Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Maybe they'll really push for Sturridge now.

Well, they sure seem confident about signing someone on deadline day or else they wouldn't have let Carroll leave, no matter how shit he is. They now have only Borini, who hasn't yet made an impact and Suarez, who is one of the worst finishers in the league and can't be relied on to take the responsibility of being their main goal-scorer. Seeing as they were willing to pay £35m for that donkey less than two years ago when they were left a man short on deadline day, Sturridge should easily fetch £40m from those desperate cunts. :Goober:

Realistically though, I can't see him leaving for any price unless we are looking to sign at least one more new player ourselves, maybe even two.

Well, they sure seem confident about signing someone on deadline day or else they wouldn't have let Carroll leave, no matter how shit he is. They now have only Borini, who hasn't yet made an impact and Suarez, who is one of the worst finishers in the league and can't be relied on to take the responsibility of being their main goal-scorer. Seeing as they were willing to pay £35m for that donkey less than two years ago when they were left a man short on deadline day, Sturridge should easily fetch £40m from those desperate cunts. :Goober:

Realistically though, I can't see him leaving for any price unless we are looking to sign at least one more new player ourselves, maybe even two.

I agree. Unless Hulk is brought in last minute, Sturridge is not for sale. Don't see it happening.

We still do. Getting another ST is really crucial.

Not really, but that's just my opinion. It'd be crucial if we had no back up whatsoever for Torres, but we do have that in Sturridge. With Lukaku coming back next season as well there's really no point in splashing the cash on another back up striker, that is my sincere opinion. I have a feeling the club feel the same as well. Think long term, not just short term.

The best thing we could do is perhaps bring in a striker on loan or something, but buying another striker really isn't as essential as many are making it out to be, that's what I think anyway.

I agree. Unless Hulk is brought in last minute, Sturridge is not for sale. Don't see it happening.

Well, the way I see it is that there are more players than Hulk who I would gladly have if Liverpool were willing to pay way over the odds for Sturridge and we wanted to invest that money on a replacement. Any one of Llorente, Remy, Cavani, Falcao, Jovetic, Lewandowski, Schurrle etc. would be more than welcome.

Too many variables and too little time regarding that possible transfer for Sturridge. I can't see us signing anyone from that list easily anymore since apart from Remy none of those guys seem to be on the market and there's only one day left. No way we'd be selling one of our two strikers without buying anyone because we are light in attack already as it is.

If I had to bet, I would put my money on Liverpool signing Huntelaar.

I can understand why Liverpool want Sturridge, a natural finisher...have you seen Suarez again tonight?! He has a case for being the worst finisher I've ever seen for a striker!

And if we think Sturridge is selfish, watch Suarez!

We still do. Getting another ST is really crucial.

Isn't there a good st at the Academy?

I always hear that Roman wants to do the "Barcelona Way" in Chelsea...Well, they dont really buy backups, they plea for a youngster if 2 players of the same postion gets hurt.

Does someone know any prospect from the Academy?

Not really, but that's just my opinion. It'd be crucial if we had no back up whatsoever for Torres, but we do have that in Sturridge. With Lukaku coming back next season as well there's really no point in splashing the cash on another back up striker, that is my sincere opinion. I have a feeling the club feel the same as well. Think long term, not just short term.

Yes but we can't just ignore the present because of the future. We have also gotta think of our current situation with the team. Suicidal to go into a long season especially this one with just Torres and Sturridge or just 2 strikers for that matter. Rotations/Injuries/Suspensions all will come into place. IF Torres get injured or suffers a dip in form, then we only have 1 striker in Sturridge to turn to. We'll probably have to flogged him to death when that happens. Furthermore, having another striker will also give us another option when needed in certain games. City and United all have 4 STs in their team that can give them different variations. Not saying we should have as many STs as them but at least 3 is needed especially we have so many matches to play this season and if we really want to challenge for the top honours.

I always hear that Roman wants to do the "Barcelona Way" in Chelsea...Well, they dont really buy backups, they plea for a youngster if 2 players of the same postion gets hurt.

Patrick Bamford and Milan Lalkovic who curently is on loan in portugal, and there ofcourse is Piazon.

Feruz and Bamford are 3 years away from starters Piazon prob 2