Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So what are his sources then :)

Last time I checked, Matt Law was notoriously known for taking stories from those that first broke it. 

How the fuck should I know who gives him the info? :lol:

But in big news like confirmed transfers Law very obviously gets briefed by someone directly inside the club on the details. It's crazy to suggest otherwise. The best football journalists in England have close ties to the clubs and get briefed when something big happens, just see yesterday's reports on the development of the Sancho deal and you'll see the journalists were clearly briefed by United because there's no way they would publish 100% same articles at the same time if they weren't briefed in advance. The journos usually specialize in one club only, like Matt Law with Chelsea. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

BILD's report literally goes into details that the signing fees are going to be distributed throughout the remainder of his contract. Equally a total of  £270,000 a week. It isn't a number merely conjured up. 

Yeah, and like I said that while it may well be true the signing fees are very rarely added up to the weekly wages in news reports. The £11M signing fee inflates his weekly wage for £40K/wk.

Obviously on the club's financial records the one-off signing fee gets divided to the five year contract length just like the transfer fee etc. so in that regard it matters fuck all whether it's a signing fee or just a higher weekly salary but the only difference is how it gets reported in the media. I don't see signing fees added in media reports for other players so it's just the journalist going for a sensational headline by adding up everything. It may be true, but I'm just saying it's not how they are usually reported. 

But let's say for now that the overall £270K/wk figure is in fact true and £40K of that consists of the one-off signing fee which Werner has already been paid in full, that leaves £230K/wk. There's not that much of a difference to the £170K/wk reports that the British tier 1 sources were saying (BBC, Athletic, Matt Law) so I wouldn't rule out there being roughly £60K/wk worth of performance-related bonuses in Werner's contract depending on how many goals he scores, how the team perform in competitions etc. It could easily just be that BILD added all those up too and arrived at a total of £270K, no matter if the targets are ever reached or not.

But I'm not saying I'm 100% right, just something I would assume based on the reports of good English journalists and my own comparison to other deals Chelsea have made lately (RLC, CHO contracts) which also included a lot of performance-related add-ons. For example CHO's wage reports in the media were all over the place, but putting piece by piece together I can quite confidently assume he makes a £120K/wk basic wage and has bonuses to potentially take it up to £180K/wk if he reaches all targets (this season he obviously didn't).

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'll stick with the source that initially broke it and then everyone hopped on it. Not to mention said source have actually done a throughout and detailed breakdown and the terms. 

It is amusing however seeing everyone try and rule out the concept that we are paying a player high wages. :lol:

No one is ruling out anything, just curious about as to why Werner's reported wage includes signing fee and possibly even some bonuses etc. all added together and pretty much every other players gets reported just their basic weekly wage. It's very obvious that Werner is getting paid a high wage by Chelsea's standards but I wouldn't just take £270K/wk at face value without looking at the specifics and compare that to all the other players in the squad.

Also, have you actually read the detailed breakdown from BILD yourself or are you just going by snippets you read on the internet? It's behind a paywall so I haven't seen the full article, would be very interested in reading the whole thing if possible.

49 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

BILD's report literally goes into details that the signing on fees isn't a lump sum, they are going to be distributed throughout the remainder of his contract. Equally a total of  £270,000 a week. It isn't a number merely conjured up.

A normal practice. It is why the weekly calculation of Sanchez's deal at ManU is so high and even going back a long time now, it is why Sol Campbell's deal at Arsenal was huge for the time.

22 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

They dont need much in all fairness. If they can keep the majority of the big hitters fit and playing  in 90% of the games they still will be top 2 easily. 

They lack a top creative midfield player and a couple squad players maybe but what about if Klopp plays youngsters instead to replace the likes of Lovren and Lallana? They've sold Lovren but the likes of van der Berg and Hoever can both play at CB and are both highly rated u18 Dutch internationals and Lallana again I mean his contribution last season was near non existent so a youngster can surely use up those minutes 100%. I mean weve all just spent a season lauding our manager for dumping David Luiz out the squad for Tomori, Luiz is a better CB than Lovren. 

Maybe they should of pushed for Werner more, I thought he would of been their top target, as they need a better CF/wide forward to back/rotate/compete with those guys maybe. Have no doubts he’d of played regularly there unlike what the likes of that crackhead Robbie Fowler and John Barnes came out saying after we got him.

If they get Thiago in midfield, who would fit in at any club in the PL and improve them as well as a good back up CF/winger, they are still gonna be right up there. I still fancy City to do it this year but I dont think anybody will break that City and Liverpool top 2 next season but the gap will hopefully be closer or at least the gap between us and wherever.

they have fuckall for depth, as I have painstakingly laid out on multiple occasions

they get a few key injuries they are fucked atm

20 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

It’s really hard to judge Pep’s coaching ability, after all he is THE biggest cheque book manager in the football history.

But I think United has spend the same or more since Pep been at city. 

United under Mourinho and now Solksker has spend a lot if not more. 

