists but still close so if he did not get injured he would definitely end on top. In February I thought he would win POTY but that award usually goes to player from champion's team. 

Players like him get free pass at defending. I mean, he is the closest thing to Ronaldinho from 03-06. 

I think thats a bit OTT the Ronaldonho comparison maybe but regardless, lets be clear, this “free pass” won’t happen at City. Not a chance in hell. Thats a guarantee. And why would he at a team who keep so many clean sheets by being so good off the ball? The way football is now, with every coach obsessed with pressing to the intensity of teams like Liverpool, City, RB Leipzig, Bayern etc you cannot afford to give 1 player a free pass. Except maybe Messi and Ronaldo. I mean even Pep got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco in his first season at Barca…. two players who weren’t notoriously known for working hard off the ball.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Transfer update from SSN today. Nothing regarding us.

kane to shity, sancho to ManUre both almost done. grealish to shity a possibility. Other than that only boring bundesliga transfers.

Edited by Magic Lamps

36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Transfer update from SSN today. Nothing regarding us.

kane to shity, sancho to ManUre both almost done. grealish to shity a possibility. Other than that only boring bundesliga transfers.

I disagree.☝️that's a fantastic signing for Chelsea.