Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Barcelona terminated conrtact of Brasilian midfielder Matheus Fernandes today, whom they bought for 7 million Euros and played only 17 minutes for the club. Contract was originally valid till 2025.. Quite strange, but even stranger official communication:

FC Barcelona has informed Brazilian player Matheus Fernandes that the club no longer requires his services and is terminating the contract he had until June 2025.

No longer require their services :D

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

What a great move. €23m is a steal if he does anything near to what he did last season. 

Honestly someone bigger would of gambled for that price (had Atletico Madrid or Dortmund written all over it I felt) and may turn out smart business for Leipzig if he has another good season that builds on his last 2/3 years in Germany and Spain, then they’ll undoubtedly make profit on resale. 

Teams were probably wary due to his stint at Milan & Sevilla to a lesser extent. Haller & Jovic had similar numbers at the same club & haven't exactly done much since.

10 hours ago, Jas said:

That certainly removes a potential replacement option for Dortmund this summer...

Re-signing Isak would be the best option to them. However, I can't see them spending that much even if they receive £200m+ this summer.

Edited by LAM09

48 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Teams were probably wary due to his stint at Milan & Sevilla to a lesser extent. Haller & Jovic had similar numbers at the same club & haven't exactly done much since.

Re-signing Isak would be the best option to them. However, I can't see them spending that much even if they receive £200m+ this summer.

Dortmund just removed their buy back clause on Isak.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Dortmund just removed their buy back clause on Isak.

Ah, fair enough. I wasn't aware it was official (had seen rumours).

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Spell at Milan was tough but he was 18 or 19 and moved too soon. Did well at Porto, badly at Milan but they were a mess at the time and he went out on loan after his first season. Scored 10 goals for Seville which isn’t the worst return all things considering but he’s eclipsed his goal return every season since then.

Looks on a good trajectory coming into his prime years where as Jovic was basically a one and a half season wonder and even then has only got double figures once in his career. Haller was unlucky that things didnt work at West Ham tbf because he has scored regularly everywhere he’s been. Ajax included now.