The difference is that City buy good, like Liverpool did. 

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pep is clearly a brilliant football mind but he always needs the absolute exact type of (often hugely expensive) players.

It's stupid how Guardiola has escaped criticism for his defensive flops. City have spent over 300 million on defenders since he took over and only Walker and Laporte have turned out decent. 

Ivanovic might join Everton

https://princerupertstower.com/2020/08/05/ivanovic-join-everton/

LISBON, PORTUGAL - DECEMBER 10: Branislav Ivanovic of Zenit St Petersburg in action during the UEFA Champions League Group G match between SL Benfica and Zenit St. Petersburg at Estadio da Luz on December 10, 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal. (Photo by Gualter Fatia/Getty Images)

According to several media reports, Everton are on the verge of signing former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on a free transfer.

Is this really likely and why would Everton want to sign the 36-year-old who has most recently been playing his trade in the Russian league with Zenit St Petersburgh.

As usual with such reports, they must be taken with a pinch of salt. But according to The Sun, Ivanovic is quoted as saying joining the Blues is his likely next career move. So who knows..?

On the surface this would seem to be a bizarre and strange move. However,  there might be some method to this apparent madness.

While solving the problems in midfield should most definitely be the club’s transfer window priority, I’ve said before that I think the Toffees do need a bit more experience in key positions, in particular in central defence and up front.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:25 AM, Jason said:

Also, has anyone noticed a certain big Premier League club has been rather quiet in the transfer market, so far at least? That club is playing with fire for next season...

Doesn't have many need though, and it is super difficult to improve their 1st eleven. Rotation wise 

Minamino - origi - shaqiri

Milner - keita - ox

Lb - gomez - cb - rb

They probably want a rotational cb or fb, not sure they can and want to pay 40 m for backup (ake). Werner is interesting option for them but he is ours. 

17 minutes ago, communicate said:

Doesn't have many need though, and it is super difficult to improve their 1st eleven. Rotation wise 

Minamino - origi - shaqiri

Milner - keita - ox

Lb - gomez - cb - rb

They probably want a rotational cb or fb, not sure they can and want to pay 40 m for backup (ake). Werner is interesting option for them but he is ours. 

Liverpool have shit for depth and after three more seasons their 3 Ferraris up front all have decimated resale values compared to now

VVD turns 30 next summer, Salah turns 30 right after the season after this coming season ends, Mane turns 30 during the season after the coming one, Firmino turns 29 in a couple months (so he is older than Mane and Salah), Henderson is 30 now, Georginio Wijnaldum is almost 30 now, Matip turns 30 after next season ends, Milner is 35 in January, Lallana turns 33 next season. Lovren turns 32 next year. They are (unlike the ridiculous presenters yapping on) are not a young team (Stevie Nichol says they are golden, peak of powers for the next 5 season after at least!, lolol) and Klopp just announced he is leaving summer of 2024.

if they stand still and do nothing this summer, and they get hit with HALF the injuries we have had to key players, they are well fucked

GK they are set

CB they only have 3 decent ones (one of those is superb, VVD) after that, they are fucked, and only have 2 if Gomes needs to spell TAA

LB zero real backup, unless you count the 35yo in January, out of position Milner, who is a joke there at this point

RB  after starting CB Joe Gomes (who, again then leaves them with ZERO backup decent CB's once Lovren leaves) teen Neco Williams is the only backup 

DMF no backup for Fabinho unless they slide Henderson over the DMF

CMF superb starters  with backups Keita and Ox (unless he plays at AMF) plus the old Milner, they are well set here to a point for the next two seasons, more than likely

AMF, with Lallana leaving, they have no true AMF, Ox is the closest

LW only backups are huge drop of, the meh (so far) Takumi Minamino and then the out of position Origi

RW again massive drop off, Xherdan Shaqiri is shit, and so they will probably rely on Harry Wilson, coming back from loan

CF Origi and then nothing

THAT is so not a deep team, they are fucked at LB, RB (if Gomes cannot switch over from CB), DMF (unless you count Henderson vacating his normal role, which causes other issues) AMF ,and ALL 3 up front if the starters cannot go (plus a huge drop off at keeper)

the odds of them going injury-free at all those key positions (especially those with with no or shit backup) are very low

if they do not reinforce they are insane

I predict the same trouble that I predicted (and was deadly accurate on) that Shitty had if they do not make moves

and starting next year they better have a plan for those front 3

the will start to age out, lose massive value, and Liverpool is so NOT a Manure or Real or Shitty or PSG or Barca

they ride those 3 for the next 2 or 3 years (especially 3) and make no moves they will never recover, as by then those 3 (when they are 31, 32yo) will have fuckall in resale value and they will never have the cash to replace them, as they have shitty yank owners

IF Klopp's contract was until 2023, I could see him doing just that, going for 3 years of glory, fuck the future as he is out, BUT he did say he was staying until 2024 (when his contract ends, and then he is deffo leaving-- his words) so maybe he does start to make moves