Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I'm going to throw a name out there and await the stick.

Darren Bent.

Out of favour, cheap/possible loan option. But the one thing he does is score goals. He does the absolutely basics at league level of running the channels, playing right on the last man and laying the ball off. That's all we really need - a guy who can do the basics, something Torres clearly can't.

Great shout, I've always been a fan of his. But I think our problem is not with names but rather with the decision to replace Torres. If the board decide they want a striker in Jan there are lots of players we can go after.

Fuck Fellaini, Inler is the beast. Guy is scoring outside penalty area goals for fun, yesterday put two more to his count.

In his prime age, fast, strong, powerful player. Great at tackling and going forward. Not typical DPL or DM, but a mix of both. Get him in package with Cavani. Should fix our problems sure.

I'm going to throw a name out there and await the stick.

Darren Bent.

Out of favour, cheap/possible loan option. But the one thing he does is score goals. He does the absolutely basics at league level of running the channels, playing right on the last man and laying the ball off. That's all we really need - a guy who can do the basics, something Torres clearly can't.

Well he scored only 2 goals this season, and he played regulary for first two months. Then he fall out of favour...Last year he scored only 9 goals. Not much better than Torres realy. Just cuz Torres is bad, not everyone will be better than him.

Remember, Torres was great scorer too once...Bent had great season two yrs ago, with 17 goals, but that was that. Nothing special since...

We should either try someone big (Cavani,...) or someone cheap, but in good form and talent like Bony, Jovetic (he would still cost 20mio less than Falcao or Cavani),...

Well he scored only 2 goals this season, and he played regulary for first two months. Then he fall out of favour...Last year he scored only 9 goals. Not much better than Torres realy. Just cuz Torres is bad, not everyone will be better than him.

Remember, Torres was great scorer too once...Bent had great season two yrs ago, with 17 goals, but that was that. Nothing special since...

We should either try someone big (Cavani,...) or someone cheap, but in good form and talent like Bony, Jovetic (he would still cost 20mio less than Falcao or Cavani),...

So we can defend Torres because he doesn't get service, but Darren Bent doesn't get that same defence at Villa??

But yeah, let's go and buy someone unproven in our league for twice as much. What's the cheat code we have to enter at the title screen for unlimited funds? Anyone?

So we can defend Torres because he doesn't get service, but Darren Bent doesn't get that same defence at Villa??

But yeah, let's go and buy someone unproven in our league for twice as much. What's the cheat code we have to enter at the title screen for unlimited funds? Anyone?

You missunderstood, I dont defend Torres (fuck him realy) or blaming Bent for having or not having service. Both have been bad in last two seasons. Bent scored 17 goals at Sunderland (there was not much service to him at such club) but at Villa, he became average. Torres is shit for past three yrs too.

Im saying Bent wouldnt fix our problems realy, what we need now. United has RVP, City has XYZ, we would have Bent? I agree he would do better than Torres, but he is not what we need. And buying him wont fix our problems or make us win crucial games.

And btw, you realy think just cuz the player is not PL proven, he wont be good imediately or will be extra expensive? One word - Michu. 2 mio and is top scorer with 10 goals so far. We should seriously get Bony if we are loking for cheap alternative option, he has atributes to be great in PL, or at least as good as Bent and younger.

I myself would rather Lukaku stayed out on-loan, He's enjoying his loan-spell out at West Brom. Both playing and scoring. If he comes back to us, I feel we'll just chuck him on the bench and give him maybe 10 minutes a game.

Think we need a bit of strength in our team, Whether that be a strong striker, or a midfielder. We need a bit of muscle in our team!

You missunderstood, I dont defend Torres (fuck him realy) or blaming Bent for having or not having service. Both have been bad in last two seasons. Bent scored 17 goals at Sunderland (there was not much service to him at such club) but at Villa, he became average. Torres is shit for past three yrs too.

Im saying Bent wouldnt fix our problems realy, what we need now. United has RVP, City has XYZ, we would have Bent? I agree he would do better than Torres, but he is not what we need. And buying him wont fix our problems or make us win crucial games.

And btw, you realy think just cuz the player is not PL proven, he wont be good imediately or will be extra expensive? One word - Michu. 2 mio and is top scorer with 10 goals so far. We should seriously get Bony if we are loking for cheap alternative option, he has atributes to be great in PL, or at least as good as Bent and younger.

What I'm saying is that Bent has a proven track record without being overly expensive. We might even be able to get him on loan, so why not? He doesn't have to be the only one we bring in, so we could make a move for someone like Bony too.

We've just got to get someone in for six months, rather than letting Benitez loose with the credit card when he's likely to be gone by summer.

What I'm saying is that Bent has a proven track record without being overly expensive. We might even be able to get him on loan, so why not? He doesn't have to be the only one we bring in, so we could make a move for someone like Bony too.

We've just got to get someone in for six months, rather than letting Benitez loose with the credit card when he's likely to be gone by summer.

Well then fine, but I dont see someone like Bent to save our season. We probably wont sell Torres or Danny, so having Bent, Danny, Torres and someone like Bony makes no real sense. Its pointless, as long Torres will be here as only big money player, Roman will force Rafa to play him. If we loan or buy Bent he will be sub, Danny will be third striker. Bony on other hand, could prove himself and get starting position. Sure Bent could do that to, but we cant know until someone actualy comes in.

Well then fine, but I dont see someone like Bent to save our season. We probably wont sell Torres or Danny, so having Bent, Danny, Torres and someone like Bony makes no real sense. Its pointless, as long Torres will be here as only big money player, Roman will force Rafa to play him. If we loan or buy Bent he will be sub, Danny will be third striker. Bony on other hand, could prove himself and get starting position. Sure Bent could do that to, but we cant know until someone actualy comes in.

Given the choice between a short-term loan or a cut-price fee for Bent, or a £15 million punt on a player who plays fairly similarly to Lukaku, I think I'd go with Bent considering where our club is right now. It's a tough choice.

Given the choice between a short-term loan or a cut-price fee for Bent, or a £15 million punt on a player who plays fairly similarly to Lukaku, I think I'd go with Bent considering where our club is right now. It's a tough choice.

Yeah, but we are Chelsea and Im sure Roman will go after big player in january...

Did I just see someone wanting Bent over Bony? Please don't say that....

It's a tough choice. Bony is unproven and who know if the manager in six months will want him. Bent has a proven track record in this league and may well be available on a short-term move.

Cavani would be a blinding buy. He is a proper player who would bring it all to the table. What about Dzeko? you never know, he clearly has the hump playing third/fourth fiddle at Citeh. Doubt if they would flog him us, but you never know. Maybe we could lob Torres into the deal :rolleyes:

Andy Carroll? Bent? and...I'll tell you what..Walcott? contract nearly up?, wants to play through the middle?, I'd have him no worries.

Cavani would be a blinding buy. He is a proper player who would bring it all to the table. What about Dzeko? you never know, he clearly has the hump playing third/fourth fiddle at Citeh. Doubt if they would flog him us, but you never know. Maybe we could lob Torres into the deal :rolleyes:

Andy Carroll? Bent? and...I'll tell you what..Walcott? contract nearly up?, wants to play through the middle?, I'd have him no worries.

Fuck it, while we are at it may aswell go for Grant Holt. :D

PS. Dzeko is still a dream signing for me, shame it won't come true

CAN WE STOP APROACHING 20 YEARS OLD?

We already have enough youth talent in our Academy and in our Squad. We need players in their prime who will drastically improve our team right now, not 4 years later...

Couldn't of put it better, We need an experienced players, Who will make an impact straight away!